New Rayong Immigration requirement for retirement extensions based on 800k in the bank

OJAS

37 minutes ago, OJAS said:

They now require 12-month bank statements as well as certified passbook copies, as I found out yesterday when seeking my latest retirement extension there. Presumably this new requirement also applies to those seeking marriage extensions on the basis of 400k in the bank.

What is meant by certified copy of passbook?
Certified by KrungSri?
Normally I make a copy of the updated passbook at immigration, so why do I need it certified?
I print out the statement at home, the bank letter is issued by KrungSri in MaptaPut and update passbook there, of course it takes 30-40 minutes. 
All the paperwork with immigration takes another ~30 minutes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sathornlover said:

What is meant by certified copy of passbook?
Certified by KrungSri?
Normally I make a copy of the updated passbook at immigration, so why do I need it certified?
I print out the statement at home, the bank letter is issued by KrungSri in MaptaPut and update passbook there, of course it takes 30-40 minutes. 
All the paperwork with immigration takes another ~30 minutes.

I mean copies of pages from your passbook which you sign and date yourself, just as you do copies of passport pages.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As for Bangkok Bank issue you can obtain locally every six months or you can order a week or two before next extension of stay.  There is no requirement for it to be same day as may be the case with bank letter or updated passbook entry.

So to be clear, if you order a Bangkok bank statement a week in advance, it may not be dated for the day you apply for your extension but that will be accepted?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I mean copies of pages from your passbook which you sign and date yourself, just as you do copies of passport pages.

OK, I get it now ;-), but this is not really a new requirement. Bank letter, updated passbook and copy thereof and 12 months statement are requested. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

So to be clear, if you order a Bangkok bank statement a week in advance, it may not be dated for the day you apply for your extension but that will be accepted?

Yes, but copy the page with the entries and balance after the last statement day and attach to statement.

2 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Yes, but copy the page with the entries and balance after the last statement day and attach to statement.

Thanks. But the demand for a statement in addition to passbook entries is undoubtedly a new local requirement. When I did my extension in February the passbook on its own was all I needed, as I have done for the last 13 years. I'm careful to update my book every month. Overprinting of an entry can be an issue, though.

24 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Yes.  You also need updated passbook and bank letter of account ownership/balance.  They will likely have date requirements.

2 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Thanks. But the demand for a statement in addition to passbook entries is undoubtedly a new local requirement. When I did my extension in February the passbook on its own was all I needed, as I have done for the last 13 years. I'm careful to update my book every month. Overprinting of an entry can be an issue, though.

I answered your question about the statement date being different, and now you twist it around. Make up your mind what you actually want. 

1 minute ago, couchpotato said:

I answered your question about the statement date being different, and now you twist it around. Make up your mind what you actually want. 

I didn't dispute what you wrote and thank you for your information. I was merely agreeing with the OP that the Rayong office appear to be tightening up on what they require.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sathornlover said:

OK, I get it now ;-), but this is not really a new requirement. Bank letter, updated passbook and copy thereof and 12 months statement are requested. 

But the 12-month statement is definitely a new requirement as far as Rayong Immigration are concerned. I was not asked for one this time last year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Strikes me that the optimum solution for those stashing the 800k in a Bangkok Bank account would be to transfer this to an account with another bank (Bangkok Bank are, I gather, alone among Thai banks in not being able to provide 12-month statements on the spot). Maybe 400k after the post-extension 800k 3-month seasoning period has expired, and the remaining 400k just before the 800k 2-month seasoning period for the next extension application commences?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

Presumably this new requirement also applies to those seeking marriage extensions on the basis of 400k in the bank.

No.    Currently for Marriage extensions, you can withdraw the whole amount of your balance the day after the extension is granted, and with no need to deposit any further funds at all until two months prior to the next extension being due/applied for.

14 minutes ago, pagallim said:

No.    Currently for Marriage extensions, you can withdraw the whole amount of your balance the day after the extension is granted, and with no need to deposit any further funds at all until two months prior to the next extension being due/applied for.

I had in mind the requirement for 12-month bank statements - which I have since my OP been informed by a personal source outside Asean Now with contacts with the hierarchy at Rayong Immigration is, indeed, also to apply to marriage extensions processed through that particular office.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I had in mind the requirement for 12-month bank statements - which I have since my OP been informed by a personal source outside Asean Now with contacts with the hierarchy at Rayong Immigration is, indeed, also to apply to marriage extensions processed through that particular office.

Your contacts are not well informed. Not necessary for Marriage ext.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Indeed, no requirement at all for any amount to be retained in own bank account other than 400,000 baht two months prior to extension application.   This regardless of which Immigration Office.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, couchpotato said:

11 hours ago, pagallim said:

Indeed, no requirement at all for any amount to be retained in own bank account other than 400,000 baht two months prior to extension application.   This regardless of which Immigration Office.

Are you seriously saying that immigration offices (and in particular Rayong in this instance) don't require any supporting financial proof in the form of certified passbook copies and/or bank statements in the case of marriage extension applications? Even allowing for the fact that this is Thailand I find this incredibly hard to believe!

But there again maybe we are at cross-purposes here??

Edited by OJAS

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Are you seriously saying that immigration offices (and in particular Rayong in this instance) don't require any supporting financial proof in the form of certified passbook copies and/or bank statements in the case of marriage extension applications? Even allowing for the fact that this is Thailand I find this incredibly hard to believe!

Cross purposes.   Letter from bank, 3 month statement, and copies of actual bank book pages (all in duplicate of course).   I'm referring to the requirement for 800/400,000 minimum balance throughout the year required for Retirement extensions, which does not apply to Marriage/Familly extensions.

21 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

There is no requirement for it to be same day as may be the case with bank letter or updated passbook entry.

I don't know about Rayong but Trat and others require same day everything. Why is BKB unable to do what most others can in 30min and not days. 

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

For married ext.A Pension of Income Certificate is just what I need to provide.. No Bank statements, no passbook.

22 hours ago, OJAS said:

They now require 12-month bank statements as well as certified passbook copies, as I found out yesterday when seeking my latest retirement extension there. Presumably this new requirement also applies to those seeking marriage extensions on the basis of 400k in the bank.

This will prove a particular PITA for those who stash the requisite funds in a Bangkok Bank account since their branches are unable to produce 12-month statements on the spot but instead require up to a week's notice to obtain these from Head Office in Bangkok. Thankfully my 800k account is with Krungsri whose Maptaput branch were able to provide me with a suitable statement over the counter.

CW has required the 12 mnth bank statements for more than a year now, and a copy of your last 90day report.