Bhumjaithai Party will not join any coalition with Move Forward

snoop1130

anutin-web.jpg

Bhumjaithai Party leader Anutin Charnvirakul insisted today (Friday) that his party will not join any government that includes Move Forward, due to its campaign promise to review the lèse majesté law.

Anutin, whose party has 71 House seats, said, however, that Pheu Thai has not yet invited his party to join the government.

As Move Forward were forming a governing coalition after it won the most House seats in the general election, Anutin said many times that his party would never join their administration.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bhumjaithai-party-will-not-join-any-coalition-with-move-forward/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-07-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, bannork said:

Anuthin said he hadn't heard anything from PT.

Maybe because the boss of PT, Thaksin, has contacted Anuthin's real boss, Newin. Lol 

The real bosses are observing and mused. 

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

I said in another post can MF dissolve the coalition. This would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons. PT would have to make a coaltion with the military/royalist/conservatives. I'm not sure even then with the military planted senators they could get the numbers for a PM if MF and their coalition partners excluding PT vote against any PM candidate put forward by PT or the military/royalist/conservatives. Just a thought.

Edit. Yes PT would have the numbers. just thought about it a bit more. Means PT has to get into bed with the devil. IMO this would be the end of PT. Interesting times indeed. One thing is for sure. Thailand IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

I read somewhere (Thai media) that the 250 hand picked senators are out of a job sometime next year. I think in March. Pita should have delayed things until then.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bhumjaithai Party leader Anutin Charnvirakul insisted today (Friday) that his party will not join any government that includes Move Forward,

Is their snout the wrong shape???

Rumours that Anutin is being offered the foreign minister job where there is little money to be made.  Perhaps he has to bite the bullet and abandon his cannabis policy as Thaksin is dead set on recriminalising it. Otherwise he will demand the public health ministry but I can't imagine him settling for the foreign ministry.

26 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Rumours that Anutin is being offered the foreign minister job where there is little money to be made. 

I think he would welcome the FM/MoFA posting. This would round out and burnish his CV.

I can see Newin also demanding that son Saksayam keep the MoT portfolio, and clear up any kerfuffle there regarding misappropriation of funds.

• Thumbs Up 1