New set of car tires

ConnectionNotGuaranteed

Coming out of Pattaya Tai and heading north. 2nd on the left after the Esso garage, got a Maxxis sign above his shop, but can get you other brands.

He has always been fair to me, competitive with pricing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sungod said:

Coming out of Pattaya Tai and heading north. 2nd on the left after the Esso garage, got a Maxxis sign above his shop, but can get you other brands.

Cheers Sungod

That's near to the one above so I'll pop into both and get a price ????

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Slightly off-topic, but I'd love to know a reliable place for wheel balancing and alignment please!

Any place selling tyres will do balancing. As to alignment, I got it done inclusive when I bought 4 new tyres at a Maxxis. This one actually...

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Any place selling tyres will do balancing. As to alignment, I got it done inclusive when I bought 4 new tyres at a Maxxis. This one actually...

I got a new set of Maxis from my local Tireplus, they told me wheel balancing free, I watched them, waited till a 4 wheels were fitted and tightened, then went and told the reception, they have not balanced the rear wheels ''Oh we only do the front" JEEZ!  I told them to balance the rear also or I don't pay, yep off they came and got balanced. They also did not submerse in water after fitting new tires, or use a torque wrench on the nuts and i had to show them the sticker on the door post to point out the Correct pressure. plonkers.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 3STTW said:

Cockpit, southbound on Sukhumvit between Pattaya Central and Pattaya Tai junctions ( 12°55'27.82"N 100°53'55.48"E).

Excellent service, I went in for two fronts and they checked all five, the spare was flat so they reseated it, all at no extra charge.

My go-to tire spot.

I always use Cockpit, never been anywhere else because great service. I used for new tyres, alignment, puncture, battery, wiper blades you name it, branches all over the place

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

They also did not submerse in water after fitting new tires, or use a torque wrench on the nuts and i had to show them the sticker on the door post to point out the Correct pressure. plonkers.

The motorbike place near me always pumps tyres up to super rock hard.... blew my damned guage apart when I tried to measure them. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I got a new set of Maxis from my local Tireplus, they told me wheel balancing free, I watched them, waited till a 4 wheels were fitted and tightened, then went and told the reception, they have not balanced the rear wheels ''Oh we only do the front" JEEZ!  I told them to balance the rear also or I don't pay, yep off they came and got balanced. They also did not submerse in water after fitting new tires, or use a torque wrench on the nuts and i had to show them the sticker on the door post to point out the Correct pressure. plonkers.

Why doesnt that suprise me?

• Haha 1

If you don't watch their every move then at the end of the day it doesn't matter who you chose. (As all 'tradesmen' in Thailand), I have never found One tire place yet, that know every car has a tire pressure sticker on the door post.

One franchised store will not be the same as another of the same franchise. Including main dealerships.

No sitting in their A/C room drinking coffee for me. Years in the trade taught me that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:33 PM, CanadaSam said:

Slightly off-topic, but I'd love to know a reliable place for wheel balancing and alignment please!

B Quik near to Big C Pattaya thai...cost 750 baht for my pick up, i use some of  my Ais points and get a 50% discount of that,so under 400 baht ????

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2023 at 1:33 PM, CanadaSam said:

On 7/24/2023 at 10:02 AM, sungod said:

Same place

Edited by sungod