Aussies retain The Ashes

bignok

1 minute ago, RAZZELL said:

Mark Wood missed the first two Tests because he was injured. Different story then!

You lot were petrified :passifier:

Oh well you lost. Too bad. Another 4 nil loss in Oz next time. Enjoy waiting 4 years.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HungDonger said:

Ban all future Test cricket in England !

The chances of completing a series of 5 day games in the middle of the English summer is remote.

A waste of time and effort for the visiting players and supporters.

The constant rains mean the series are based on luck.

Once the games are played in a neutral environment with decent weather and  without 'pitch fixing' we will all see how bad English cricket really is .

Then you'd be sounding the death knell for Test cricket. India are the major financial power in cricket but their interest centres around 20-20. Australia test matches against the likes of SL, BL, WI, Ireland, Zimbabwe get next to no one attending either home or away:  Matches against England (both home and away) are the only Test series that are financially viable for those nations.

Re the doctored pitches: What a load of old <deleted>. QED.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RayC said:

Then you'd be sounding the death knell for Test cricket. India are the major financial power in cricket but their interest centres around 20-20. Australia test matches against the likes of SL, BL, WI, Ireland, Zimbabwe get next to no one attending either home or away:  Matches against England (both home and away) are the only Test series that are financially viable for those nations.

Re the doctored pitches: What a load of old <deleted>. QED.

TBF, Stokes did ask for flat pitches to help Bazball.

I don't think Captains should be commenting on what pitches they would like.

Especially in the media.

Just leave it up to the curators.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I see a certain posters reply count has recently reduced by 3. Baiting/trolling? I'll never get to know as he is the sole person I have chosen to ignore on this forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Keeps said:

I see a certain posters reply count has recently reduced by 3. Baiting/trolling? I'll never get to know as he is the sole person I have chosen to ignore on this forum.

A good decision to ignore; it is mostly racist anti-British comments, all rather tiresome and predictable. I might put them on the ignore list myself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

A good decision to ignore; it is mostly racist anti-British comments, all rather tiresome and predictable. I might put them on the ignore list myself.

Britain is not a race and it's England playing not GB.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BarraMarra said:

Well my last post as its getting silly . Australian Cricket test squads of history of Cheating and getting filmed cheating, from there Captains to Coaches.

Yet England did more cheating.

Try admitting the truth.

18 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Well my last post as its getting silly . Australian Cricket test squads of history of Cheating and getting filmed cheating, from there Captains to Coaches.

Indeed. In 2021 Cameron Bancroft crawled out from underneath the bus that Cricket Australia had thrown him under, and when asked in an interview if Australia’s bowlers knew about the plan to use sandpaper on the ball during the match at Newlands. He replied that the answer was “pretty probably self-explanatory”.

The bowlers were Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Nathan Lyon.

It will eventually all be revealed when either Warner, or more probably Bancroft, retire, and spill everything in a biography. It will also be revealed that it was happening long before they were caught in the act. In the 2017-18 Ashes in Australia, the Aussie bowlers achieved prodigious swing, and reverse, while Jimmy Anderson, the best swing bowler in the world achieved little to none.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Indeed. In 2021 Cameron Bancroft crawled out from underneath the bus that Cricket Australia had thrown him under, and when asked in an interview if Australia’s bowlers knew about the plan to use sandpaper on the ball during the match at Newlands. He replied that the answer was “pretty probably self-explanatory”.

The bowlers were Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood and Nathan Lyon.

It will eventually all be revealed when either Warner, or more probably Bancroft, retire, and spill everything in a biography. It will also be revealed that it was happening long before they were caught in the act. In the 2017-18 Ashes in Australia, the Aussie bowlers achieved prodigious swing, and reverse, while Jimmy Anderson, the best swing bowler in the world achieved little to none.

Anderson is overrated. Wasim was far better.

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

Mark Wood missed the first two Tests because he was injured. Different story then!

You lot were petrified :passifier:

I doubt it, when they were practicing against guys like Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood in the nets. Admittedly having Joffra Archer alongside Wood is an attack to be reckoned with. The English side has been carrying Jimmy Anderson.

I could equally argue Nathan Lyon's injury during the Second Test deprived Australia of one of the world's best spinners for the next two Tests.

Jeff Thomson was the bowler who really petrified batsmen. His ability to get a ball to rear up off a full length was fearsome.

Edited by Lacessit

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

doubt it, when they were practicing against guys like Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood in the nets.

Marsh hit Wood for six with a front foot pull shot. No fear.

Aussies are carrying Green. Done little with bat, no balls bowling.

Id play Neser.

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

TBF, Stokes did ask for flat pitches to help Bazball.

I don't think Captains should be commenting on what pitches they would like.

Especially in the media.

Just leave it up to the curators.

Fair point re Stokes' comment.

In an ideal world, I'd agree that as far as far as possible nature - with a limited helping hand from the groundsman - should define the pitch. However, we both know that home captains have 'had a word' re the pitch since the year dot.

In any event, imo the pitches haven't favoured either side. Before the series started, Australia looked to have the quicker (and better) bowling unit. However, imo so far that hasn't proven to be the case. Wood is the fastest bowler on show and both attacks have been evenly matched. Lyon is by far and away the best spinner on either side and his absence has meant that even if the pitch had broken up at Trent Bridge, it probably wouldn't have benefited either side nor will it do so at the Oval.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I could equally argue Nathan Lyon's injury during the Second Test deprived Australia of one of the world's best spinners for the next two Tests.

That’s a fair comment, Lyon has just got better and better over the last 5 years, and is now one of the best spinners in the world; think they should have had the courage to stick with young Todd Murphy, he looks a good prospect, and dropping him after one match will surely knock his confidence

• Like 1

Just now, bignok said:

Marsh hit Wood for six with a front foot pull shot. No fear.

Aussies are carrying Green. Done little with bat, no balls bowling.

Id play Neser.

Green needs time to develop, he could be a match-winner like Stokes as an all-rounder. Green Is 24, Neser is 33. He does better in the shorter game forms.

Nothing wrong with Green as a fielder.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Green needs time to develop, he could be a match-winner like Stokes as an all-rounder. Green Is 24, Neser is 33. He does better in the shorter game forms.

Nothing wrong with Green as a fielder.

They carried Watson for 10 years. He never got much good. Green looks the same to me.

West Indies never bothered with allrounders in 1980s. They had Sobers in 1960s.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

They carried Watson for 10 years. He never got much good. Green looks the same to me.

West Indies never bothered with allrounders in 1980s. They had Sobers in 1960s.

Aren't you making judgment too early? He's only 24 yo.

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

So, you’ve completely ignored my comment about the Cameron Bancroft interview, and defaulted to classic whataboutery … I wonder why ?

No you are just cherry picking. English players admitted cheating in 2005 and other series.

Classic case of bias.