EV Concerns EVs On Fire

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

No need to continue posting links from companies with a horse in the race

Then read the link I posted, since they have a horse in the race, since paying out claims.  More accurate stats, than silly YT vid for clicks.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I have been fully persuaded that I will never own a combustible electric vehicle. I enjoy driving my V6 powered car around Thailand.

Not sure if your post in jest or not.  But if not, then you really need to test drive one of the EVs, if you enjoy driving.  There really is no comparison on the performance level of EVs over ICEVs.

I didn't even bother test driving our EV, as simply buying the EV version of the ICE version we already owned.  Just ready the specs was enough for me.

ICE:

Maximum power (kW (PS)/ rpm)84 (114) / 6,000

Maximum torque (Nm/ rpm)150 / 4,500

EV;  MP; 177(130)  MT: 280 Nm

Edited by KhunLA

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It's the people who refuse to acknowledge EV's have some disadvantages, which ICE's don't have, who are the ones with closed minds.

9 months in with our EV, and unless an impatient person when O&A, (or work on the road) then I can't think of 1 disadvantage we've experiences.   Plenty of advantages though.

Matter of fact, it's easier to find a CS than E85, though mute now, since about the same price as 91.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even though im not a big fan of lithium.  I am of EV.  With solar energy charging,  its the best option. 

Of course using coal to create the electricity is plain dumb. 

Solar in Australia is very popular.  Every 3rd house in my town has panels. If it werent for the lithium issue,  id buy one and use my solar power to drive for free.  Now atm my excess power is being fed back into the grid where I am raped and given 1/6th the money I buy power for. 

Governmwnt and coal companies do get together to stifle the solar market. The world could be much further ahead as far as free clean  energy goes.  I apologize on behalf of greedy humanity. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure if your post in jest or not.  But if not, then you really need to test drive one of the EVs, if you enjoy driving.  There really is no comparison on the performance level of EVs over ICEVs.

I didn't even bother test driving our EV, as simply buying the EV version of the ICE version we already owned.  Just ready the specs was enough for me.

ICE:

Maximum power (kW (PS)/ rpm)84 (114) / 6,000

Maximum torque (Nm/ rpm)150 / 4,500

EV;  MP; 177(130)  MT: 280 Nm

You didn't post the weights????????

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

You didn't post the weights????????

It's on wheels, that extra weight is almost irrelevant.  And none of that @rpm BS.  Torque is instant with EVs.

Y'all people need to test drive one, before posting in the future.  If you enjoy driving, and want performance, you are missing out with an ICEV.

Fact, not just my opinion.