Favorite source/product for hamburger buns in Thailand?

Got some upcoming hamburger cooking to do at home, and just realized, I no longer have any idea where to buy some "quality" hamburger buns here.... something that will enhance the home-cooked burgers, not detract from their taste.

So asking, what's your hamburger bun of choice here, and where do you buy them from?  Thanks much!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

7D9CD8C5-B64D-4BF6-859A-47A1C7643F5F.png.d90616c4e0151fad3a782c5cc967fc8a.png

Of course cannot vouch for the quality. Search for brioche bun. 

Ya, I was thinking of something along the lines of a brioche or potato flour bun... As that seems to be what a lot of the better hamburger outlets around BKK are using these days....AFAIK...

I hadn't even considered Lazada as a potential source for this!  Thanks for the suggestion.... Though I have noticed a range of bakery sellers beginning to crop up there lately...which is a good thing!

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

Of course cannot vouch for the quality. Search for brioche bun. 

Helpful ... ????

... unfortunately, not available everywhere, but will agree, brioche seems to be the favorite & recommended quite often, on YT cooking channels.

Not available where I am, so I answered the question ...

... "what's your hamburger bun of choice here and where do you buy them from?"

I'm in BKK, so I suppose another possibility is buying direct from one of the better hamburger retailers... But I don't know that I've seen or heard of any of them selling their buns solo as a side-line...

I thought Sloane's used to carry some bakery products to go along with their meats, but I went to their website today, and found nothing in the way of bakery.

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Helpful ... ????

... unfortunately, not available everywhere, but will agree, brioche seems to be the favorite & recommended quite often, on YT cooking channels.

Not available where I am, so I answered the question ...

... "what's your hamburger bun of choice here and where do you buy them from?"

Of course they are available where you are….

Makro would be a thanks , but no thanks. 

Around BKK, especially coming out of COVID, there really has been a burgeoning of western / artisanal bakery places around town selling breads, sandwiches, pastries, etc...  And I know among those places the quality is good.

I guess I've got to figure out if any of them have hamburger buns among their offerings.... which I can't say I've noticed thus far in my perusing.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ya, I was thinking of something along the lines of a brioche or potato flour bun... As that seems to be what a lot of the better hamburger outlets around BKK are using these days....AFAIK...

I hadn't even considered Lazada as a potential source for this!  Thanks for the suggestion.... Though I have noticed a range of bakery sellers beginning to crop up there lately...which is a good thing!

Rarely seen here, as that was always my choice back in USA.

Online bkk bread vendor may be you best bet, since in bkk.

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Of course they are available where you are….

Makro would be a thanks , but no thanks. 

Please tell me ... 

... I'm not at Hua Hin, but at Prachuap Khiri Khan

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Lazada/Shopee….as per the illustration posted. 

1-2 or 3 days shipping ... I'll pass.  I don't do burgers that often anyway.

Edited by KhunLA

One of my nearby Makro branches has it's own bakery and decent western bread, including burger buns. According to label not margarine and preservative, just butter, flour, yeast, milk and egg powder. 

Villa used to have brioche buns (frozen) but can't find them any longer. The burger buns at the bread section are okay, too.

Aha!   Getting closer...

I asked Easy Burger, one of my preferred burger places in BKK, if they'd sell their potato flour buns separately...and their answer was no, not yet...

But in looking, I saw they're collaborating with a different bakery in BKK called Nine Pastry (Sukhumvit Soi 22)....and when I went to their FB site, I found the following:

Screenshot_3.jpg.be0491954f2a7688dd9c53e89532301a.jpg

Now that's a possibility!

https://www.facebook.com/nine.pastry/posts/pfbid02CwN2vT8jPhn8pbbaDSyvhsMzKGizzY6x6Csg7s6tSXM9ZezbBdpoWeGiM89QeNAwl

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 minutes ago, CLW said:

Villa used to have brioche buns (frozen) but can't find them any longer. The burger buns at the bread section are okay, too.

Ya, you're reminding.... Villa may well have been the last source I used long ago for the last time I went to buy hamburger buns for home... 

I think I used their off-the-shelf version of one third-party supplier, which were OK, but not ideal... I don't think I ever tried their frozen brioche variety (though I wish I had!)

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Ya, you're reminding.... Villa may well have been the last source I used long ago for the last time I went to buy hamburger buns for home... 

I think I used their off-the-shelf version of one third-party supplier, which were OK, but not ideal... I don't think I ever tried their frozen brioche variety (though I wish I had!)

I consider the villa buns as emergency, like you said they are just slightly above average or that crap from Farmhouse

Western food shops online sell them, I use 

korat chef

Lawson’s F&B, both do 6 packs of burger buns for 50baht they will send anywhere in Thailand, both these shops have Facebook pages where you can order, I think Korat chef has an online shopping website as well…they both also sell very good burgers ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I see Holey's bakery in BKK has what they call an English style hamburger bap bun, whatever that is....  But it looks kind of dense and heavy, which is not what I had in mind. Though to be fair, I haven't tried it as yet.

Screenshot_2.jpg.fffcddc0bc69f3b14f3559074e42d97d.jpg

The picture does look like the burger buns we have back in the UK. If it is similar then they are quite light and airy inside and do a good job in soaking up the juices and sauces without going soggy. I think 45 baht per bun is a bit steep though. Suppose it depends on how many you are feeding.

• Thanks 1

I know only Pattaya and that would be the British Shop... 

But eventually they are buns... Foodland and Carrefour was always good enough for me.

The Sauce is what it makes:

Ketchup,

then add Mayonaise and a squirt French Mosterd until it has salmon color. 

Salt, Pepper and a shot of Dry Gin and you meet Ronald Mc Donalds... 

8 minutes ago, essex boys said:

Western food shops online sell them, I use 

korat chef

Thanks for the suggestion:

Screenshot_4.jpg.5f2331b169f24b33a578ffb759b4d94f.jpg

Soft and light Homemade burger buns, Ideal for burgers and sandwiches.
Suitable for Vegans/Vegetarians
No artificial flavoring, preservatives or coloring, no trans fats.
Lactose free

http://www.koratchef.com/product/burger-buns-ขนมปังเบอร์เกอร์/

22 minutes ago, essex boys said:

Lawson’s F&B,

I see Lawson's doing their own homemade bread rolls...but not exactly hamburger buns that I can find with them.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02NCEtnmQoFv8LPAF8RVfFTxSSTZXbPUHdcyuah9hRm1p73TDeDQbuMpfwSi7bR3Y9l&id=100087591307867

Screenshot_5.jpg.7d84b17609241cdf1b9b8a377faff184.jpg