Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

19 hours ago, placeholder said:

Previously you claimed that Trump's attorneys would have grounds for appeal on the basis that  only Trump was being prosecuted for the offense of willful possession. That falsehood has been conclusively disproved by examples cited. You've got nothing.

I don't think I ever said that. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

And this is the opinion of a conservative Hoover Institution senior staffer. And in his opinion, given his credentials, the operative point here is that:

And my "operative" point here is that I don't care a hoot for this "conservative Hoover Institution senior staffer" opinion. Not one bit for neither  "conservative" nor " Hoover" nor  "Institution"  nor "senior" nor his "credentials..."

I could post here the link to "slit-throat" De Santis opinion as well. But I refrain myself, just for the sake of other readers on this thread. (You're welcome.)

Edited by watthong
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, candide said:

As explained many time:

- Unlike Biden and Pence,Trump intentionally took the documents (his own words),

- Unlike Biden and Pence, Trump refused to give them back and committed an obstruction

Obstruction of what?

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

The only reason the Justice Dept was searching at all was that Biden's lawyers immediately notified the Justice Dept when they found documents in his University office. And they notified the jusitce dept again when they found documents at his home. And in both cases they invited the Justice Dept to do its own searches. Do I need to spell out how that compares to the way Trump and his attorneys accommodated the Justice Dept?

Another right winger who doesn't understand that it's only willful possession of the unapproved documents that's a crime.

Yeah, Biden had them illegally for years in any number of places.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Walker88 said:

As soon as they were discovered, both Pence and Biden allowed FBI teams to search all of their private spaces and remove anything classified they found. Neither man fought the search, neither man lied about it.

trump stole, trump lied.  HUGE diffeerence.,

As soon as they knew thew would get caught more like. 

And I doubt very much that "...both Pence and Biden allowed FBI teams to search all of their private spaces..." do you have anything that supports that? 

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So he had them illegally for 20 years, his lobbyist son had access to them and when he decided to prosecute Trump for having them legally and refusing to return them, he told his lawyers to give them back. 

Got it, thanks.

There were a handful of classified documents hidden among Biden's historical papers. When they were discovered, the government was immediately notified, and the documents returned.

If you believe that warrants prosecution, then how about Trump stealing 100s of documents, violating a subpoena, and hiding the documents? Don't you think that Trump should be prosecuted for that?

Thanks for playing.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, Biden had them illegally for years in any number of places.  

Once again, you fail to note that it's only illegal if one knowingly violated the rules. No evidence that Biden purposely kept the documents in violation of the rules. Whereas there's a huge amount of  evidence that Trump did just that. Including an audio of himself confessing as much!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

As soon as they knew thew would get caught more like. 

And I doubt very much that "...both Pence and Biden allowed FBI teams to search all of their private spaces..." do you have anything that supports that? 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_classified_documents_incident

"On January 20 the FBI conducted a 13-hour search of the entire premises of Biden's Wilmington home. The next day his personal attorney Bob Bauer revealed the search, saying that the agents had examined "personally handwritten notes, files, papers, binders, memorabilia, to-do lists, schedules, and reminders going back decades".[22] They identified and removed six documents containing classified markings from Biden's home office,[23] some from his time in the Senate and some from his vice presidency.[24] They also took possession of some of his notes. Biden and his wife were at their home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, at the time.[5][25] CNN reported the search was conducted with the consent of Biden's attorneys, so a subpoena or search warrant was not required."

You really don't remember any of this?

I guess that's why you are a Trump supporter, no memory.  So when Trump lies about some past event, you just nod your head, because you can't remember what really happened.

Meanwhile, your Dear Leader has been indicted 3 times, and you have no idea why.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, watthong said:

And my "operative" point here is that I don't care a hoot for this "conservative Hoover Institution senior staffer" opinion. Not one bit for neither  "conservative" nor " Hoover" nor  "Institution"  nor "senior" nor his "credentials..."

I could post here the link to "slit-throat" De Santis opinion as well. But I refrain myself, just for the sake of other readers on this thread. (You're welcome.)

The NY Times thought his opinion was worth publishing. Nobody says you have to agree with it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There were a handful of classified documents hidden among Biden's historical papers. When they were discovered, the government was immediately notified, and the documents returned.

If you believe that warrants prosecution, then how about Trump stealing 100s of documents, violating a subpoena, and hiding the documents? Don't you think that Trump should be prosecuted for that?

Thanks for playing.

So, he was only illegally in possession of a "handful" of classified documents, thanks.  How many can one have before it becomes a crime? 

When were they discovered? He sent a team of lawyers to get them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden_classified_documents_incident

"On January 20 the FBI conducted a 13-hour search of the entire premises of Biden's Wilmington home. The next day his personal attorney Bob Bauer revealed the search, saying that the agents had examined "personally handwritten notes, files, papers, binders, memorabilia, to-do lists, schedules, and reminders going back decades".[22] They identified and removed six documents containing classified markings from Biden's home office,[23] some from his time in the Senate and some from his vice presidency.[24] They also took possession of some of his notes. Biden and his wife were at their home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, at the time.[5][25] CNN reported the search was conducted with the consent of Biden's attorneys, so a subpoena or search warrant was not required."

You really don't remember any of this?

I guess that's why you are a Trump supporter, no memory.  So when Trump lies about some past event, you just nod your head, because you can't remember what really happened.

Meanwhile, your Dear Leader has been indicted 3 times, and you have no idea why.

Fact Check: False. This only supports the search of one home, not "all of his private spaces". 

Nice try though. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

he decided to prosecute Trump

Did Biden give the orders to prosecute Trump?

Surely not, only Dictators have tried to jail their opponents. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I don't, and don't really like the guy, but I stand up for the persecuted. I don't like anti Trump supremacists. 

I would vote for him, unless the Dems came up with a guy who might make it through the term. The current one wouldn’t, which is bizarre. 

Pencil neck, mcmuffin ????????

Persecuted? Like Ted Bundy was persecuted?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The reason for the indictment, nothing else. Shown by there desparation to proceed so quickly. 

The DoJ, the government, are so corrupt it's pathetic. 

What is 'there desparation'? Other trumpers are moaning that 'why did it take 2 1/2 years'?

Investigations take time. Uncover one thing, it leads to another. SC Smith took time because the case is so unprecedented, and he wasn't even appointed until Nov 22.

Now if the "DoJ, the government, are so corrupt it's pathetic", that sounds like you must have dozens of examples. Perhaps you'll post some.

Personally, while I cannot prove it, I think it appears to be more than a coincidence that BOTH former FBI Dir James Comey and former Acting FBI Dir Andrew McCabe were both audited by the IRS the same year, while trump was still POTUS.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You got me, I am full of jealousy and resentment because some toe-rag leftist on a chat-board tells me they were a CIA operative and now they're a billionaire philanthropist. 

Maybe it's because you were a lorry driver?

• Haha 1