Pheu Thai breaking with Move Forward to form its own coalition

snoop1130

I am not surprised. The divide between Pheu Thai and Move Forward has been evident for some time now, particularly regarding the issue of 112. It is unfortunate that they couldn't find common ground during their meeting, leading PT's decision to form a separate coalition government and abandon the MoU they signed only a few weeks ago. I only hope the welfare of the Thai people remains a priority. It will be interesting to see how Srettha Thavisin's nomination as the prime minister unfolds and what this means for Thailand's future, in particular as PT announced to hold another referendum about a new constitution. Another intervention by you-know-who is just around the corner. 

Edited by MikeUdon

4 minutes ago, MikeUdon said:

I am not surprised. The divide between Pheu Thai and Move Forward has been evident for some time now, particularly regarding the issue of 112. It is unfortunate that they couldn't find common ground during their meeting, leading PT's decision to form a separate coalition government and abandon the MoU they signed only a few weeks ago. I only hope the welfare of the Thai people remains a priority. It will be interesting to see how Srettha Thavisin's nomination as the prime minister unfolds and what this means for Thailand's future, in particular as PT announced to hold another referendum about a new constitution. Another intervention by you-know-who is just around the corner. 

PT lost about 70 MP positions to the MFP during this last election, I was expecting Pheu Thai to get 210 or so (they only got 141), giving MFP 151. After this betrayal/backstabbing, in the next election, I am betting MFP takes another 70 MP positions from Pheu Thai.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

This time they barely made it in the elections (they lost), and are now trying to backstab the leaders they signed a MOU with, hopefully the people banish them going forward.

I don't call gaining the second most parlimentary seats and taking the lead in forming the government as "they lost". The original MFP+PTP coalition supported Pita all the way until the impasse was deemed impossible to breach. The senates stood in the way and they backstab the people and caused the hand of the coalition parties to break off amicably. Your facts are distorted. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

I don't call gaining the second most parlimentary seats and taking the lead in forming the government as "they lost". The original MFP+PTP coalition supported Pita all the way until the impasse was deemed impossible to breach. The senates stood in the way and they backstab the people and caused the hand of the coalition parties to break off amicably. Your facts are distorted. 

.......and your opinion is delusional.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Pheu Thai was expected to win by a landslide, "they lost".

• Like 1

Just now, lordgrinz said:

Pheu Thai was expected to win by a landslide, "they lost".

Was expected by who?

A forum poster who had a fictitious number of 210 seats in his head?

Please don't call other posters that don't agree with your opinion delusional, because it says much about you

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BenStark said:

Was expected by who?

A forum poster who had a fictitious number of 210 seats in his head?

Please don't call other posters that don't agree with your opinion delusional, because it says much about you

......Ben, stay out of it!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

PT lost about 70 MP positions to the MFP during this last election, I was expecting Pheu Thai to get 210 or so (they only got 141), giving MFP 151. After this betrayal/backstabbing, in the next election, I am betting MFP takes another 70 MP positions from Pheu Thai.

Agreed. MFP will gain more support in the next elections due to their consistentcy on their political agenda. Voters appreciate parties that stay true to their principles and deliver on their promises. The young generation has had enough of the uncles and dinosaurs who are totally out of touch on what is going on in the country.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Thaksin is a wily politician 

there’s more in store 

Simply kicking MFP out will be political suicide for PT 

I give Mr T more credit than that

He’s also going to dish out revenge to the generals. Just you wait and see

I don’t think so. Thaksin desperately wants to be a part of the so-called elite, himself.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I posted this on another thread before this one popped up and I have slightly edited it.

PTP have dumped MFP and will form a coalition and I would expect government. They also said (reported elsewhere and cannot be sourced i.e. BP) they would reform and ammend the constitution and this seems to be in relation to the appointed senators and call a new general election. Interesting politics indeed. Let's see what happens. PTP must show their support base they have not betrayed them. MFP will be opposion but if PTP and MFP vote as a block in the house of reps along with the other coalition partners they will have the numbers to change the constitution and bring about a new election. All PTP parlimentarians would have to cross the floor to vote with the opposition MFP.  Talk about political machernations. It's insane and all because of 250 appointed generals by the coup leadership to entrench their power and override any democratic election result that threatens it.

The more I think about this the more intersting it becomes. PTP could actually be like 5th columnists in plain sight and cross the floor and vote against the government i.e. itself and it's military/conservative/royalist coalition or abstain on basically every vote. Is this actually possible?

ok..yes it is possible but very unlikely as i cant see them voting as a block..the time given until that can happen is too long and individuals from PTP will be swayed in that time to vote for their own "interest" 

so theoretically "yes" but "practically" no..at least thats how i see it

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Pheu Thai party announced this afternoon (Wednesday) that it is breaking from the Move Forward party to form its own coalition government and nominate Srettha Thavisin for selection as the prime minister of Thailand.

Good choice, Pheu Thai Party. Does 'taken to task' mean he will also be banned from becoming PM?

Screenshot 2023-08-03 101538.png

Edited by Bangkok Barry

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Move Forward seems to be the only party with principles who honor what they promised their voters. I hope the voters won't forget that. 

It doesn't matter, does it. It doesn't matter what the people think or how they vote. Not the tiniest bit.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Urgent! This morning’s story reports “Thaksin” postponed back to Thailand It was after the government was completed.

This morning’s story reports “Thaksin Shinawatra” postponed his flight back to Thailand from August 10 to after the government was completed.

From the case of Phae Thongtarn Shinawatra or Ung Ing, a candidate for the Prime Minister of the Pheu Thai Party, it was revealed that Thaksin Shinawatra, the former Prime Minister and as a father Will travel back to Thailand on August 10 at Don Mueang Airport.

Most recently, today (August 3), Channel 3’s morning story program reported that news sources indicated that Thaksin Shinawatra had postponed his flight back to Thailand. which from the original date of August 10, 2023 was after the establishment of the government was completed

https://thailand.postsen.com/live-style/167500/urgent-This-morning’s-story-reports-Thaksin-postponed-back-to-Thailand-It-was-after-the-government-was-completed.html

Edited by anchadian

Thai Enquirer

@ThaiEnquirer

#ThaiEnquirer News Summary – August 3, 2023 -

Reports emerge that self-exiled former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has delayed his return to Thailand awaiting formation of the government. -

Reports also suggest that the planned voting tomorrow for the Prime Minister is unlikely to yield any result and that Pheu Thai party’s PM Candidate Srettha Thavasin is unlikely to be present at the parliament. - Pheu Thai party ditches Move Forward party from the 8-party coalition and is set to announce a new coalition today @ 15:00 hrs.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1686942352651472896

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:
24 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It doesn't matter, does it. It doesn't matter what the people think or how they vote. Not the tiniest bit.

Obviously it does matter. But it takes time for real changes. 

I'll rephrase it then. What the people think or how they vote is irrelevant. They get the government that is chosen for them. It's been going on for around 80 years so far, so how much longer will it take? The shining light, a new young leader with progressive ideas, has been brushed aside as if swatting a wasp away.

• Like 2