I recently forgot to do my 90 day check-in report

I doubt that they will even check. If some IO decides to check your computer record, unlikely, but possible, you may get a warning, but I even doubt that. Different situation if you were staying,, in which case you would get a fine. It's more common than you think, the odd forgetfulness, so long as it doesn't become a habit.  

8 minutes ago, NextG said:

You have seven days after the due date in which to do it without penalty. But if you are leaving anyway…

I was recently 11 days late reporting, I tried to do the online reporting (more then a week early) but it was still pending even after the due date.

I finally could go to immigration and they waived the fine, but said next time I will have to pay if reporting late again. 

However YMMV

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Last I knew it was 500 b a day for overstay max of 20,000 b.

Go to jail if you cannot pay.

I would take care of it before you go to the airport.

Max fine for 90 day late reporting is:

2000 THB if you go yourself to immigration 

4000 THB if you get stopped by immigration and they notice it. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robin said:

Jut what is the point of the 90 day reporting?  Other than to make sur Farangs do not feel too welcome in Thailand.

It allows immigration to have more updated contact information for you than the old arrival cards:  in case they or your embassy needs to do so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

I was recently 11 days late reporting, I tried to do the online reporting (more then a week early) but it was still pending even after the due date.

I finally could go to immigration and they waived the fine, but said next time I will have to pay if reporting late again. 

However YMMV

I did the same thing. I had applied online before my due date, but when I didn't hear from them by the time of my due date, I went in to the Immigration Bureau as soon as I could, which was yesterday, after a six day holiday. Unfortunately they didn't waive my fine. It's all about the money, because there is no rational point to the exercise.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, BangkokHank said:

Two weeks before the due date and one week after, right? In that case it's not a 90-day report. It's a 75-day report if I report my address two weeks before the due date every time.

I understand that but now that can be done online not that much of an issue for most.  And I have only been able to take advantage of online last several years as entry date was too old previously.  Foreigners should be reported by owners of housing so if that were 100% there should be no need for these 90 day extra reports (other than the original law).  But as we know many owners of apartments/rooms and such fail to report - so we get the stick with this extra check.

29 minutes ago, BangkokHank said:

I just did mine yesterday - eight days after the due date - due to the bloody six day holiday. I got the queue number 495 when I arrived just after the lunch break, and I had to pay the 2,000 baht fine anyway - in addition to getting a big red stamp in my passport branding me as a criminal who missed his (totally pointless - except as a way of generating revenue for the Immigration Bureau) 90-day report.

Annoying ????

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BangkokHank said:

Two weeks before the due date and one week after, right? In that case it's not a 90-day report. It's a 75-day report if I report my address two weeks before the due date every time.

That would make it one 75-day report followed by a series of consecutive 90 day reports if you do it two weeks early every time.

That's providing the next due date doesn't change when you report early, which I am relatively sure is the case.

(Edit.... I was apparently wrong about this. Sorry!)

Edited by JayClay

7 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

If you are registered to do your 90 day online, Immigration send a reminder on e mail. it couldn't be easier. I have no idea why people still go to immigration to do that report.  The new online system seems to be very good and reliable. 

It may be good if and when it works. which it does not do for all!

10 minutes ago, JayClay said:

That's providing the next due date doesn't change when you report early, which I am relatively sure is the case.

The next due date shifts if you do the report early or later

for example if your report is due today and you go today, next report is November 1st.

But if you went yesterday (due date again today) your next report date would be October 31st.

so if you go tomorrow (hypothetically as tmrw is a Saturday) the next report due date will be November 2nd. 

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1