I recently forgot to do my 90 day check-in report

27 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

I have no idea why people still go to immigration to do that report.  The new online system seems to be very good and reliable. 

Because it doesn’t work for everyone. I reported last time online more then 1 week before the 90 report was due, and it was still pending on and after the due date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangkokHank said:

I had to pay the 2,000 baht fine anyway - in addition to getting a big red stamp in my passport branding me as a criminal who missed his (totally pointless - except as a way of generating revenue for the Immigration Bureau) 90-day report.

They don't stamp your passport for a late 90day, it is only a record to confirm your residence,  plus it certainly isn't 2000 for one past the seven days after, and if there is a public holiday in there too, you have every right to complain to the manager. or for some reason they took a big dislike to you?

in phuket its 1,000 baht fine no receipt, if u want a receipt its 2,000
on departure nobody checks or cares BUT next time you are required to do a 90 day report they will notice and most likely will fine you

dam computers ????

Edited by zzzzz

90-Day reports are actually a “make-work” project for the artificially inflated workforce at Immigration. They don’t want them sitting idle, so they require these reports to keep them busy.

Sometimes, things are less about racism than we imagine.

36 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

They don't stamp your passport for a late 90day, it is only a record to confirm your residence,  plus it certainly isn't 2000 for one past the seven days after, and if there is a public holiday in there too, you have every right to complain to the manager. or for some reason they took a big dislike to you?

I didn't think they stamped a passport for being a day or two late for the 90-day reporting either, but here it is. What I can read from this is the "90 days" and the 2,000 baht (that I paid). Can somebody translate the rest of it?

They didn't take a dislike to me. They were very friendly and polite with me, as I was with them. As this was my first time to be late with my 90-day reporting in my 22 years here, I just assumed it was normal for them so stamp the passport for this. Has anybody else experienced this before?

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 15.32.00.jpeg

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

" gets nothing but 5 stars from the people that use it. SUCCESFULLY"

As I said above anything is great if it works for you and is cr@p when it does not.  It is a hit and miss system for many people!

Whatever. Whenever I ask people who can't get it to work, its usually something they are doing wrong rather than the system.  Of course, I don't really care how it works for others, it works for me and that's all that matters to me . 

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

If you are registered to do your 90 day online, Immigration send a reminder on e mail. it couldn't be easier. I have no idea why people still go to immigration to do that report.  The new online system seems to be very good and reliable. 

Not for me it wasn`t.....did my first OK no email reminder for next renewal sent....tried for the second report and it said status pending......this was late last year and it never came through....10 minutes on my bike to do it in person at Jomtien.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

For the pre Covid version I would agree, but the new version gets nothing but 5 stars from the people that use it. 

Zero Stars from me. It never works. Pending forever, past the due date.

Are there negative stars?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

I didn't think they stamped a passport for being a day or two late for the 90-day reporting either, but here it is. What I can read from this is the "90 days" and the 2,000 baht (that I paid). Can somebody translate the rest of it?

They didn't take a dislike to me. They were very friendly and polite with me, as I was with them. As this was my first time to be late with my 90-day reporting in my 22 years here, I just assumed it was normal for them so stamp the passport for this. Has anybody else experienced this before?

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-04 at 15.32.00.jpeg

That stamp basically states that your 90 day report was late and you were fined 2k baht..

6 hours ago, MJCM said:

I was recently 11 days late reporting, I tried to do the online reporting (more then a week early) but it was still pending even after the due date.

I finally could go to immigration and they waived the fine, but said next time I will have to pay if reporting late again. 

However YMMV

I am 17 days late due to going into hospital after a blackout, and I won't be able to get there for another 3 weeks.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am 17 days late due to going into hospital after a blackout, and I won't be able to get there for another 3 weeks.

Can’t your wife/gf do it. My wife normally does it for me but this time I was undergoing medical procedures in BKK and we could not go home (was there 2 months ????)

edit: at one point in time I was even thinking of sending my passport to the BIL so he could do it for me but decided against that. 

edit 2: maybe the doc can write you a note that you are unable to travel?

(yes i did the online report on time, but it was still saying pending on and after the due date)

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

I just did mine yesterday - eight days after the due date - due to the bloody six day holiday. I got the queue number 495 when I arrived just after the lunch break, and I had to pay the 2,000 baht fine anyway - in addition to getting a big red stamp in my passport branding me as a criminal who missed his (totally pointless - except as a way of generating revenue for the Immigration Bureau) 90-day report.

Yo could have done it up to 7 days before.

5 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Exactly. I did my report yesterday. So if I move tomorrow, they won't know where I am until I report my address again in another 90 days. A sensible rule would be: "If you move to a new address, you must report the new address to us within seven days. Until then, we will assume that you are still at the last address that you reported to us."

But since they don't do that, I think it is safe to assume that the whole point of the exercise is to generate some easy revenue. The fine for being late with this report is more than the cost of the visa renewal for an entire year. It's totally out of proportion to the "crime".

AFAIR the fine is only 2,000 thb, just over the 1,900 baht for the extension.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Can’t your wife/gf do it. My wife normally does it for me but this time I was undergoing medical procedures in BKK and we could not go home (was there 2 months ????)

edit: at one point in time I was even thinking of sending my passport to the BIL so he could do it for me but decided against that. 

edit 2: maybe the doc can write you a note that you are unable to travel?

(yes i did the online report on time, but it was still saying pending on and after the due date)

Unfortunately if my wife goes then I am limited to downstairs in the house as I have a problem with breathing and walking.

If I fall over my wife is not strong enough to pick me up, though she can phone for help. Our 19 year old son is no use either as he is studying  at Chiang Rai Uni 500 km away.

Last month was my second blackout and by the time the ambulance arrived I was coming around. They took me to the local hospital where I was examined and sent straight to the provincial hospital and spent 2 nights there.

As for the first one in February it is a blank spot as I have no idea how long I was blacked out. The postman found me but my wife was in the village and he told my neighbour who called the ambulance

I remember sitting outside the kitchen and waking up in the hospital. I had no idea what had happened, where I was other than the hospital, what the time or day was or how I got there.

The IO at Kamphaeng Phet is 70 km away and a 2 and a bit hour return trip.

trip.

TBH, at 79, I am scared sh*tless of another blackout without my wife being around.

I should be back to some semblance of normality in a couple of weeks and I will do my 90 day report in person then, grimly clutching my hospital report in my hand.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately if my wife goes then I am limited to downstairs in the house as I have a problem with breathing and walking.

If I fall over my wife is not strong enough to pick me up, though she can phone for help. Our 19 year old son is no use either as he is studying  at Chiang Rai Uni 500 km away.

Last month was my second blackout and by the time the ambulance arrived I was coming around. They took me to the local hospital where I was examined and sent straight to the provincial hospital and spent 2 nights there.

As for the first one in February it is a blank spot as I have no idea how long I was blacked out. The postman found me but my wife was in the village and he told my neighbour who called the ambulance

I remember sitting outside the kitchen and waking up in the hospital. I had no idea what had happened, where I was other than the hospital, what the time or day was or how I got there.

The IO at Kamphaeng Phet is 70 km away and a 2 and a bit hour return trip.

trip.

TBH, at 79, I am scared sh*tless of another blackout without my wife being around.

I should be back to some semblance of normality in a couple of weeks and I will do my 90 day report in person then, grimly clutching my hospital report in my hand.

Sorry to hear that.

please do take care of yourself 

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

Many folk post this 

The due date counts 

So it's actually apply 14 days prior to due date and 6 days after due date. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, CrossBones said:

Hi

I recently forgot to do my 90 day check-in report

Can you tell me if this is issue when I leave the country?

I dont want a mark against me in the system

Thanks

In this day and age, how do you actually forget anything? Whichever device you've just posted this on has a calendar.... try setting a reminder! Ir's not rocket science!

Google Calendar, Samsung Calendar... I'm sure Apple will have an equivalent.... Really?! ????????????

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Many folk post this 

The due date counts 

So it's actually apply 14 days prior to due date and 6 days after due date. 

My post is directly from the Immigration website;  Stop trying to be a smart  @rse and confuse the issue!

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days – สำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมือง – Immigration Bureau

The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

Edited by scottiejohn

18 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I set alarms on my phone and my PC to be sure that I don’t miss my report date.

I use my memory. They've given me a date to report this month - and it's a Saturday when they're closed :ermm: I know I can go a day early, but I wonder why they are unable to understand a calendar.