Scrubbing green growth off concrete path.

JeffersLos

We don't have a jet washer, but may buy one.

This wet season has seen the concrete path going around our house grow green.

Is there a good chemical solution to scrub it off with? 

Add it to a basin of boiling water and scrub it off with a hard bristle brush, then rinse it off with a hose?

TIA.  

2 hours ago, Madgee said:

Tip from a landscape gardener I knew when I was in the UK:

Sprinkle biological washing powder over the affected area (don't water it in)

Let it do its magic for a couple of days (longer the better)

Hose or lightly pressure wash off.

Tried and successfully tested on my paved driveway! 

What if it rains? Wait for dry period ? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I have use bleach in the past, wait a while then hosed off, Now I use a pressure washer.

You beat me to it chlorine, same as bleach, in Thai known as Nam Chlorine, may have to brush it if it a bit thick.

I have a small zone on one side of my house that doesn't get much sun and mold is always a yearly problem.  Now I spray with either bleach or vinegar then after a day or so power wash it.

Laying ceramic tile with a sealer on that area is on my to-do-list.

Edit, is it ok to lay ceramic tile on cement that has some mold?

Edited by bbko

19 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I have use bleach in the past, wait a while then hosed off, Now I use a pressure washer.

I recently bought a Karcher pressure washer, and realise it is simply a 'Dirt Mover' and NOT a cleaner of any sort. Wash the car on the drive, then spray all the dirt to SOMEWHERE else. 

Same applies to a Hoover Steam Cleaner I bought to clean the cooker/kitchen. It merely melts and then moves the grease and then you must clean that up some other way.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kickstart said:

You beat me to it chlorine, same as bleach, in Thai known as Nam Chlorine, may have to brush it if it a bit thick.

Or if you are intelligent you can go to a shop and ask for "Haiter". Which is about 6% Hypochlorite

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I recently bought a Karcher pressure washer, and realise it is simply a 'Dirt Mover' and NOT a cleaner of any sort. Wash the car on the drive, then spray all the dirt to SOMEWHERE else. 

Same applies to a Hoover Steam Cleaner I bought to clean the cooker/kitchen. It merely melts and then moves the grease and then you must clean that up some other way.

Whoever is CONFUSED about this, please PM me and I can explain.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Or if you are intelligent you can go to a shop and ask for "Haiter". Which is about 6% Hypochlorite

I use this it is neat chlorin/bleach; it would do the job, use it for cleaning the concrete water troughs for our cattle (when the troughs are empty).

I thought about Haiter ,would it work, meaning would it be strong enough, it was used in the days of hand washing it was used help to remove stains,

but now most people use a washing machine not used very often, wife said still available. 

RIMG0043.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Well my walls that were moss stained are no longer moss stained, my car that was dirty and dusty is no longer dirty and dusty, my roof that was grey is now white again, so those are certainly cleaner than they were

7 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Well my walls that were moss stained are no longer moss stained, my car that was dirty and dusty is no longer dirty and dusty, my roof that was grey is now white again, so those are certainly cleaner than they were

But where did all the moss and dirt go to?

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So you clean the car on the driveway, then must shift it to the garden.

No need to do anything but rinse off the concrete handstand.

1 hour ago, transam said:

I bought a 150 bar pressure washer, delivered to the door for 1,395bht from Lazada last October....???? .....Works great.

I agree on that, though we now have one that is about double the pressure, and are happy to sell,  the one we got like yours, on.

17 hours ago, kickstart said:

I use this it is neat chlorin/bleach

No it isn’t, it is a 10% solution (as far as I can see). It is a far stronger solution than household bleach, but it isn’t 100% as that would be extremely dangerous.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

3 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

No need to do anything but rinse off the concrete handstand.

Please, what is a concrete handstand?

Rinse off the driveway simply means moving the dirt to somewhere else. OK, onto the garden.

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Please, what is a concrete handstand?

It is the only area of concrete required for car parking, and the only area that needs rinsing, which incidentally it needs to clear the dust that accumulates so nothing extra needed, all the other areas (about 90%) don’t need anything, the roofs just wash off into the gutters or directly into the pool.

before

IMG_5299.thumb.jpeg.7151f06600d07db1b60e3c30832bf110.jpeg

duringIMG_5303.thumb.jpeg.6613ee79b7a72e010da55d1a83300d7c.jpeg

• Confused 1