Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

13 hours ago, bignok said:

Lucky you not in Jail. 

As I said they started it after I just pulled them up on their disrespectful behaviour.

Back then I was not one not to say something, now I would up and walk away now.

It was a nice break during Covid not getting some the odd idiot coming to our village. 

Police not interested falangie on falangie with Thai friend witnesses.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I would have just paid a Thai (or 10) to deal with you.

Guess you're lucky in your choice of victims.

Those days are passed I doubt you would just let someone take a swing at you without defending yourself I don't understand some people's reactions here.

After years Thais in my village are my friends, police too.

And you don't seem to be the kind of of guy who would be disrespectful anyway.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Those days are passed I doubt you would just let someone take a swing at you without defending yourself I don't understand some people's reactions here.

After years Thais in my village are my friends, police too.

And you don't seem to be the kind of of guy who would be disrespectful anyway.

The big I am eh?

sat with your country Thai buddies who secretly hate you and only tolerate you cos it's your round!

dont tell me you ring the bar bell as well!! no wonder they love you ???? 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 8/5/2023 at 10:10 AM, KhunLA said:

You can't fix stupid.   

Good for him, but I almost feel sorry for folks that were regular readers of his trash.  Trink was interesting & informative at times, but stickman ... Holy Buddha, what trash.  

I haven't read much of Stickman besides what he mentioned about women here and what to expect, which as I've seen and heard years before I moved here, is right on.

On 8/5/2023 at 11:16 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

The question is obviously: Why does she do that?

Are you the best she could get, and she doesn't want to lose you?

In that case I better don't want to imagine what kind of wife you have.

From what little we read here, if that's indeed true, Bob found a real woman who pays her own way, which means she looks at him as a partner and not an ATM, like much else that men find here. If he treats her with love and respect, which is what almost all women want, it's no wonder she wants to stay.                                                                                                                                       A main rule of relationships is, when you find a good man, one who doesn't cheat, abuse or neglect you, you stay, unless you're very damaged goods or unstable. Good men, and women, are the hardest find a person has, especially if he (she) is a good person also. Good belongs with good. Users, cheaters abusers and greedy belong with the same, so they can drive each other crazy and a good person isn't hurt.                                                                                                                                                   Most women in the world will never know real love. They might have financial stability, with all that brings, but not have love, trust, honesty, romance and familial stability. A bar girl might stay where an independent moral woman might leave, no guarantees. With a bar girl you know what you're getting in a few ways. She will never look at you as special, because sleeping with many men for money and the unstable life that brings, especially emotionally, will never allow her to open her heart to you and trust that you will stay. Unlike some here believe, all relationships aren't transactional, but with a bar girl, that's always the case. With a true partner, a man is looked at as the provider and not an ATM, a protector, lover and father to any children they have, the leader in the house, and someone she can rely on in any event. A bar girl, with her mentality hurt by childhood experiences, has lost faith and trust in men, and just looks at them as a means to an end, to give her money to survive another day. When they marry a man, they're still looking at the same things, hoping they will last but never believing it will. All woman fear losing a man, especially if he's a good one. Difference is, when a woman lives a bar girl life, for a long time, and not one who has made a mistake and does it for a short period, when she loses a man, all she has to do is go back to the bar and find another one that's willing to pay her way, at least for awhile. I know there are some here that will disagree, thinking they're woman is different, and that all women are the same, but that's plain BS and they themselves know it. Some can't get a normal woman, and resort to buying them, thinking that if it fails, all they have to do is, like the bar girls, return to the bar to find another. Some are happy with this arrangement, as there's no commitment, unlike a real marriage has. It's just a transaction, and the man always wins, because , true, all woman cost money, and a bar girl will not give you any headaches, and if she does, you're gone. In a marriage, if you want it to last, you both have to do the work, and it is work, but if both want it, and do what they need to do, a marriage is the most comforting thing you can have. When one or both can't communicate where both win , a marriage can be a disaster, as most of us have learned. You can grow old together, and be happy, or grow old together and be miserable. I'm hoping myself for a real partner that's willing to do the work. Ex's didn't. Girlfriend now for over 2 years came from a hurtful background, where she was never treated with respect, and that continued with her marriage. So far, it's going well, because she's learning there is another side to men besides cheating, lying, abuse and neglect. And she's not greedy like most here, but helps me when I need it, and does her share.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My Thai daughter has an education, spent 3 years extra in high school, 4 years getting her degree, speaks perfect English an makes 20k/month + free condo.

Hardly worth her time or my money.

She wouldn't look twice at a western foreigner.

That seems odd, assuming you treat her mom well, and provide, unless she looks at you as one who pays for her mom because she's a former bar girl, and she knows what kind of men do that, and doesn't want to end up with someone that also looks at her as a transaction, but as a partner. She's educated now, and independent, and hopefully she will choose wisely.  If the only knowledge she has of westerners is the lies told here, comments from friends who have been with tourists and been used for sex and them dumped, and a dad who found her mom in a bar, a place where tourists go to have sex with women, and who looks at women as transactions, then she might have trouble finding the right man, especially here with the local men's reputation. Also, if you love and treat your Thai daughter well, she should be looking at you as a role model, at least as far as you treat her, and think that since you are a farang, she would think she could find a farang that will treat her well, especially again, hearing the rumors how the local men treat their girlfriends.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

From what little we read here, if that's indeed true, Bob found a real woman who pays her own way, which means she looks at him as a partner and not an ATM, like much else that men find here. If he treats her with love and respect, which is what almost all women want, it's no wonder she wants to stay.   

I gave up after reading maybe 1/3 of your post.

You, like many others, try to simplify things to black and white. Good and bad. Women who want money and women who don't care about men's money. And it seems you think people never change.

All wrong!

There is seldom black and white. People change. And we are all mostly not rational. There is no: if you have type A this will happen and with type B that will happen.

Lots of things happen. Some are predictable, some not. And people change all the time, sometimes in ways nobody foresaw. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 8:29 AM, bob smith said:

I just dont get it.

There are OTHER girls in Thailand that are fit for marriage that happen to not work in a bar.

Why do you HAVE to be married?

Oh right I forgot you're a baby boomer with some idealized, romanticized view of marriage -- while also basically being part of the generation that normalized and destigmatized Divorce, especially No-fault divorce. 

How can boomers be such champions of "getting married" while also being the first generation to basically invent the concept of Divorce ????

Take marriage vows and then discard them at the first sign of not getting enough fellatio at home.???? this is why nobody likes boomers except other boomers. Btw my parents weren't separated until I was in my 30s, I'm not bitter about divorce, I just think you guys are delusional 

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah, but Bob has posted many times about not being happy with her.

And he also boasts about cheating on her with hookers.

That's why I said, if that's indeed true. If he's just another troller, then what I've said doesn't belong.

On 8/5/2023 at 12:31 PM, Keep Right said:

It seems that Bob Smith touched a nerve with some of the posters on this site.

seems to me is the new format of this failing site...simply post content to divide and bicker...which posters were you referring to specifically..or you just part of the new format?

thai visa> currently...

• Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, BritManToo said:

2 weeks in my case.

I was thinking I needed a new VISA, regular sex and a womb to gestate my baby in.

No mention of love, it was a purely expedient decision. And it's worked out far better than any previous choices I made for love.

Why would you want to have a baby that looks nothing like you?

They just look like standard asian kids - black hair and dark eyes..

Not only that, they will get a thai-family upbringing and seem even more alien and foreign. I wouldn't ever waste my genes having a baby with a dirt-poor, dark issan girl lol.

Farrangs wheeling around their little mystery meat babies with their "girlfriends" who have a persistent frown on their face will never NOT be funny. 

Personally, I'm not going to fulfill the lifelong dream of self-hating asian women who wish they were white, and to "hab blue eye baby". 

I want my kids to actually look like me ???? no thanks 

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Sad 4
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/5/2023 at 9:03 AM, Felton Jarvis said:

I have no intention of throwing my life away by marrying a bar girl. Ladies with regular jobs are enough of a challenge. I have found them just as duplicitous as those in the bar. All of the women I dated had straight jobs. All were very dedicated to getting their hands on my money. Only one never asked me for anything. She ran off with a Thai man. My current live-in lady asks very little and is happy to have a roof over her head.

At least the bar girls are honest.

Well, slightly more honest than their "regular job" counterparts.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Why would you want to have a baby that looks nothing like you?

They just look asian kids, lol. Not only that, they will get a thai-family upbringing and seem even more alien and foreign. I wouldn't ever waste my genes having a baby with a dirt-poor, dark issan girl lol.

Farrangs wheeling around their little mystery meat babies with their "girlfriends" who have a persistent frown on their face will never NOT be funny. 

Personally, I'm not going to fulfill the lifelong dream of self-hating asian women who wish they were white, and to "hab blue eye baby". 

I want my kids to actually look like me ???? no thanks 

that baby hansum too much!

Just now, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Yup, you ever wonder why those blue contact lenses are so popular in Asia? 

Having a farrang baby is like, a life-goal for them.

is why i offer up my baby producing services...20 bt a pop   ????

HansumBaby.com

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/5/2023 at 8:15 AM, bob smith said:

why on earth would a western bloke marry a bar girl?

I just do not get it.

I honestly have no idea, maybe out of desperation I suppose. I’m sure there’s good “bar girls” and there are definitely a lot bad/ greedy or whatever non-bar girls(everywhere on the planet). Good grief there’s a lot of desperate men that come here hooking up with desperate women that end up in a stagnant unhappy relationship due financial pressure, unease with the Thai family, and or language barriers. Limited friendships due to language barriers and having too much empty time doing nothing probably would lead to some mental health issues I’d suppose.

Edited by novacova
  • Sad 1