Pattaya Traffic Police Crack Down on Arab Groups

webfact

6 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Force feed them Sausage Sandwiches of the pork variety.

No that won't work, if you had been to their countries, you will find that they eat meat such as pork flavoured chicken bacon/ham and other pork flavoured goodies, just not made of pork.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Are they so tone deaf they don’t see anything racist in their “targeting”?

the offense requires policing, the nationality of the offender is irrelevant.

Well, nationality becomes relevant especially to identify the culprits, when shopkeepers and bystanders are all saying that these are ' Arab youths on rental motorbikes '

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Shop mak said:

A group of them on third road last night 11 pm. Very young, maybe 18-20. To call them men, is a far stretch.

Revving their PCX small motorcycles, on red light, shouting  and laughing.

Police, nowhere to be seen, as usual.

A PCX is quite big. but any way they are 18+ acting like babies. perhaps they would grow up after a few nights in jail with a 10,000 Baht fine and bike confiscated., but as we know, the police are not going to do that unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

maybe the police could come to my Soi and nab the 12 year old Thai kids racing their noisy, crap, illegal small motorbikes with motogp exhausts up and down the road every bloody night.

yes, i do go out there and stop them, and its ok for a few days, but they soon get back on it.

yes, i have thought about beating the crap out of their bikes with a baseball bat.........but they have daddies who are high on meths or whatever it is they take, and tend to have guns...............

Yeah well,

Then maybe smashing the bike up of a kid with a gun toting meth addicted father isn't such a great idea?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JohnHans said:

A PCX is quite big. but any way they are 18+ acting like babies. perhaps they would grow up after a few nights in jail with a 10,000 Baht fine and bike confiscated., but as we know, the police are not going to do that unfortunately.

I think the Police would be up for the ' fine ' bit of the equation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah well,

Then maybe smashing the bike up of a kid with a gun toting meth addicted father isn't such a great idea?

Have you thought about getting together with the neighbors and get some big speed trap bumps installed every 30 meters down the soi?

50 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Force feed them Sausage Sandwiches of the pork variety.

Many of the Muslims I worked with (Arab/Iranian/Indonesian) loved bacon butties and alcohol, saying when they married they would settle and be pious

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

Forget the religion bit, it is a known fact that the males of arab counties, are given freedom to express themselves and do anything the family finances will allow, such as have pently of female/ drinking fun while studying or holidaying abroad, but, remember not to S..t on your own doorstep or bring any non-arab items or behaviour back.For them at present it is their summer break, same as the USA So, treat them as unruley young men as with any other country. Charge and fine them for breaking the law of the land, if they showed respect, they would not come under the gazes of the police. Note, how few if any Arab females are with them, plus most working Thai gals will be steering well clear from them, They act nearly as bad as the Indians, they will not pay, but, will want to play, only the foolish gals will think theres a chance, because they are younger, but, they need to be informed.

So, the answer is to be pro active! Fine any hooker that is found in the company of any Middle Eastern "gentleman", and the market forces will soon illustrate to these "gentlemen" (OK - "Arabs") that there will be no honey for them here!

2 hours ago, stoner said:

bang on. imagine if this happened in a western country and they said they were going to crack down on asians or blacks etc. the outrage and frothing would be huge. 

albeit from a very small and very vocal minority and  even most of them wouldn't be too upset about arabs getting a rough deal, few like them anywhere

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

There is nothing racist about it at all Only a fully paid up member of the woke club would think that there was.

They are simply targeting people causing a nuisance on motorbikes who coincidentally happen to be Arabs.

The headline was designed to cause a reaction from the woke and promote the usual exchange of views between them and normal people

You mean young Thais don't race noisy bikes around? And biker gangs that are all getting rounded up and kicked out currently? And good riddance!

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

albeit from a very small and very vocal minority and  even most of them wouldn't be too upset about arabs getting a rough deal, few like them anywhere

Well, it's an anonymous forum so nobody knows where any of us comes from. You might be Russian for all I know. I might be, also. Or Kuwaiti! Just imagine that!

I meet Russians, Omanis, Kuwaitis, Syrians and Iranians, plus untold Europeans, Finns, Norwegians, Japanese and Koreans in the spa I frequent. It's a privilege for me. The ones I avoid are the Yanks. Just a big P.I.T.A. It's all Biden's fault, woke this, woke that, the US is screwed, the Democrats saw to that etc etc blah blah blah. Oh god get me out of here....

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bradiston said:

You mean young Thais don't race noisy bikes around? And biker gangs that are all getting rounded up and kicked out currently? And good riddance!

I did not say young thais do not create a nuisance that is not the subject of this thread, however our local police station has a huge lock up pen at the rear which must contain over 500 confiscated motor bikes all of which belonged to Thais. To suggest that the police never arrest or prosecute Thais is just wrong, it is their primary purpose. It really isn't all about tourists you know. 

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Well, it's an anonymous forum so nobody knows where any of us comes from. You might be Russian for all I know. I might be, also. Or Kuwaiti! Just imagine that!

I meet Russians, Omanis, Kuwaitis, Syrians and Iranians, plus untold Europeans, Finns, Norwegians, Japanese and Koreans in the spa I frequent. It's a privilege for me. The ones I avoid are the Yanks. Just a big P.I.T.A. It's all Biden's fault, woke this, woke that, the US is screwed, the Democrats saw to that etc etc blah blah blah. Oh god get me out of here....

Well I'll clear things up for you, I am from the UK originally , and most UK people, myself included, rightly or wrongly, do not particularly like Arabs.   Although there will be a tiny minority who claim they do, despite never having met one,   We don't particularly like people who are like that either

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I did not say young thais do not create a nuisance that is not the subject of this thread, however our local police station has a huge lock up pen at the rear which must contain over 500 confiscated motor bikes all of which belonged to Thais. To suggest that the police never arrest or prosecute Thais is just wrong, it is their primary purpose. It really isn't all about tourists you know. 

Bicker mode off

7 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Well I'll clear things up for you, I am from the UK originally , and most UK people, myself included, rightly or wrongly, do not particularly like Arabs.   Although there will be a tiny minority who claim they do, despite never having met one,   We don't particularly like people who are like that either

I don't recognise you as a spokesperson for any country. You're deluded.

• Love It 1

They say Arabs, but where are they from? For example, Indonesia has the biggest Muslim community, but are not Arabs. So ? Are they French Arabs, because it’s them who cause the most crimes and   are described as French when caught. Giving the French a very bad name, especially in Phuket. They are from North Africa and have French nationality, but they hate the French and are making our lives here hell.  It’s not a religion problem because if it was they wouldn’t commit all these crimes. Tendency is to class all Arabs as Muslim unfortunately. 

3 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Kuwaiti's and Saudis could well fall into the category of unruly as they believe they are too important to obey rules. Not all but most just to clarify

I think it depends where they are holidaying. ! In the South of France summer we have a huge influx of Saudis, Kuwait, Dubai , all that region, and we do not have problems like that. I deal with them a lot, and 99.9% of them are very respectful, educated and kind people. I think Thailand brings out the worse in them .

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I don't recognise you as a spokesperson for any country. You're deluded.

read what I wrote, most british people do not care for Arabs and will avoid them if possible, Nothing deluded about that statement. The fact that you consider meeting a few in the "spa you frequent" a privilege is neither here nor there. Most british people do not eat frogs or horse meat either, I don't need to be a "spokesperson" to tell you that either but you can safely rely on it as "fact"  these kind of things are just stuff that people know and accept, a bit like general knowledge if you will

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

read what I wrote, most british people do not care for Arabs and will avoid them if possible, Nothing deluded about that statement. The fact that you consider meeting a few in the "spa you frequent" a privilege is neither here nor there. Most british people do not eat frogs or horse meat either, I don't need to be a "spokesperson" to tell you that either but you can safely rely on it as "fact"  these kind of things are just stuff that people know and accept, a bit like general knowledge if you will

Most British people. You've done your research then. It's a well known fact, most people in the world hate British people. Agreed? Oh, and another of my favourites, the vast majority of people agree with me. So there.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1