Mould Spreading Rapidly In Newly-Purchased House in Khon Kaen

webfact

image.jpeg

A YOUNG MAN who bought a new house in Khon Kaen province for 2.6 million baht around a year ago has over the past two months seen mould growing rapidly both on interior and exterior walls, Sanook.com said.

Mr. Chinawat Hansri, 37, took reporters to see the condition of his house purchased from a developer at Ban Pet subdistrict, Mueang district, and they saw mould spreading in the bedroom, living room and prayer room causing the wallpaper to peel and the plaster crack and fall off.

Outside the mould is growing in a long line and extending further around the house.

Chinawat related that over the past two months the paint and plaster started peeling and falling off constantly.

by TNR Staff

The newly-purchased mould-riddled house. Photos: Sanook.com

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/08/07/mould-spreading-rapidly-in-newly-purchased-house/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-08-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

yes,  probably needs excavating 1 foot deep around the house and then breakout holes for ventilation under floor slab,   then dry the walls and re-paint,    possible install a drain around the house for roof rain runoff. 

• Like 1

Seems to be under that window.  Ovc windows can leak. There can be cracks in the corners and then it leaks down into the wall.  The best thing is a window drain pan.   People dont know cement and blocks are permiable. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Probably a poor foundation, could be a nightmare to repair. Poor guy.

foundation what foundation most houses I see are bult on a slab at ground level.  In fact out here you can see a rice patty one month and he next they are filling it in and 2 months later buildling houses on it and chargng 6-7 mill per unit.

If there were a  foundation then resoluton would be easy you dig around the oustide of the house and dig inside the house and line the outside properly with proper drainage.

Peoplein this country really do not know what they are buying or who they are buyng from and not all the big names i think are that safe.

• Like 2

I don't understand why especially Thai people don't buy land and have a house built on it, buy every nail, screw and material needed so you know what is being used and above all "project manage the build". Savings are massive and you know its done right. I did it and built a small 110 square metre bungalow built on the foundation for a 3 storey house teak doors quality tiles etc for 750,000baht in 2010. I put a high roof with vents either side so air flow and guess what my house doesn't get too hot. 13 years and no problems. 3 bedroom detached bungalow..... Nice wee house. 2 million and you could build a nice big house and maybe a small swiming pool.

5 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

the fact a bunch of nobodies on the internet know more about proper construction than Thai builders speaks for itself.

Actually I was acknowledging the opinions of the 'nobodies' that do appear to know what they are talking about.

5 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

rice?

Then there's this.