Request for Investigation into Monks Wearing Bras

webfact

Decadent novice monk accused of dressing as woman, selling sex, and partying in nightclubs
by Petch Petpailin

image.jpeg
Photo via Facebook/ อีซ้อขยี้ข่าว2

Another case of monks behaving badly again emerged in the northeastern province of Khon Kaen after residents accused a young novice of dressing up as a woman, selling sex to other novices and monks in the temple and partying in nightclubs. The abbot of the temple has been accused of turning a blind eye to the novice’s decadent activities.

A Facebook page, E-Sor News (อีซ้อขยี้ข่าว) shared an image of the novice in question seated fastening a black bra around his chest. Accompanying the image, the caption reads…

“Dressing up like a girl, providing sex services, and hunting for men. Having sex with other monks and novices in the temple. Locals complained to the abbot who knows everything but ignores it. Some monks and novices in the temple are also curious about the issue. Why has no one done anything? A royal monastery in Khon Kaen.”

Channel 3 interviewed locals living nearby the temple about the issue. The locals identified the novice featured in the picture as J, confirming that he indeed has been contravening the rules of Thai Buddhism, as mentioned in the Facebook post.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/decadent-novice-monk-accused-of-dressing-as-woman-selling-sex-and-partying-in-nightclubs

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

Hang on. Am I reading it right that Grade 5 students are offering sexual services! Forget about the cross dressing, sneaking out, and doing it within the grounds of a temple. Grade 5 is about 10-11 years old! Call the police!

M5 is about 16/17

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For a foreigner without a deep understanding of the belief in the merit system of Theravada, it is hard to comprehend a family spending a million baht on an ordination ceremony for their son, who will stay at the temple for a month. 

Of course the teachers had no knowledge of the behavior of the students. They teach only purity and goodness. 

Edited by spidermike007

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Of course the teachers had no knowledge of the behavior of the students. They teach only purity and goodness. 

Indeed, and many foreigners don't realise that many monks are only there for a few days. 

Buddhism is a great religion. 

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 2long said:

Hang on... the original article says Grade 5 อยู่ชั้น ม. 5

That is 16/17. Trust me, one of my daughters is in Grade 5. And I translated the Thai curriculum into English for that year.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

That is 16/17. Trust me, one of my daughters is in Grade 5. 

My daughter was also in Temple school grade 5 when she was age 11/12.

Primary and Secondary Education in Thailand
Currently a 12-year system of general education is in effect, with children starting school at age 6.

- Elementary School is 6 years (ages 6-12) Grades 1-6. Culminates in the Certificate of Primary Education.
- Lower Secondary School is 3 years (ages 13-15) Grades 7-9. Culminates in the Certificate of Lower Secondary Education
- Senior Secondary School is 3 years (ages 16-18) Grades 10-12. Culminates in the Certificate of Secondary Education.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

'ม. 5' means Mattayom 5 

'ป5' means Prathom 5 

Currently a 12-year system of general education is in effect, with children starting school at age 6.

- Elementary School is 6 years (ages 6-12) Grades 1-6. Culminates in the Certificate of Primary Education.
- Lower Secondary School is 3 years (ages 13-15) Grades 7-9. Culminates in the Certificate of Lower Secondary Education
- Senior Secondary School is 3 years (ages 16-18) Grades 10-12. Culminates in the Certificate of Secondary Education.

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thailand doesn't follow the system they have in the USA.

There is no grade 7-12.