Pelosi calls Trump indictments ‘exquisite,’ ‘beautiful’

Social Media

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Please provide links to prove thousands of examples of Trump. 

Thanks in advance.

Already did, I provided a link to Trumps Truth Social account, view his daily childish rantings at your own leisure

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Already did, I provided a link to Trumps Truth Social account, view his daily childish rantings at your own leisure

A cop out. The equivalent of "google it". 

I thought links were required for statements of fact. Thousands? lol.

• Thanks 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

I said it was alleged.

I then provided proof of the allegation.

The fact you do not think Rogan is credible is neither here nor there regarding the accuracy of my statement.

Don't like Rogan? OK, here's another one for you. A senator. 

https://www.hawley.senate.gov/following-pelosi-trades-hawley-calls-hearing-banning-insider-trading-congress

image.png.02e80d11668b95d6008b7b26cf1b9c0d.png

Here's a definition of alleged as well, since you don't seem to fully understand it.

image.png.553f0536b2a6b88804e11f41cde99d0c.png

All people who are right wing and have political motives for making such allegations. Josh Hawlely is the party who raised his fist to Capitol Hill protestors just before they turned into Capitol Hill invaders.

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

A cop out. The equivalent of "google it". 

I thought links were required for statements of fact. Thousands? lol.

Just to make the evidence absolutely clear to you:

Five Years, Thousands of Insults: Tracking Trump’s Invective

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/26/insider/Trump-twitter-insults-list.html

And this list only runs into January of 2021.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And who knows, maybe somewhere once you signified that you believed Trump there is serious evidence against him of criminality. As far as I can recall, you occasionally indulge in comments about his character. But not about the serious stuff.

Methinks that he protests too much.

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

[snipped] She is a Wicked Witch whose husbands journey from hell starts and finishes with her. She is a sick & demented psycho who will someday live in HELL!

But he means well when he says it  :clap2:

Worst thing about hell is that him and his family would be there.

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

“The indictments against the president are exquisite,” Pelosi said in an interview with New York magazine. “They’re beautiful and intricate, and they probably have a better chance of conviction than anything that I would come up with.”

Is that what people expect from a long-time professional politician?

I think a professional answer would have been something like: I trust our courts will work according to our laws and constitution.

What's the point of those stupid remarks? The Trump supporters will see it as another reason not to trust the current government and the DEMs and the "deep state".

And some DEM voters might find it funny, but it won't change anything for them.

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think a professional answer would have been something like: I trust our courts will work according to our laws and constitution.

What's the point of those stupid remarks? The Trump supporters will see it as another reason not to trust the current government and the DEMs and the "deep state".

I agree. But that said, given the conspiratorial turn of mind of most Trump supporters, do her comments really make a significant difference?

• Thumbs Up 1

Pelosi is admiring the way Jack Smith has constructed the case against Trump for all to see, even using words out of Trump's mouth. AFAIK she has not called Trump any names, while Trump rails daily against the people bringing him to judgment.

Given Trump was inciting his supporters to harm her and others on January 6, and her husband was assaulted by a Trump supporter, IMO she is remarkably restrained.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Weak.

"Cancel order" is a suggestion, not an insult.

"Nothing is being done" is a statement, not an insult.

"Where is the server?" is a question, not an insult.

Fake news (a statement) repeated 1000 times does not constitute 1000 insults.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with one link behind a paywall and another one repeating "fake news" hundreds of times.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Weak.

"Cancel order" is a suggestion, not an insult.

"Nothing is being done" is a statement, not an insult.

"Where is the server?" is a question, not an insult.

Fake news (a statement) repeated 1000 times does not constitute 1000 insults.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with one link behind a paywall and another one repeating "fake news" hundreds of times.

Cherry-picking much? It only goes to show how far Trump has lowered the level of discourse that you think that repeating such phrases as Fake News over and over again isn't engaging in making childish insults..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Cherry-picking much? It only goes to show how far Trump has lowered the level of discourse that you think that repeating such phrases as Fake News over and over again isn't engaging in making childish insults..

Blah blah blah. Divert as much as you like. I'm still waiting for those "thousands of insults". 

"Where is the server" doesn't count.

Edited by JonnyF
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Blah blah blah. Divert as much as you like. I'm still waiting for those "thousands of insults". 

here's a list compiled by Philip Bump of the washington post on August 20, 2019. He confined himself to the top 32 insults Trump uses. Only to the top 32.

The expansive, repetitive universe of Trump’s Twitter insults

That’s 32 insults applied 1,693 times to 245 different targets. You can see how the targets (colored circles) are categorized; the width of the lines between circles indicates how many times a particular target was the subject of a particular insult. The most common insult-target pairing? “Fake” applied to the media, which Trump has done more than 300 times.

https://archive.ph/SeYR1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/08/20/expansive-repetitive-universe-trumps-twitter-insults/

So from Aug 21, 2019 you don't think he's come up with another308?

What makes your stance on this issue particularly funny is this recent claim of yours:

"Strawman. I am not a Trump supporter. I have even stated on this very thread that I think he and Pelosi are as bad as each other."

It is to laugh.

EDIT: And i should have noted that this data comes only from Twitter. Not his speeches.

Edited by placeholder

31 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I'm still waiting for those "thousands of insults".

"somewhere between 6,000 and 10,000." if you read the article

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes, as bad as each other. Pelosi isn't exactly the height of maturity. 

Like a toddler ripping up another kids drawing in art class  ????.

Naaa she was reacting to all the lies trump was spewing during that state of the union address rightfully so in my humble opinion 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I laugh every time I see the right wing say "deep state", so yes.

Pelosi has every reason to be delighted at Trump's predicament. He totally brought it upon himself. Now the right wing are all butt hurt about their man.

Donald Trump has lashed out at Nancy Pelosi and claimed her teeth were “falling out of her mouth” during a press conference ahead of historic impeachment votes this week.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-impeachment-vote-pelosi-teeth-ukraine-biden-inquiry-a9248201.html

10 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Brings to mind 2 other occasions of uninformed/confused witnesses finding beauty in sheer devastation.

"It is the middle of a spring night, in Soviet Ukraine, and a fantastic column of light pierces the dark sky like a glowing spire. Nobody has seen anything like it before, for nothing like this has ever happened on earth. People gather outside to watch, some warily, most entranced, as dust gathers in their hair. "Well," says one woman, burying her misgivings, "it is beautiful."

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/chernobyl-a-nuclear-disaster-is-unsettlingly-lovely-to-look-at-1.3884261

"“The brightest light came that I had ever observed with my eyes closed. ... We stood up and looked into this black abyss ahead of us. ... There was this beautiful color of the bomb, gorgeous. The colors were roving in and out of our visual range of course. The neutrons and gamma rays and all that went by with the first flash while we were down. There we stood gawking," said Roger Rasmussen, a Manhattan Project Engineer, in 2015."

https://thebulletin.org/virtual-tour/trinity-the-first-nuclear-bomb-test/

Striking parallels with Pelosi finding beauty among the twisted smoking ruins of the US justice system and free and fair elections. 2 crucial components of the democracy our forefathers gave us that she can claim much credit for the destruction of. If she could only see beyond her irrational hatred for Trump she would see that by persecuting him while protecting his rivals for incomparably worse crimes she - and her fellow ideologues -  have destroyed everything they were claiming to be saving.

Now that’s funny you are exactly 180% out oh boy!…………

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Brings to mind 2 other occasions of uninformed/confused witnesses finding beauty in sheer devastation.

"It is the middle of a spring night, in Soviet Ukraine, and a fantastic column of light pierces the dark sky like a glowing spire. Nobody has seen anything like it before, for nothing like this has ever happened on earth. People gather outside to watch, some warily, most entranced, as dust gathers in their hair. "Well," says one woman, burying her misgivings, "it is beautiful."

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/chernobyl-a-nuclear-disaster-is-unsettlingly-lovely-to-look-at-1.3884261

"“The brightest light came that I had ever observed with my eyes closed. ... We stood up and looked into this black abyss ahead of us. ... There was this beautiful color of the bomb, gorgeous. The colors were roving in and out of our visual range of course. The neutrons and gamma rays and all that went by with the first flash while we were down. There we stood gawking," said Roger Rasmussen, a Manhattan Project Engineer, in 2015."

https://thebulletin.org/virtual-tour/trinity-the-first-nuclear-bomb-test/

Striking parallels with Pelosi finding beauty among the twisted smoking ruins of the US justice system and free and fair elections. 2 crucial components of the democracy our forefathers gave us that she can claim much credit for the destruction of. If she could only see beyond her irrational hatred for Trump she would see that by persecuting him while protecting his rivals for incomparably worse crimes she - and her fellow ideologues -  have destroyed everything they were claiming to be saving.

For what it's worth, your silly analogy would more exactly apply to supporters of Trump. This is someone running to be the chief executive of the United States who is running an a platform advocating vengeance.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Tug said:

Naaa she was reacting to all the lies trump was spewing during that state of the union address rightfully so in my humble opinion 

By childishly tearing up some papers with a smug expression on her face? ????

Her and Biden appear to be on a race back to infancy. All that was missing was her stamping her foot, poking out her tongue and screaming "I HATE YOU". 

The state of US politics... Wow. Although, in defense of her behaviour you only have to read some of the posts by the Democrat supporters on this forum to see the type of crowd she is playing to. ????

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

By childishly tearing up some papers with a smug expression on her face? ????

Her and Biden appear to be on a race back to infancy. All that was missing was her stamping her foot, poking out her tongue and screaming "I HATE YOU". 

The state of US politics... Wow. Although, in defense of her behaviour you only have to read some of the posts by the Democrat supporters on this forum to see the type of crowd she is playing to. ????

The reason right wing supporters of Trump keep on citing this incident, is that they have so little else to point to. Whereas  their guy has a consistent record of indulging in public displays of infantile behavior. 

• Like 1