British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

3 hours ago, bignok said:

Most drunk tossers deserve it. Id say 99% of the time they had it coming. Only the minority didnt.

The point really is these guys should handle the drunk tossers better......whether they deserve it or not. Had one of the victims ended up critically injured anywhere else he would be under arrest. 

Silly fat guy, far beyond street brawling fit young men. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

People here hit each other every day, all day. We don't see 99% of what happens because the news only can show a tad of it. I never defended this Brit. I said he was stupid and not thinking. He should have left. What I said is that they went too far, and acted cowardly. That is what happened. If someone hits you, you hit back, if it's a hard enough hit to actually hurt you. You can turn the other cheek, realizing this was a drunk that wasn't thinking. Or you can hit them and see what happens. Not see them fall to the ground and start stomping on them.  I teach my children not to be bullied, and to hit back if they are being taken advantage of. That's how you stop bullying. Some people deserve to be beaten to a pulp. This was not one.

Nothing special.

What you saw was simply and example of how Thais fight.

They consider it as (1) Standing by their friend and colleague and (2) The foreigners had the advantage of size so they took advantage of their numbers.

No serious harm done. British guy should have kept his hands to himself. Yes, over reaction, but it is the norm.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

The point really is these guys should handle the drunk tossers better......whether they deserve it or not. had one of the victims ended up critically injured anywhere else he would be under arrest. 

Silly fat guy, far beyond street brawling fit young men. 

100% 

46 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

All foreigners should stick up for other foreigners when in a foreign land, UNLESS, like I said, they are doing illegal or immoral things. T

Why?

I have zero feelings of brotherhood or kinship with someone I don't know based upon their country of origin/skin colour, why would I?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Nothing special.

They consider it as (1) Standing by their friend and colleague and (2) The foreigners had the advantage of size so they took advantage of their numbers.

No serious harm done. British guy should have kept his hands to himself. Yes, over reaction, but it is the norm.

I see almost daily 5 against 1 on TV where they are all locals, and all the same size. They don't care about standing by anyone. It's a weak male ego where winning means doing anything, even if it involves 5 against 1 , using a machete, all kicking one, or a stick.

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I see almost daily 5 against 1 on TV where they are all locals, and all the same size. They don't care about standing by anyone. It's a weak male ego where winning means doing anything, even if it involves 5 against 1 , using a machete, all kicking one, or a stick.

And once again,

That is how Thais fight. Pack mentality and you and I won't change it.

In Hanoi, Vietnam they use bottles over the head as the preferred response. No Queensbury rules there!

11 minutes ago, gomangosteen said:

Why?

I have zero feelings of brotherhood or kinship with someone I don't know based upon their country of origin/skin colour, why would I?

Maybe because we're all in this together, no one gets out alive, and if people actually did love their neighbors as themselves, it might be a better place to live.

18 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Nothing special.

I’m not so sure. The Thai’s do consider certain fights as a “duel between men”. If people interfere who are not involved, no matter the nationality, the combatants and onlookers may turn on those interfering. It becomes a whole new brawl. Those fighting previously are now on the same side.

I’m not real clear on what makes it a man on man duel in the Thais view however, still researching it.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Kicking a man on the ground isn't a skill. You see this happening almost every day on the news, and the news only shows a tiny fraction of what's happening countrywide. I've been here over 6 years and don't know anyone who is skilled at fighting, and I've been around many who are play fighting (good indication of defensive moves) and actually have seen fights happen. No one should ever tuck their tails and run. You don't get yourself into this kind of situation because no matter the country, you don't hit someone at a bar just because they said a few words. be a man and let it slide. It means nothing unless they are trashing your wife, and even then it's better to just walk away. Three locals that don't actually know how to fight and have to resort to kicking (proof) are no match for a person who actually does. True, more can join in and too many at one time are too much for any man (despite the Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal bar fights) so it's still better to walk away and not let yourself get into this kind of trouble. If this happened in the US, as I've seen it many times, including with myself, there has never been a time where I've seen two or more against one. And never kicking on the ground besides gangs against gangs, which is a totally different situation.

Is there a cure for  Diarrhea, of the verbal variety?

5 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

These the two mouthy <deleted> I heard about giving it large to the bouncers and got a touch up ?

They deserved it.

No they didn't. As far as I can see by the vid the father started it, but that's no excuse for the unprofessional and animalistic behaviour of the bouncers. As someone mentioned, it's lucky the older guy wasn't killed by one of those kicks to the head. The old guy is probably three times the age of any of those thugs, I thought locals were supposed to have great respect for their elders. I suppose that only applies if the old guy is Thai. 

On 8/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, Albaby said:

You would do well to follow your own advice. 

You do know this is a discussion forum right? That people have the right to put their 2 cents in, just like you have? That we have the right to defend others if  need be? if you would look beyond this post, as many do, you will see that there is a topic called Do you believe in God and why, and see how many of the same people are posting. If you don't want to reply or read a topic, don't. Pretty simple. What I do when I reply is try to help others, and sometimes to defend them. Or point out injustices, just like I have here.

Just now, rtco said:

Way back when in my "bouncer days" I never ever hit anyone even after being hit myself. There's always a way to "talk then down".

I understand you well.

As you say, "way back" things were different.

2 hours ago, JimTripper said:

You forgot to add that the bouncers here may have some sort of immaturity in character or emotional instability that prevents them from acting professionally.

Very correct.

On the other hand, the two Brits weren't acting very professionally either. If they were acting as true gentleman, the scoundrels would have kept to themselves - and this thread would not have existed either.

• Love It 1