Move Forward undecided on whether to support Pheu Thai’s PM candidate

webfact

image.png

The Move Forward party has not yet decided whether it will vote in support of Pheu Thai party’s prime ministerial candidate, Srettha Thavisin, party leader Pita Limjaroenrat said yesterday (Wednesday).

Core members of the Pheu Thai party, among them Paetongtarn Shinawatra, head of the Pheu Thai “Family”, party leader Cholnan Srikaew and deputy leader Phumtham Wechayachai, went to the Move Forward party’s head office yesterday, reportedly to seek support for Srettha.

Pita briefly told the media afterwards that core members of the two parties simply listened to each other’s views, but there was no conclusion reached adding, however, that the two sides will keep in contact.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-undecided-on-whether-to-support-pheu-thais-pm-candidate/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

(1/2) BREAKING: MFP leader Pita said Thurs his party may not end up in the opposition. "Who knows I may not be in the opposition," Pita said without elaborating but added MFP MPs have the right to decide by themselves whether to vote for Pheu Thai PM candidate. #Thailand #ก้าวไกล

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1689547158410915840

(2/2) MFP MPs are asked to consult with the voter's on the matter, said Pita, or adds he would like to offer moral support to the Pheu Thai Party. #Thailand #WhatsHappeningInThailand #PheuThai #MFP #เพื่อไทย #ก้าวไกล

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

(1/2) BREAKING: MFP leader Pita said Thurs his party may not end up in the opposition. "Who knows I may not be in the opposition," Pita said without elaborating but added MFP MPs have the right to decide by themselves whether to vote for Pheu Thai PM candidate. #Thailand #ก้าวไกล

(2/2) MFP MPs are asked to consult with the voter's on the matter, said Pita, or adds he would like to offer moral support to the Pheu Thai Party. #Thailand #WhatsHappeningInThailand #PheuThai #MFP #เพื่อไทย #ก้าวไกล

It's becoming quite obvious that MFP will not issue a party resolution for voting and allow each MPs to made their own voting decision. Pita is quite resigned to his fate that he will be banned from politics like Thanathorn. I hope MFP have leaders that can stepped up and take the mettle should Pita be banned. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

It's becoming quite obvious that MFP will not issue a party resolution for voting and allow each MPs to made their own voting decision. Pita is quite resigned to his fate that he will be banned from politics like Thanathorn. I hope MFP have leaders that can stepped up and take the mettle should Pita be banned. 

I suspect that the powers that continue to be will have learnt from last time, banning the leader but leaving the party essentially intact. Pita and the top echelons will be banned and the party smashed.

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The Move Forward party has not yet decided whether it will vote in support of Pheu Thai party’s prime ministerial candidate, Srettha Thavisin, party leader Pita Limjaroenrat said yesterday (Wednesday).

Abstain en-masse... senate style.

MFP must not fall into the trap like the unelected senators every member should abstain let the circus continue until the unelected senators are out of office and maybe a new GE can take place for the past 9 years we’ve been ruled by clowns what’s another nine months when these u elected senators are shown the way out 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, anchadian said:

What a tragedy for Thailand and it’s people - a legally elected man with a massive majority made to sit on the sidelines after being robbed by a military junta and a failed despotic narcisistic criminal in hiding - so sad!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

I suspect that the powers that continue to be will have learnt from last time, banning the leader but leaving the party essentially intact. Pita and the top echelons will be banned and the party smashed.

You mean the legally elected choice of the people smashed?

3 hours ago, bizboi said:

You mean the legally elected choice of the people smashed?

Yes. As I said the newspaper reports of the election results ( goodness me, it was two months ago) are now fish and chip wrappings.

The powers that be have entirely disregarded them and are busily constructing the government they want. The electorate and the vote are entirely ignored.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

They did dissolve Future Forward and Pravit's PPRP poached a number of their MPs but it regenerated itself and came back stronger. 

MFP must abstain do not allow PT in government in 9 months time the unelected senators will be shown the door let the current caretaker government run the show until then then once they have gone submit a vote of no confidence which will enable a new GE and MFP will win by an absolute landslide 

• Thumbs Up 1