Georgia election official warns Trump’s claims could lead to violence: ‘You never know what’s going to happen’

Social Media

image.png

Georgia election official Gabriel Sterling on Sunday warned of the possibility that former President Trump’s threatening words could lead to lone acts of violence, ahead of a likely fourth indictment expected.

In an interview on ABC’s “This Week,” Sterling said he does not expect to see any large-scale or organized violence, but he expressed his concern that the violent rhetoric could radicalize individuals who are “probably mentally unstable.” 

“Obviously, at this point, you never know what’s going to happen,” Sterling said when asked whether he’s concerned that Trump’s rhetoric could lead to violence. Sterling was also asked about an attack ad that Trump’s team is running labeling Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis and others the “fraud squad.”

“My biggest concern for years now – I’ve said this at election conferences where you get professionals who run elections around this country – is somebody will be motivated by some of these kind of languages at some point and do something stupid,” Sterling continued. 

“It’s not going to mean organized things. It’s not going to be a bunch of conspirators together. It’s going to be one probably mentally unstable individual who’s going to be radicalized through this process and that’s my biggest concern through this,” he said. 

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

2 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Wild threats? Who do you think I am? Kathy Griffin or Madonna? 

When the judicial system is blatantly biased against one party while protecting the other something has got to give way.

I told you who you are, and yes wild threats. If Madonna or Kathy were posting on here I would probably respond to whoever they allegedly threatened. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

I am sure the Secret Service will provide protection when he is incarcerated.

Prophylactic protection!

Possibly with the 500 odd in jail that may not be an easy task.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Yet Republicans are now embracing mail-in voting.

So obviously the Trump rhetoric against it was just the usual misinformation.

Republicans set to push mail ballots, voting methods they previously blasted as recipes for fraud | AP News

Obviously?

More like they think it would produce a more level field but I doubt it. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Others might say that it is the scale and abuse of mail-in voting that helps sway elections.

Really?  Who are these others?  What evidence have they presented?

Could it be that there is no evidence and someone, by repeating an unsubstantiated claim about a stolen election, provoked violence?  Wouldn't it be weird if that person were Trump and he is now repeating the crime?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Because your arguments are out of lalaland aka QANON.

5 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Not sure what other outcome the left expect from turning America's justice system into something straight out of North Korea or Venezuela. When a once respected system is weaponized to attack the ruling parties chief opponent - using nonsensical charges that your own team has also committed in arguably much worse ways - when there is no pretence any more of one legal system for all, it will inevitably lead to violence. 

If the left want to avoid civil war they must get Garland and Wray out today and replace them with credible people. No more weaponization of Joe Biden's DOJ, it will not serve anyone in the long run - although for the haters that swallowed years of fake news this persecution must seem marvellous. Such a tragic situation.

Worth asking the question, why is Georgia's own Stacy Abrams election denialism not likely to lead to violence? Is election denialism while woke not a bad thing, like when patriots try to ensure accurate and fair elections that everyone can trust? Hmmmmm....

I think some words from a song by the Doobie Bros might apply to this particular post, perhaps slightly rearranged, however here goes........

"No wise man has the power to reason away what a fool believes".

So, many of us sane and rational folk posting on here really don't stand much of a chance against the MAGA/trump believers!! ????

• Thumbs Up 1