Child creativity: Thai kid’s mosquito coil art mesmerizes netizens

snoop1130

11 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

While it is good that Thai people are celebrating and encouraging creativity, it is a little worrying that this is considered "immense artistic brilliance " or "artistic genius"

If it was done in the west and displayed in the Louvre it would be worth thousands... 

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

While it is good that Thai people are celebrating and encouraging creativity, it is a little worrying that this is considered "immense artistic brilliance " or "artistic genius".  It's quite likely that he is recreating images that he has seen online somewhere, as they all closely resemble emojis or Line stickers.

The glass is always half empty eh?

• Confused 2

41 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

He had a good point IMO.

Although parents everywhere are proud of their kids, some Thai people take it to a new level.

I'm amused at how many of the ads on Thai TV revolve around marvelous elixirs that promise incredible physical and mental powers evolving if they are fed religiously to the children.

Of course most are just colored sugar water or flavored milks. They tout any vitamins or minerals intrinsic to the drinks as proprietary additives.

From the number of such ads I suspect these things sell well.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

He had a good point IMO.

Although parents everywhere are proud of their kids, some Thai people take it to a new level.

I'm amused at how many of the ads on Thai TV revolve around marvelous elixirs that promise incredible physical and mental powers evolving if they are fed religiously to the children.

Of course most are just colored sugar water or flavored milks. They tout any vitamins or minerals intrinsic to the drinks as proprietary additives.

From the number of such ads I suspect these things sell well.

Why does such an innocuous article arouse the need in so many losers to crawl out of their holes and denigrate Thais.

Live and let live.

• Confused 2

Would like to see the video of him doing all that. Plus why would a parent let a child play with boxes of mosquito repellent materials.  

Mommy,  can I have 6 boxes of mosquito repellent rings to play with? Sure son, no problem ???? because your such a smart young lad. If this is real and the boy is a genius I doubt they are his real parents.  

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Objectivity and balanced arguments are "glass half empty" for you?

Or you just like to see things negatively because you're angry about something?

No anger, simply that you come across as someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Are “objectivity and balanced arguments” really called for here… a parent showing some pride in their kid?

When you smell flowers, do you look for a coffin?

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

No anger, simply that you come across as someone who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

And you come across as someone who has personal issues that cause you to misinterpret completely civil and balanced comments in order to allow you lash out at other foreign people, painting them as evil attackers of good honest Thais, and yourself as the savior of the Thais - one or the special and few "good farangs".

Are “objectivity and balanced arguments” really called for here… a parent showing some pride in their kid?

Why would they not be?

When you smell flowers, do you look for a coffin?

No. I don't have the same biases that you have. Hence I can point out the good and bad in a situation, unlike you.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

While it is good that Thai people are celebrating and encouraging creativity, it is a little worrying that this is considered "immense artistic brilliance " or "artistic genius".  It's quite likely that he is recreating images that he has seen online somewhere, as they all closely resemble emojis or Line stickers.

One, in particular, resembles a well known politician.????

15 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

And you come across as someone who has personal issues that cause you to misinterpret completely civil and balanced comments in order to allow you lash out at other foreign people, painting them as evil attackers of good honest Thais, and yourself as the savior of the Thais - one or the special and few "good farangs".

Why would they not be?

No. I don't have the same biases that you have. Hence I can point out the good and bad in a situation, unlike you.

LOL

20 hours ago, bobandyson said:

“Indeed, talent like this can’t be restrained! What a vivid imagination! This kid’s really good, and mosquito coils are cheap, let your child enjoy playing with it!”

Great! Now perhaps let your child cut out shapes from asbestos sheeting using a grinder.

Get chewing kid!

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Well said Sir.

The first acknowledgement of a kid doing something other that playing with his phone, Tik Tok, Whats App, Instagram, whatever.

While every post above yours is sneeringly offensive and patronisingly familiar.

Thais can't win can they. You come to live in their '3rd World' country and you all look down on them!

Well done.

I'm ashamed of all of you. Not one nice word amongst you. 

MrMojoRisin  is absolutely correct. Not one half full glass between you. Miserable and sad - all of you!

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1