What do you look for in a hotel?

bignok

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

I guess location but near what things?

Big size room?

Within budget of course. Whats your budget?

Swimming pool yes or no?

Depends on:

- Climate

- Purpose 

- With whom (family or alone)

- Cost vs quality (value) 

- Transport option (if driving etc)

The decision always involves multiple factors. 

I look for a different type of hotel if beaching it up with the family (nice room, large size, pool etc) than if partying it up on an away football trip with the boys (cheap room with AC).

There is no one thing and it depends what Im going for but I do like a bit of luxury I don't like sluming it,

Location,

Pool

Parking is a must,

Nice size room with King size bed

Nice bathroom with white towels,

Good Breakfast not one that has been sitting there since 5 am cold eggs (thai style)

Coffee shop is useful 24 hour is better,

Toaster that works,

Voucher for extra breakfast if needed, 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

How about ok location, under 1500 baht and jacuzzi. I found one in CM.

less than 200km from BKK, I have to work during the week so I need to be able to drive there and back during the weekend.

When me and the wife go away somewhere for a break, we decide where we are going to and then look for a hotel, preferably with an in suite Jacuzzi.

One of our regular get-away retreats is Kanchanaburi, so we usually stop at Natee The Riverfront Hotel.

Big bed for me and my GF, clean linen and towels. Functioning aircon and plumbing. Price range 500 m- 800 baht/night.

I always ask to inspect the room before we commit. My GF gives me the thumbs down or up.

I remember one motel owner in Sukhothai who would not allow us to check, we walked out and got back in the car.

Best room was in Mae Hong Son, huge with a very well cooked breakfast of scrambled eggs and bacon. IIRC 550 baht/night.

We normally travel in low season, most of the hotels are near empty and pleased to have guests.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bignok said:

I guess location but near what things?

Big size room?

Within budget of course. Whats your budget?

Swimming pool yes or no?

In Bangkok/Hua Hin ,,,

Parking

Walking distance to potential restaurant or what Im going to do

Standard

Swimmingpool

Gym

Breakfest

Reviews

Touring

Price and location

2 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Fire escape doors open (not locked) to the street level is my preference. Difficult to find.

Thats important one thing I always look where the escape is, I was once in a hotel that had a fire at 2-3 am not funny when the alarms are going off, that was in England 

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

In Bangkok/Hua Hin ,,,

Parking

Walking distance to potential restaurant or what Im going to do

Standard

Swimmingpool

Gym

Breakfest

Reviews

Touring

Price and location

Price Bangkok 

1200 - 3000 depending on offers, season, and weekdays or weekends. Upcoming trip got Amara for 2700 a night included breakfest. 

Touring 

650 - 1200

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

Peanut butter and/or sliced cheese at the brekkie buffet. It means I will soon be blissfully sitting among Americans.

Also: Not too much dragonfruit, let's see some non-hard melon, and pineapple that is not well past its prime.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Peanut butter and/or sliced cheese at the brekkie buffet. It means I will soon be blissfully sitting among Americans.

Also: Not too much dragonfruit, let's see some non-hard melon, and pineapple that is not well past its prime.

Im not a lover of fruit for breakfast, I prefer to overdose on Bacon and not the thai crap 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

make your own GCheese bar? toasty grill?

Just now, Sticky Rice Balls said:

A bed

cable with adult movies pay per view

weird hairs on sheets

stained sheets

vibrating coin operated bed

mirror on ceiling

dead body under bed

mini bar

bible

baby soaps

no balcony--u know why

I found both a bible and a buddhist karma book in one place. The karma book was a gem. So much so i pinched it and had 3 car accidents since.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Im not a lover of fruit for breakfast, I prefer to overdose on Bacon and not the thai crap 

The nicer the place, the more enticing the fruit. Was just at The Pai Boutique Village. They had pre-Covid-like Mango on offer. No way you're seeing a lychee under 2,000 baht. A mangosteen? Maybe at The Peninsula.

At the base level it's the not-bad trinity: Ok-ish watermelon, too-hard banana, end of life span pineapple.

You're who the omelette station was invented for. Always a tad runny and under-done for my taste, but you can specify, "three bacon".