BKK Hotel

oxo1947

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Exactly. When will you pay up?

I don’t need to do so, as I am correct. I have provided proof from their official website. You have provided a nondescript screenshot from an undisclosed website for an undisclosed hotel(no reference to Riverside at all). 
Disclose full details. 

• Sad 1

Shangri-la

Bayoke sky hotel

All convenient with skytrain and riverside public boat pier just behind for the Shangri-la.

A bit far from Suhhumvit obviously but the outdoor riverside breakfast area at the Shangri-La is a nice experience to try at least once.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Shangri-la

Bayoke sky hotel

All convenient with skytrain and riverside public boat pier just behind for the Shangri-la.

A bit far from Suhhumvit obviously but the outdoor riverside breakfast area at the Shangri-La is a nice experience to try at least once.

Shangri-la for under 3000 baht? Does the nonsense ever end here?

• Confused 2

I can recommend Landmark hotel, but will be 4000-5000thb per night.

Best value for money for me is Stable Lodge on Soi 8. 300-400m up the soi, quiet, clean and nice + some of the best Scandinavian and Indian food in Bangkok. 
Rooms are small, but clean and nice. All rooms have a balcony and I think around 1600-1800thb per night for 2 adults incl. breakfast.

For Ho Chi Minh I prefer Liberty Central Saigon Riverside. Great location and the view over the river and opposite land will be pretty spectacular on New Years eve. I guess around 4000 thb per night, if they have available rooms.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Liar and renig on bets pay up 

Screenshot_20230816_170846_Agoda.jpg

Just nauseating ???? Disgusting character. 
If you had anything about you at all, you would just shut your mouth and agree to pay. 
I think we all have the measure of you now. Only making a noise, but no substance at all. 

Edited by NextG
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, THEN said:

I can recommend Landmark hotel, but will be 4000-5000thb per night.

Best value for money for me is Stable Lodge on Soi 8. 300-400m up the soi, quiet, clean and nice + some of the best Scandinavian and Indian food in Bangkok. 
Rooms are small, but clean and nice. All rooms have a balcony and I think around 1600-1800thb per night for 2 adults incl. breakfast.

For Ho Chi Minh I prefer Liberty Central Saigon Riverside. Great location and the view over the river and opposite land will be pretty spectacular on New Years eve. I guess around 4000 thb per night, if they have available rooms.

So not within budget and right in the middle of the area he didn’t want. Bravo! ???????? 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

So not within budget and right in the middle of the area he didn’t want. Bravo! ???????? 

Why so grumpy and anti on all posts? Get a life!

Is 1800thb in the middle when OP asked for 2000-3000thb per night? Please also note that he asks for late Dec/Christmas = my 1800thb estimate will most likely be 2000-2500thb per night. Anyways - it was just a recommendation as well as Landmark, even this outside of budget.

Bravo on yourself

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, THEN said:

Why so grumpy and anti on all posts? Get a life!

Is 1800thb in the middle when OP asked for 2000-3000thb per night? Please also note that he asks for late Dec/Christmas = my 1800thb estimate will most likely be 2000-2500thb per night. Anyways - it was just a recommendation as well as Landmark, even this outside of budget.

Bravo on yourself

Only on rubbish posts and I have a life thank you. You recommended Landmark, which was absolutely pointless and I don’t know what is hard to understand with regard to AWAY from the sleazy areas. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Daughter and her Partner arriving in late Dec for 4 days (in their 40s) . Looking for a nicer residence--- central as they would like to visit some roof top bars.

So around the 2- 3K a night.

In terms of pricing, you got to be careful around the Christmas to New Year's week (depending on when exactly you mean by "late Dec", as that's prime tourist travel time and the hotels likely will be hiking their prices for that period.

Per your request, I mocked up a reservation on Agoda for some good quality, highly rated, centrally located, convenient to transit hotels within your price range, for a hypothetical Dec. 19-20 stay -- with the pricing IF you were to make the reservation today. These are just some examples:

Examples:

Screenshot_1.jpg.ab46d162d16c70e7c61ae78e8c70c9c1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg.baf6a4d39aac452095dd23f90bae2f3e.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg.1d07b98cf3bed598b7a0c36fb72ba9e3.jpg

• Thanks 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

I recommend Novotel Siam Square to most people visiting Bangkok. It should be right at or below the 3K mark. I think the location just can't be beat. 

Of course it can be beat, but at least it’s a sensible suggestion with the criteria given. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I recommend Novotel Siam Square to most people visiting Bangkok. It should be right at or below the 3K mark. I think the location just can't be beat.

Priced for the same Dec. 19-20 dates I mocked up above, it's a bit beyond the price ranges of 2-3K baht range requested by the OP...  And the lower priced rooms are 30 sq mt.

Screenshot_3.jpg.75c455ad24174241115f6c387df21340.jpg

The Centre Point above has rooms in his price range in the 40 - 55 sq mt range.

The Radisson Suites has rooms in his price range that are 40 sq mt.

The Maitria Suk 18 has rooms in his price range in the 35 to 46 sq mt. range.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Priced for the same Dec. 19-20 dates I mocked up above, it's a bit beyond the price ranges of 2-3K baht range requested by the OP...  And the lower priced rooms are 30 sq mt.

Screenshot_3.jpg.75c455ad24174241115f6c387df21340.jpg

The Centre Point above has rooms in his price range in the 40 - 55 sq mt range.

The Radisson Suites has rooms in his price range that are 40 sq mt.

The Maitria Suk 18 has rooms in his price range in the 35 to 46 sq mt. range.

You know that you can select the prices to be shown in Baht, don’t you? 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, bignok said:

Ibis riverside. Not seedy, great views.

True. My young niece stayed there, so I  visited  often. Right on the river, fab pool, good breakfast.Plain rooms as all Ibis have, but spotlessly clean. Cheap .  Easy to get to Iconsiam , fab mall with great rooftop bar , often live bands, great cocktails , loads of restaurants great photo opportunities especially evening. . Ferry over the river to Thaksin river boat stop,  Silom nearby lots of shops and restaurants,  also very near Asiatique .´

As for Saigon, I would choose near Ben Thanh market for the ambiance, and easy walk everywhere, Great restaurants in Saigon, Vietnamese food is super.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, geisha said:

True. My young niece stayed there, so I  visited  often. Right on the river, fab pool, good breakfast.Plain rooms as all Ibis have, but spotlessly clean. Cheap .  Easy to get to Iconsiam , fab mall with great rooftop bar , often live bands, great cocktails , loads of restaurants great photo opportunities especially evening. . Ferry over the river to Thaksin river boat stop,  Silom nearby lots of shops and restaurants,  also very near Asiatique .´

As for Saigon, I would choose near Ben Thanh market for the ambiance, and easy walk everywhere, Great restaurants in Saigon, Vietnamese food is super.

Try Vietnam specialities such as Bahn Cuon’, and the famous «  nems » which are delicious eaten wrapped in a salad leaf with mint and soja beans., Cold spring rolls , not cooked. Pho soup,  Hu Tieu soup, and of course Honey  roast Duck. Caramel pork à simmered dish.,

42 minutes ago, NextG said:

Only on rubbish posts and I have a life thank you. You recommended Landmark, which was absolutely pointless and I don’t know what is hard to understand with regard to AWAY from the sleazy areas. 

So my post was rubbish? It was just my inputs and I think my single post was much more valuable, than your 28 posts in this thread. Or if you know it all, then please share your wisdom.

1800thb is only 200 thb per night from a 2000-3000thb requested target (10%). Are my inputs obsolete/rubbish, just because you deem they are?

OP also mention activities most of the 4 days = I would personally stay close to a Sukhumwit BTS station, unless I am driving around.

Most of the really amazing high rise roof tops are located along Sukhumwit rd.

Is 400m up Soi 8 a "sleazy" area? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, THEN said:

Yes, especially the rude part is annoying. This is a forum, all opinions should be allowed - but why would a person make 28 posts in 5 hours? ok if they do, but was there anything good in these posts or valuable to the OP, who was asking for inputs.
I have stayed over 300 nights at Landmark while working in Pakistan. And around 100 nights at Stable Lodge + many other hotels in Central Bangkok, but my post was rubbish to you.

HCM recommendation because I have stayed at Liberty Riverside 30-40 nights and find it better than all other hotels I needed in central Saigon.

You stayed at the Landmark in Bangkok whilst working in Pakistan… Why would that information be useful to ANYONE and how, in your opinion, does it fit the criteria of perhaps avoiding lower Sukhumvit?

Ditto Stable Lodge…. Still lower Sukhumvit. 400 metres off the main road doesn’t make it better, you’d still need to go to the main road ????????‍♂️ In addition, perhaps not somewhere that would be impressive to a 40+ couple on their first visit. Fine for those on a tight budget who need to be on Sukhumvit. They don’t. 
I made no comment with regard to your Sai Gon suggestion. 

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, THEN said:

So my post was rubbish? It was just my inputs and I think my single post was much more valuable, than your 28 posts in this thread. Or if you know it all, then please share your wisdom.

1800thb is only 200 thb per night from a 2000-3000thb requested target (10%). Are my inputs obsolete/rubbish, just because you deem they are?

OP also mention activities most of the 4 days = I would personally stay close to a Sukhumwit BTS station, unless I am driving around.

Most of the really amazing high rise roof tops are located along Sukhumwit rd.

Is 400m up Soi 8 a "sleazy" area? 

Forget him. He makes bets then renigs. Low integrity person.