Trump dubbed ‘coward’ for skipping GOP debate for interview with Tucker Carlson

Social Media

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That makes no sense. So if he doesn't participate, then what? He's kept off ballots? 

In the US presidential debates are not mandatory to party nomination.

Typically, in the US a political party conducts either a presidential preference primary voted by state-recognized registered party members or caucuses that may be closed only to registered party members or open regardless of any party affiliation. From each state then the successful nominee of a party is offered for nomination in typically a national party convention. These party conventions have their own guidelines, rules and provisions to decide the final nomination by convention delegates. 

See https://ballotpedia.org for each state's process.

However, the Federal Election Commission (FEC) has regulations that govern how individuals seeking to become national convention delegates.

See https://www.fec.gov

PS: foreign involvement is not (theoretically) allowed.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

Apart from Christie if they asked the rest of the Republican nominees " do you agree is Trump a cowardly no good self serving criminal " you would see more squirming than a worm on a hook.

If they can not stand up and say what's needed to be said step aside and let your hero go unchallenged 

The same can be said for you know who.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

Sorry I don't know who at a guess I assume Biden?.

If it is as far as I know no challengers so they are taking that advice 

Far as can see there's 2 others running, Williamson and Kennedy. I know biden won;t debate, no upside.

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Far as can see there's 2 others running, Williamson and Kennedy. I know biden won;t debate, no upside.

The party rules state that candidates must first reach a minimum threshold before they can join the debate, neither of these wingnuts have a chance of ever reaching it, so there will be no (D)ebates.

Edited by clokwise

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

You are quite right I did not know he had anyone in opposition. 

Nevertheless all the Republican challengers will not openly criticise trump on virtually anything ???? so if they think he did a perfect job how can they do it better it's time they grew a pair of using your words you know what 

• Like 1

Using the excuse of no need to debate because he is so far ahead is nothing but a thinly veiled excuse. He would get ripped to shreds on a debate stage with Mr. Christie. Even by not attending, he will get ripped to shreds. There's lots to rip!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awww don’t worry about Donnie he’s going to bunker down with the man nanny tucker Carlson were he can safely throw tantrums cry lie and blubber like the toddler man he is then his pal tuckie can sooth his hurt feelings and tuck him in for a nappy 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

No one dislikes that <self deleted><self deleted><self deleted><self deleted> more than I do, but I have to admit it is a wise move. There is NO benefit in participating. His intentionally ignorant sheep would follow him through the gates of hell if he told them to. Of course, he'd say, "You go first and I'll be right behind."

As well, since he has such mindless spew that flows freely from his gaping maw, he could easily have said something that could be used against him in a court of law.

The good news is he doesn't have a chance to win the general election. His gutless retraction of the offer to publicly announce the "evidence" that would have completely exonerated him is like crying "wolf" one too many times (just like the My Pillow guy, remember?). He is losing Independents' support on a daily basis, and gaining no new voters amongst the Republicans. It's a sad testament to how short-sighted the majority of voters are.

And a shock to see how many have no hesitation to vote for a proven continuous long-term liar. All the time scamming the poor of the US.

He's always whinging and playing the victim.  Am I suppose to believe the rural folk are ok with this?   He's coming off like a wimp.  This ain't gonna play well in the places that refuse to sell Bud Light.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

You are quite right I did not know he had anyone in opposition. 

Nevertheless all the Republican challengers will not openly criticise trump on virtually anything ???? so if they think he did a perfect job how can they do it better it's time they grew a pair of using your words you know what 

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/asa-hutchinson-i-will-prosecute-trump-at-the-debate-whether-he-s-there-or-not-191148613887

• Like 1