Awaiting arrest, ex-Prime Minister Thaksin returns to Thailand amidst political unrest

webfact

Time to leave this country definitely it's time to start running get your wife your permanent residency visa for your country and get the hell out of here what a waste of breath to live in Thailand

On 8/19/2023 at 5:34 AM, hotchilli said:

Mosquitoes come with the territory.. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

So far none of the key leaders that lead the crusades against Thaksin have spoken against his return. Songdhi, Chamlong, Somkiat, Suthep, Akanat, Sathit from PAD and PDRC respectively and whom they vowed to overthrow the Thaksin regime and even the Bangkok yellow shirts have remained tight lip. General Sonti who staged the first coup against Thaksin supported his return. They all have done their part for the man behind the curtain. Even Prawit is blaming the elite and conservatives for creating a loop of political conflicts with no better outcome than sufferings for the country and its people.Tomorrow will be just another day. Thaksin will return and Sretha will be the PM. 

There was, and still is, the Old Order, seeking to heal its rifts to create/reinforce the Corporate State......which serves only its "Directors".

There is now MFP, pointing to, and eager to work towards, Democracy.

The people now see there is a real difference between the two.........every day the cynical self serving of the elites demonstrates that more convincingly.

Thaksin is the Trojan Horse........neither he nor the others of the Old Order, in their collective hubris, are conscious that he brings the destruction of them all within him.

You do the math.

It is just a matter of time.

Edited by Enoon
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

Mean while while all the attention is on the brother Yingluck will slip into a baggage cart taken away while the vote is happening she will be home already eaten a helping of Somtam extra Sap relaxing in a hot bubble bath. That is my Thai politics 101, meantime as an expat I hope the baht has crashed. ????

I must confess I am strangely disturbed by the image of Yingluck relaxing in a hot bubble bath.

Does anyone know if that bit will be televised?

• Haha 2

I will believe it when I see it. If it happens then it's all theatre and some deal has already been struck. Why he would trust them is another matter. I believe he will be staying at Room 101 at the Sheraton. I will order the popcorn just in case. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

This is also what I wonder about?

Does anybody believe even one word of what comes out of their mouths?

It's coincidence that he comes back on the same day of the PM election.

In case the PM won't be elected it will also be coincidence that he doesn't come on that day.

He wants to take care of his grandchildren - in the prison cell?

He has nothing to do with PT and Thai politics.

Bla bla bla - nobody even tries to make up somehow believable excuses.

hmmm  I predict ,   ...   no Pm vote concluded .  and a delay due to "weather conditions "

6 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

So !

The headline is false info

He has not yet returned

anticipate

ăn-tĭs′ə-pāt″

intransitive verb

1. To see as a probable occurrence; expect.
  2. To think of (a future event) with pleasure; look forward to.
  3. To deal with beforehand; act so as to mitigate, nullify, or prevent: synonym: expect.

1 hour ago, johnc925 said:

Hasn't the 10-year statute of limitations already run out? Seems they've already got their legal strategy planned out.

There's no limit on corruption convictions/charges. 

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, anchadian said:

Thaksin arriving at approx 0900hrs, voting for PM approx 1700hrs.

I find that impossible for Thaksin to cancel his trip, if the new PM is not elected,

The deal must be sealed pretty well, what will happen to yingluck is anyone's guess, and the word pardon hasn't been mentioned in the return details, but I'm sure it's all arranged, maybe yingluck will get one as well, she will probably wait in Singapore for the jet to return, her turn will come later maybe. 

9 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

juntas never give ti to democracy its like garlic to a ...............................

This coalition is junta combined with so called democracy, it might last 6 months, but Thaksin will be back to look after the grandkids. 

Then you'll have grandad and uncles running LOS

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, bannork said:

' No deal has been made before he returns' Paetongtan says 

She also said Thaksin's return had nothing to do with the proposed vote for Settha as PM.

She also said prior the election that PT would never join with Pravit and Prayuth's parties..

Does she realise no one believes the nonsense she talks?

She also insisted he was coming back earlier, 10th I think, and got a bit stroppy when it was suggested he wouldn't, which he didn't. 

15 hours ago, Red Forever said:

Remember also that beneficiaries of her, imo unwise, amnesty bill would have been Suthep and Abhisit.

I think that was the deal. It was a while ago so I may be wrong. Amnesty for Thaksin in exchange for amnesty for Abhisit and Suthep. I think they refused an amnesty as they said they didn't need it. They already had immunity under the emergency decree they invoked during the Red Shirt protests. That decree was pushed through with little parliamentary scrutiny by Thaksin himself. Abhisit and Suthep turned that down as well. 

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Try doing a search on the Kings Guard of Thailand, and see how many military and police units are under his control.

You've missed my point but not appropriate to discuss further.