Best option to stay less than 3 months

For me it's 30-day visa free walk in every 30-days. Quick Vietnam visits between.

That way no any kind of proof of paid hotels, health insurance, etc.

My prepaid return flight is flexible so if needed I can escape sooner.

I rather fly to Vietnam than walk to Jomtien torture chamber...

Welcome!

• Like 1

I have the cheapest flight reservation back to Vietnam which I cancel as soon as I get into a plane.

OR; I have a free flight booked on Airline Miles which can be cancelled and points redeposited.

OR; when you buy a ticket in any EU country (works only on the net buys) you always have 14 days to cancel w/o any fees (something good to be EU member...).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, London Lowf said:

Assuming that rules for USA are the same as the UK, the SETV is valid for entry to Thailand for 90 days (not 3 months) from date of issue.

So if I count back 90 days from my arrival in BKK, that should be the day to apply for the SETV.  Figuring it might take anywhere from 1-6 weeks to process my application, based on what I've heard.

2 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

So if I count back 90 days from my arrival in BKK, that should be the day to apply for the SETV.

Yes .

The visa has an issue date and "enter before" date which is 3 months.

Applying 3 months early is overkill but clearly you understand how is works.. 

Couple of months is fine

On 8/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, GypsyT said:

For me it's 30-day visa free walk in every 30-days. Quick Vietnam visits between.

That way no any kind of proof of paid hotels, health insurance, etc.

My prepaid return flight is flexible so if needed I can escape sooner.

I rather fly to Vietnam than walk to Jomtien torture chamber...

Welcome!

I get 2-3 Jomtien 30 day extensions a year. Very simple and quick process and at 1900 baht much cheaper than your Vietnam trips 

To the OP, I just got a single entry tourist visa for 1350 baht that will give me 60 days + I'll get the 30 day extension for 1900 baht to give me 90 days very easily

Edited by Pattaya57

13 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

So if I count back 90 days from my arrival in BKK, that should be the day to apply for the SETV.  Figuring it might take anywhere from 1-6 weeks to process my application, based on what I've heard.

But bear in mind that the date of issue is Day #1, not Day #0, but no need to cut it that fine as per DrJack54.

Likewise, date of arrival is also Day #1 - I got caught out by this recently and inadvertantly over-stayed by one day.