Thaksin Has Arrived At Don Mueang Airport

webfact

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yesterday's man.  Time for Thailand to Move Forward.

Next election will be landslide for MFP.  PT has lost much of their mandate by selling out.  It is probably the best outcome that MFP is in opposition...lets see what happens when the tenure of the junta senators is up.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Next election will be landslide for MFP.  PT has lost much of their mandate by selling out.  It is probably the best outcome that MFP is in opposition...lets see what happens when the tenure of the junta senators is up.

After Thaksin makes Thailand great again 

Voters might not remember MFP anymore 

It will be landslide victory for Thaksin ala TRT days

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, JemJem said:

I don't know about his hatred of foreigners, but one policy that I really hated under his reign was the implementation of the 2 am curfew thing for nightlife venues. I think that happened either in 2000 or 2001. And, to this day, it sadly stands, with a few exceptions.

Like many others here, I also think he will get a pardon in the near future. 

Indeed, he wouldn't have come back if he really had to go to jail. He's been given the heads up. 

Indeed,  although I wouldn't do so now, I used to enjoy staying in Sukhumvit bars like Thermae until daylight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crazykopite said:

As a fugitive he should be incarcerated in prison but as rumoured a deal has been done and with that in mind I expect the court Will  place him under house arrest 

At least he had the btl to return not like that murdering red bull heir.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

I don't recall that. 

I do recall many countries offered serious immediate help and aid, massive equipment, medical, plans equipment materials funds to rebuild verylarge numbers of houses, hospitals etc., and more. He arogantly rejected all along with 'we don't need help Thailand is not a poor country, go away'. 

No Thaksin said get rid of the flooded water from the Airport and runways and get air transport moving.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Amazing Thailand.  The only people who did not get a spot at the trough were the ones who won the election. What a dumpster fire this country has become.

What a dumpster fire this country has become. continues to be, as it has been for decades....

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

After Thaksin makes Thailand great again 

Voters might not remember MFP anymore 

It will be landslide victory for Thaksin ala TRT days

...............................all I have to do is dream! ????

36 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. And it was the opposite of what the people voted for. Anything but change, reform, and forward movement. Maintain the status quo, at all costs. A tragic day in Thailand. 

But predictable! :jap:

What are the chances that come next May, when the Senators right to vote for a PM ceases,  PM Srettha resigns, allowing Thaksin to enter the fray and be voted in as new PM?    That of course assumes he is first freed/pardoned for his perceived sins

Edited by prakhonchai nick

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. And it was the opposite of what the people voted for. Anything but change, reform, and forward movement. Maintain the status quo, at all costs. A tragic day in Thailand. 

I would agree but add that it could be the start of something positive. Revamping the rigged senate will be a good start and should negate the debacle what was just played out. 

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well I got that wrong, didn't expect him to come under current circumstances... something, I suspect, has been arranged. 

Not been in the gaol 24hrs yet and I hear he needs to be taken out to a hospital.... other prisoners don't get so 'lucky'.......

22 hours ago, retarius said:

I'm shocked. I don't know if it is a great move because he's a pretty decisive character and apart from Trump I cannot think of another leader that is loathed so much, and the loathers will never change their mind. I remember when this board was filled with Thaksin loathers, they were obsessed, demonised. 

Having said that loads of people love him for what he achieved during office in the aftermath of the financial meltdown. Apart from Yingluck I can't think of anyone who did anything for Thailand. Ok Prayut has ordered some motorways....but they were supposed to be finished and opened in 2020....we're 3 years late and no where near finished. 

Like Trump, he is loved by as many as hate him.

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

"Has been absent (Banished) from Thailand since ???? Will that count as time served in lieu?". 

Wrong! He wasn't banished, he fled, his decision and at the same time he reniged on his promise to return to LOS after attending the Olympic Games.  

If my memory serves me correctly he were about to address the UN when told of the coup.  Also advised on his return he would be arrested on charges made up by the Jaunta, no country in the World would arrest him. 

Would you return to a place where your incarceration is 100% guaranteed on charges no other country seen fit to have you arrested.

I am no fan of Thaksin, just a fan of due process, you do know this Jaunta has given themselves a blanket immunity to any wrongdoing past, present.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tmd5855 said:

If my memory serves me correctly he were about to address the UN when told of the coup.  Also advised on his return he would be arrested on charges made up by the Jaunta, no country in the World would arrest him. 

Would you return to a place where your incarceration is 100% guaranteed on charges no other country seen fit to have you arrested.

I am no fan of Thaksin, just a fan of due process, you do know this Jaunta has given themselves a blanket immunity to any wrongdoing past, present.

And future, however if someone with the B a l l s comes along that could be changed, just as the prior mob changed things to suit their agenda. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mansell said:

He arrived in his private GulfStream jet. Man, if I had that kind of money I would have swung low across the airport and kept going.

I have my pick of the world……crazy man!

My guess is that "Tony" has no plans to spend time in a Thai prison.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Did England treat him well when exiled.  If yes,  then he should start to like falang,  or if England treated him like a crook,  then not. 

Well they harboured him, not extraditing him back to Thailand. I think they eventually refused him a visa

17 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Did England treat him well when exiled.  If yes,  then he should start to like falang,  or if England treated him like a crook,  then not. 

Have you forgotten that Khun Thaksin bought Manchester City in 2007 Time Machine so i guess he likes in the UK. So does his sister who met our late queen.

8 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Have you forgotten that Khun Thaksin bought Manchester City in 2007 Time Machine so i guess he likes in the UK. So does his sister who met our late queen.

I heard he was pi$$ed the 'laddies' lost the Final!! ????

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

But then he was forced to sell it I believe and kicked out.  They didnt want to be seen as helping Thaksin while torturing Julian Assange. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

The English Football Association declared him an "Unfit and proper" person to run/own a football team.  Makes me smile when people who have done time for selling drugs, cold shouldered by the "City of London", bankrupts and wife beaters are passed as fit and proper.

The UK government did not get involved so hope English ex-pats are not in any crosshairs.