Thaksin helicoptered to Police Hospital at 3am after feeling ill says Department of Corrections

webfact

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Good luck Thaksin.

A friend of mine was taken there when he had been shot.

He died after being there for 9 hours.

When I went to collect his body and pay the bill, it was only for bandages.

No surgery, no doctors fees. etc.

He had been left to slowly die on a trolley in a corridor.

Thai prisons could not care less if you are very sick - I know through having to fly from Australia to help a Thai friend receive medical treatment for what was TB. That said, it's a bit farcical that Thaksin becomes ill enough to be removed to hospital less than 24 hours after being detained. 

6 minutes ago, mokwit said:

It's good to know Thai prisons have helicopters on standby to airlift any inmate who gets sick to hospital.

Also good to know they have access to wifi to keep in touch with family and friends. And laptops and phones.

26 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

Try business mongul telecoms tycoon 

Yes from Deputy head of the Thai Police making roughly 500,000 bht a year, to Dollar billionaire .All above board LOL

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BoganInParasite said:

Thinking much easier to quietly put him up in a VVIP suite in a military type hospital. Part of a larger script I'm sure.

Sure:

Step 1: Sentenced after a '5 minute' hearing to 8 years in jail, registered into klong prem...

Step 2: Less than 24 hrs, sick, helicopter ride to outside hospital...

Step 3: ??? perhaps admitted to a VIP room...

Sure it's a plan.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, VillageIdiot said:

In recent candid photos he looks ghastly.

Definitely has health issues.

Maybe that prompted his return.

Certainly, if he has chronic health issues, which may be life threatening, it is possible he has decided to return for whatever time he has left, particularly if they are conditions which may be managed but not cured.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

Thaksin Moved to Police Hospital Due to Illness

image.jpeg

BANGKOK, Aug 23 (TNA) – Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was transferred to hospital as he had high blood pressure on the first night in jail after his return from exile.

Mr. Ayuth Sintoppant, Director-General of the Corrections Department confirmed Mr. Thaksin had insomnia and a recurring illness with high blood pressure and was sent to be treated at Police General Hospital last night. He needed to be treated under close medical supervision at hospital where correctional officers were dispatched to provide security.

The Corrections Department later issued a statement, saying Thaksin also had chest tightness and low blood oxygen level. Due to a lack of advanced medical equipment at the Corrections Department Hospital, doctors agreed to refer Mr. Thaksin who has a heart disease to Police General Hospital.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1227172

-- TNA-MCOT 2023-08-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I suggest Amlodipine 5mg, once a day after a meal. ....There fixed it for you!

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, VillageIdiot said:

Don't kid yourself, Srettha is just another sock-puppet of the Shinawatra Clan.

Sorry for being a bit off topic here, but I have lived in Thailand since the democratically elected former PM was in power.

Recently it was said he doubled the amount of money that had to be in an expats bank account  to live here. Can anyone really confirm this as I have never heard this in all the years I have been here.  

I have never in my life put any 400,000 or 800,000 Baht in any Thai bank account to live here, and I'm an expat.

All I had to do was have a nice day out every 90 days for a border stamp.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

555 Because he was once a policeman. 

The umh, division in views on Mr Thaksin between the Police and the Army is quite well known. He, and those responsible for him, may well have felt that he was safer in police custody. That may also explain the helicopter.

Expanding a bit on those musings, once the pardon is granted then he is "safe", but until then there may be those who think it may be worth taking a punt on eliminating him.  The police would be aware of that and therefore are keen to keep him in their custody.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

They think we are fools this is all part of the plan in a few days weeks we will read he has been released from prison on medical grounds he will lay low for a few months and will come out with some statement thanking doctors for the miraculous recovery they managed to do on him . I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during all these negotiations I wonder how long it will be before his sister will be allowed to return !

How long does it take to weigh 1 billion baht? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

all going according to plan I suppose.  next is home detention,   then pardon,   and it's back to square one again :intheclub:

If there is any justice the unelected last PM will also eventually land in Jail. I am not saying that Thaksin deserves to be in jail as I do not know enough about him, but I sure know how things were between 2014 and now.