How should I deal with a very persistent Thai male?

bob smith

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

I have this thai acquaintance that i know through mrs smith.

He came into my life about 5 years ago or so.

first time i met him I could sense something wasnt quite right about him and in fact after our first meeting i told my wife that i didnt want him to come to our house again.

mrs smith was adamant that he was OK and I should give him another shot.

so i did.

Since then i have blocked him/ceased contact with him on numerous occasions but he always seems to wriggle his way back into my life somehow. Sometimes he shows up at my house totally unannounced, beers in hand.

its hard because his wife works with mrs smith so I cant remove him completely.

He is a bit of a nutcase i think

some of the stuff he comes out with beggars belief when hes had a drink.

To be honest im bored of him but i know that even if i block all contact one day he will just show up at my door again.

do people like this never get the message?

what should i do?

Should i tell him to his face that i hate him or just continue to placate him when he arrives at my house uninvited and milk him for everything he has got?

he claims that he likes farang but when he is drunk you can see the jealousy/envy/animosity in his eyes.

he is of Thai chinese heritage. 

another thing is he likes to copy me. the way i look/dress/act etc. its as if he is a doppleganger. 

what motivates such people?

Its a tricky one....

What extraordinary problems pursue you. AN is your preferred platform to find solutions? 

I am genuinely concerned about you...

1 minute ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

None of this happened, you're a serial liar Bob.

What is your problem, seriously? Is your life so devoid of excitement and meaning that "making up stupid stories on the internet" is a chronic-passtime for you?

You're so frickin' weird. Please have another drink and pass out already ????

what is your problem?

• Haha 1

None of this happened, you're a serial liar Bob.

What is your problem, seriously? Is your life so devoid of excitement and meaning that "making up stupid stories on the internet" is a chronic-passtime for you?

You're so frickin' weird. Please have another drink and pass out already ????

Best not to assume, because like all of life, you never know when someone is telling the truth, lying, or just trying to raise a few hackles.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

My problem is that you're a huge Jester who makes up stories on the internet to try usually to try impress other men.(??? Why??)

why are you posting then on apparently made up stories?

You seem unequivocally impressed!

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

My problem is that you're a huge Jester who makes up stories on the internet, usually to try to impress other men.(??? Why??)

Jester?...  kind of agree... 

Makes up stories?... possibly, yet there is an element of feasibility in the self-inflicted ridiculousness which bob regularly faces.

To impress others?... even the most deranged of minds could not imagine that such tales could possibly be impressive to anyone... I don't buy that he's attempting to impress anyone, I just buy into the idea that bob smith is somewhat of a walking train-wreck. 

Nevertheless, I see no malice in his posts. Even with his ridiculousness, he seems a nicer character than some on here (perhaps myself included). 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Jester?...  kind of agree... 

Makes up stories?... possibly, yet there is an element of feasibility in the self-inflicted ridiculousness which bob regularly faces.

To impress others?... even the most deranged of minds could not imagine that such tales could possibly be impressive to anyone... I don't buy that he's attempting to impress anyone, I just buy into the idea that bob smith is somewhat of a walking train-wreck. 

Nevertheless, I see no malice in his posts. Even with his ridiculousness, he seems a nicer character than some on here (perhaps myself included). 

Fair assessment, you're a lot more forgiving of fools than I am.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

It's extremely apparent it's made up because all of his posts and "stories" are. 

He just gets drunk all the time and makes up crap on here, all the time. Just take a quick peek into his topic history; just all made up nonsense, such as getting kicked out of a bar by a mama-san for suggesting that a woman pay for her own drinks?? I'm sure in Bob Smith's drunk mind, this was a believable story, but it's extremely apparent he's like that one co-worker or acquaintance who just makes up every detail of their fascinating life to try and seem more impressive or interesting.

I've been around long enough, and lived in big city areas all of my life, around thousands of different people of all races and creeds, until now, to know what people do to try and impress others. They say they exercise, when they're always at home eating, or eat healthy, and crave junk food all day long., and are obese. Some make up stories because they know certain people they don't like will respond to them, and they sit back laughing, "got ya". A lot assume all farangs are fat drunks that sit in bars all day and answer on their phones because no one's around for them to talk to.  Some of us are fit, social drinkers who eat healthy, don't smoke or cheat on their wives. One thing you can be sure of, you never know anyone that well, even if you see them every day of the week.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I've been around long enough, and lived in big city areas all of my life, around thousands of different people of all races and creeds, until now, to know what people do to try and impress others. They say they exercise, when they're always at home eating, or eat healthy, and crave junk food all day long., and are obese. Some make up stories because they know certain people they don't like will respond to them, and they sit back laughing, "got ya". A lot assume all farangs are fat drunks that sit in bars all day and answer on their phones because no one's around for them to talk to.  Some of us are fit, social drinkers who eat healthy, don't smoke or cheat on their wives. One thing you can be sure of, you never know anyone that well, even if you see them every day of the week.

He's an admitted alcoholic though and constantly talks about drinking before evening on weekdays.. 

Made up stories 100%, or he is suffering from alcoholism related hallucinations.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

he is of Thai chinese heritage. he likes to copy me. the way i look/dress/act etc. its as if he is a doppleganger. 

This is the side-by-side photo meme the world is gagging to see.

I tell people I need lie down and meditate.

In your case, Bob, I suggest invoking The Power of Prayer.

Also, pretend you need to be at a webinar. I don't know what a webinar is exactly. Gotta be a minimum two dozen imaginary webinars I have needed to attend, often suddenly. 

Webinar Subject: Crypto. Not the currency, just the word.

Edited by LaosLover
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

It's extremely apparent it's made up because all of his posts and "stories" are. 

He just gets drunk all the time and makes up crap on here, all the time. Just take a quick peek into his topic history; just all made up nonsense, such as getting kicked out of a bar by a mama-san for suggesting that a woman pay for her own drinks?? I'm sure in Bob Smith's drunk mind, this was a believable story, but it's extremely apparent he's like that one co-worker or acquaintance who just makes up every detail of their fascinating life to try and seem more impressive or interesting.

Hey, leave Bob alone. Does he bother you? Really think you can start throwing your weight around here newbie hombre.

• Thanks 1

He's an admitted alcoholic though and constantly talks about drinking before evening on weekdays.. 

Made up stories 100%, or he is suffering from alcoholism related hallucinations.

Like I said, you never know what or who a person here is until you actually meet them in person, and spend some quality time with them. I've always been honest here about who and what I am, but that doesn't mean anyone will believe me. At least not until we sat together and talked awhile. Some might not like to be corrected, argued with, or found out and get angry against someone because of it, then look at all of their posts as lies. An admitted alcoholic might be someone who's never drank an ounce, but is stirring things up to get a laugh or a response. Like your handle, Handsome Tall Farang. You might be a short, chubby Thai local , a handsome tall farang or someone with a huge ego. I've watched what a lot of people say here, and some of it is plain BS, some is legitimate and some is downright wrong, although to them it is right. Some post things just to see others argue against it, even though they know they're posting nonsense. Some post things to help others, and some to hurt. There are surely those that live in England, Japan, New Caledonia, Portugal, Nova Scotia or Devil's Island, and say they're in Pattaya.. or Mae Sot. You just never know.

• Haha 1

I've had village acquaintances show up at my house drunk.  I drink on occasion but it's been a loooong time since I've gotten drunk.  However, Thai guys don't seem to know when to stop.  Then the inhibition go down and they show up on your door-step smelling like a distillery.

I did it the Thai way - indirectly.  I let my wife know to tell villagers that I don't want drunks showing up at the house.  Sober?  Happy to talk - but?  Sober guys don't show up.  I haven't had that problem for a few years now.  Plus our pack of nine dogs tend to dissuade casual visitors.  We added to the pack after it become known that my wife worked with police to get the local monk busted on yaba charges.  Opss!

2 minutes ago, connda said:

We added to the pack after it become known that my wife worked with police to get the local monk busted on yaba charges

local monk. yabba charges.

wow.

dont tell handsumtall he might think you are making it up! ???? 

2 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

If it is made up, it's still more entertaining than your made up stories, pal. 

...and yet here you are, commenting on my thread.

best be careful handsome, people will say we are in love ???? 

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

when he is drunk you can see the jealousy/envy/animosity in his eyes.

Are you sure that burning passion in his eyes isn't sexual yearning? He may be afraid to make an overt pass at you out of fear it'll get back to his wife. One way to get to the bottom of this (no pun intended) would be to Invite him along on your next camping trip. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I too have the same problem with a young and voluptuous lady who will not leave me alone, any ideas as how to keep her away from me?

I can come and give you a hand if you think it will help ????

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Phones do have video capabilities, or might you not be that updated?The term videotaping is still used, even on phones

No, when using a phone or digital camera, you simply VIDEO it.

I know it's a bit like using the word 'footage' or sometimes on telly they say 'Roll the tape'

No need for the sarcastic insult Mr Wiggy please.

6 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

No, when using a phone or digital camera, you simply VIDEO it.

I know it's a bit like using the word 'footage' or sometimes on telly they say 'Roll the tape'

No need for the sarcastic insult Mr Wiggy please.

I was just responding to what I saw as also a sarcastic reply. Not an insult. It's still referred to videotaping by many, although it can be either. No tape involved, no film, but still in the minds of many. This is an answer one made..............

We still say “turn on” the light even though light switches are no longer rotary. (I’ve heard that this goes back further to gas lamps with rotary valves.)

We still say “redial” for repeating a phone call, even though telephones no longer have dials.

We still say “tape” for recording a TV show, even though the tape-based VCR is obsolete.

“Film” is a shorter, simpler word than “record” or even “video”, and it implies a “voice and video” recording like with a film camera, even though most of us have never owned or used a “video film” camera in our lives. I barely remember the days of 8mm and 16mm amateur recording and I’m on the far side of 45.

But it’s been going on for a long time. We refer to a collection of music as an “album”, even though it’s been on one CD or LP record - it goes back to the days of a stack of 72rpm records (with one song each) forming a collection, being stored in a binder with pockets in each page for each record, much like a “photo album” had pockets for individual photos. The LP record (33–1/3 rpm) has been around for over 70 years - at 23 minutes per side, that gave your typical artist anywhere between 11 and 15 songs (at 3–4 minutes each).

Edited by fredwiggy