What on earth is TM30 ?!

10 minutes ago, Brock said:

Here is the TM30 in PDF fill in format. attached is a guide to filling in the form. The form can be filled in on a computer, saved and printed. Only the first 2 pages need to be printed and handed in to Immigration.

TM30-Fill in and Guide.pdf 554.95 kB · 0 downloads

This is useful to be able to fill it in and print it off. Where did you get the soft-copy from? Do you have an "Extension of Stay" form in soft-copy format too? Thanks

16 hours ago, Surasak said:

Been here over 20 years and never had to submit a TM30. If we go to stay out of province or any hotel, my wife checks us in and I have never been asked for my passport. Also have never been asked for a TM30 at Immigration. What is the problem?

Yes same here........ Detached house had build in 2003

March 2013 doing my 90 day report they Immigration wanted the house owners i.d. copy and House book and copy. drove home and got it [always have copies in draw] 

got 90 day report + another same size slip stapled in Passport,  always keep that 2nd slip in Passport, still in new passport [5 years ago] + new 90 day report every 90 days, never been asked for a TM30  or any questions about TM30

Have asked before on here a few years ago, but just as confused there was many different answers,  appears the TM 30 last for life it you do not move ??   never had any questions asked on yearly extensions so just let sleeping dog be as they say.....

Likewise stay out of province or any hotel, my partner checks us in never shown my passport in 20 years

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, bbko said:

A TM 30 should be filed with the IO soon after arriving in Thailand.  I'm married to my Thai wife and she owns the house we stay in, within a few days of me returning (after the Covid lock out) I went to Jomtien IO with copies of her house book, ID card and a few other copies I can't recall now (my passport/visa?) Then a few months later I applied for my extension based on marriage.

Thanks same situation as me, just that i had never heard (rememberd) of a TM 30 form!!

1. แจ้งภายใน 24 นับแต่คนต่างด้าวเข้าพักอาศัย
MUST NOTIFY WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE TIME OF ARRIVING AT THE RESIDENCE
2. ในเขตกรุงเทพมหานคร ให้แจ้งต่อกองตรวจคนเข้าเมือง
MUST NOTIFY THE IMMIGRATION DIVISION IF LOCATED WITNIN BANGKOK AREA
3. ในต่างจังหวัดให้แจ้งต่อด่านตรวจคนเข้าเมืองที่ตั้งอยู่หากไม่มีให้แจ้งต่อเจ้าพนักงานตํารวจท้องที่
MUST NOTIFY THE LOCAL IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF THERE IS NO IMMIGRATION
OFFICE LICATED IN THAT AREA THE LOCAL POLICE OFFICIAN MUST BE NOTIFIED

- Makes me feel good. Somebody's as bad in English spelling as me ????

Yeah, Immigration chewed my wife out because she didn't file a TM-30 when I came back to Thailand last year.

They stapled something to a page in my passport, doesn't say "TM-30" on it and it's mostly in Thai.

RECEPT OF NOTIFICATION OF ALIEN STAY

Has anyone tried using this service to file your TM-30?  It's free for now...

https://tm30.io/price?gclid=CjwKCAjwoqGnBhAcEiwAwK-OkUmtJL_goCnhvqLhdowIuQDKJYLJzn3zmCcptR6uv_SqWOpjwkFqfRoCt4AQAvD_BwE

Just like Microsoft created an entire industry of companies who wrote software making it easier to use Windows it appears like entrepreneurs on Koh Phangan are trying to make it easier to navigate Thai beauracracy.  They obviously know how to do SEO because a link to their website was the first thing that came up after searching "TM-30 Thailand".

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Yeah, Immigration chewed my wife out because she didn't file a TM-30 when I came back to Thailand last year.

They stapled something to a page in my passport, doesn't say "TM-30" on it and it's mostly in Thai.

RECEPT OF NOTIFICATION OF ALIEN STAY

Has anyone tried using this service to file your TM-30?  It's free for now...

https://tm30.io/price?gclid=CjwKCAjwoqGnBhAcEiwAwK-OkUmtJL_goCnhvqLhdowIuQDKJYLJzn3zmCcptR6uv_SqWOpjwkFqfRoCt4AQAvD_BwE

Just like Microsoft created an entire industry of companies who wrote software making it easier to use Windows it appears like entrepreneurs on Koh Phangan are trying to make it easier to navigate Thai bureaucracy.  They obviously know how to do SEO because a link to their website was the first thing that came up after searching "TM-30 Thailand".

That TM30.io website clarely states at the bottom that it is not the official website of the Immigration Bureau or the Royal Police. We provide a commercial service which submits TM30 forms automatically on your behalf, making the process much easier.

It is clearly not a 'kosher' operation. 

#1 - If you are a tourist and simply need a TM-30 notification to apply for a short-term extension of stay, you can just ask the Hotel/guesthouse where you are staying to provide you with a copy of the TM-30 notification that the Hotel needs need to make in order to comply with Thai legislation.  Or alternatively, e.g. if you are staying with friends, you simply book a cheap hotel-room for the night preceding your application, and ask for that notification.

> So, the TM30 notification that website will provide you, is not from a Hotel/Guesthouse where you are staying, and might be turned down by Immigration when showing it.   

#2 - And for sure that website will not be able to provide you with a genuine TM-30 notification when you want to stay long-term in Thailand and need proof of your address to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  The website ONLY asks you to upload your Passport details, while for such Non Imm O Visa application, you would need - depending on the case - also a copy of the rental/lease contract, copy of the house-book and signed front/back copy of the owner of the premises,

> As the website does not requires you to upload those documents, they will not be able to provide a genuine TM-30 notification, and it will spell trouble when you go to Immigration. 

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That TM30.io website clarely states at the bottom that it is not the official website of the Immigration Bureau or the Royal Police. We provide a commercial service which submits TM30 forms automatically on your behalf, making the process much easier.

It is clearly not a 'kosher' operation. 

#1 - If you are a tourist and simply need a TM-30 notification to apply for a short-term extension of stay, you can just ask the Hotel/guesthouse where you are staying to provide you with a copy of the TM-30 notification that the Hotel needs need to make in order to comply with Thai legislation.  Or alternatively, e.g. if you are staying with friends, you simply book a cheap hotel-room for the night preceding your application, and ask for that notification.

> So, the TM30 notification that website will provide you, is not from a Hotel/Guesthouse where you are staying, and might be turned down by Immigration when showing it.   

#2 - And for sure that website will not be able to provide you with a genuine TM-30 notification when you want to stay long-term in Thailand and need proof of your address to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa.  The website ONLY asks you to upload your Passport details, while for such Non Imm O Visa application, you would need - depending on the case - also a copy of the rental/lease contract, copy of the house-book and signed front/back copy of the owner of the premises,

> As the website does not requires you to upload those documents, they will not be able to provide a genuine TM-30 notification, and it will spell trouble when you go to Immigration. 

Like many other people have noted, this wasn't enforced in the past.

Immigration told my wife she could register online.

And if you look at the Google translation of the official Immigration webpage, they do include "and the entrepreneur" in the list of Hotel, Guesthouses, Apartments, Landlords, etc who can file a TM-30 (online).

This company makes it easy to register online because their software keeps trying if the Immigration webpage is not responding.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1660

But yes, I found it odd that the TM-30 registration website doesn't ask for your address.

Is it a scam to steal your passport?

Will there be a Nigerian man walking down Khaosan Road with a fake passport after you "register" with this service?!?!? ????

Screenshot_20230826_145317_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by SiSePuede419

14 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Like many other people have noted, this wasn't enforced in the past.

Immigration told my wife she could register online.

And if you look at the Google translation of the official Immigration webpage, they do include "and the entrepreneur" in the list of Hotel, Guesthouses, Apartments, Landlords, etc who can file a TM-30 (online).

This company makes it easy to register online because their software keeps trying if the Immigration webpage is not responding.

https://www.immigration.go.th/?page_id=1660

Screenshot_20230826_145317_Chrome~2.jpg

You are talking about registering the address where you are staying.  That can be done on the official IO TM-30 website.  When you are staying in the house which is on the  name of your wife, she (or you, on her behalf) can register the premises.  In that case it's a matter of uploading a signed copy of the house-book and a signed front/back copy of the Thai ID-card of your wife.  Once that has been done and after approval by local Immigration, she (or you) will receive a username:password that will allow her (or you) to notify local Immigration of any foreigner staying at the premises by issuing an on-line TM-30 notification.

Note: Obviously the Imm Officer was refering to the official IO TM-30 website when telling your wife she could register on-line. 

>> I did sent you a PM with a comprehensive Guideline on how to register the address where you are staying on that official IO TM-30 website, which will then allow you to issue a TM-30 of any foreigner (including yourself) staying at the premises.

Edited by Red Phoenix

On 8/26/2023 at 12:15 PM, mokwit said:

The documents required for a TM30.

Yes that is why I keep that slip of paper in my passport, even if it is over 10 years old, no one has asked for a new one, had plenty of 90 day reports in 10 years + 10 yearly extensions 

3 hours ago, ignis said:

Yes that is why I keep that slip of paper in my passport, even if it is over 10 years old, no one has asked for a new one, had plenty of 90 day reports in 10 years + 10 yearly extensions 

A 90-day report is nothing more than a confirmation from your part that you are still staying at the same official address for which local Immigration has a TM-30 on file.

We moved from Samui to Bangkok, Ekkamai, in July. We were directors of the company that owns our villa in Samui and I set up the TM.30 account and was able to submit TM.30 reports myself online.

Now we're in a rented apartment with a lease. We made sure the landlady knew she had to submit TM.30 and offered to help her set up the account online (and even submit the reports ourselves) however she is old school and spent some time at the immigration office submitting it manually based on my OA entry stamp and health insurance expiring Sept 3.

I border bounced before my OA expired with new health insurance and got a subsequent multiple re-entry permit valid until August 2024. I'm currently in the UK and will return home to Bangkok next week. So, we get to my question... 

Is there any way I can submit a new TM.30 myself without involving the old school landlady? I would dearly love to set up the online account for the house and do it all myself and I've suggested this to her but she doesn't seem to understand what this means. I don't want to be a PITA for her if she has to submit the TM.30s herself in person manually each time I leave Thailand and return if that's what's required. What's the advice in this situation? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, richn4 said:

We moved from Samui to Bangkok, Ekkamai, in July. We were directors of the company that owns our villa in Samui and I set up the TM.30 account and was able to submit TM.30 reports myself online.

Now we're in a rented apartment with a lease. We made sure the landlady knew she had to submit TM.30 and offered to help her set up the account online (and even submit the reports ourselves) however she is old school and spent some time at the immigration office submitting it manually based on my OA entry stamp and health insurance expiring Sept 3.

I border bounced before my OA expired with new health insurance and got a subsequent multiple re-entry permit valid until August 2024. I'm currently in the UK and will return home to Bangkok next week. So, we get to my question... 

Is there any way I can submit a new TM.30 myself without involving the old school landlady? I would dearly love to set up the online account for the house and do it all myself and I've suggested this to her but she doesn't seem to understand what this means. I don't want to be a PITA for her if she has to submit the TM.30s herself in person manually each time I leave Thailand and return if that's what's required. What's the advice in this situation? Thanks.

There is no need to re-submit a new TM30 if you are living in the same address each time you return from overseas.

2 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

There is no need to re-submit a new TM30 if you are living in the same address each time you return from overseas.

That is (officially at least) true if you return on a re-entry permit. If you return with a new entry from a visa, a fresh TM30 notification is required.

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

That is (officially at least) true if you return on a re-entry permit. If you return with a new entry from a visa, a fresh TM30 notification is required.

This is correct.  'richn4' mentioned that he has the multiple re-entry permit.

12 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Pattaya immigration very strict now on TM30   and love fining people without them

Not fining the owners who didn't file then? Not even going after them, pushing the responsibility onto us. Nice 'n' easy.

8 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

This is correct.  'richn4' mentioned that he has the multiple re-entry permit.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'm in the clear then until I get a new OA in August 2024.

Just to confirm, my TM.30 was submitted towards the end of the first year of my OA visa when the entry stamp's expiry date was Sep 3. I subsequently got new health insurance, did a border bounce to give me an entry stamp until August 2024, and last week got a multiple re-entry stamp valid until August 2024. Therefore you're all saying I do not need to submit a new TM.30 until I get a new OA visa in August 2024 even though I was only stamped in as resident until Sep 3 when my residential TM.30 was submitted. Thanks.

1 hour ago, richn4 said:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I'm in the clear then until I get a new OA in August 2024.

Just to confirm, my TM.30 was submitted towards the end of the first year of my OA visa when the entry stamp's expiry date was Sep 3. I subsequently got new health insurance, did a border bounce to give me an entry stamp until August 2024, and last week got a multiple re-entry stamp valid until August 2024. Therefore you're all saying I do not need to submit a new TM.30 until I get a new OA visa in August 2024 even though I was only stamped in as resident until Sep 3 when my residential TM.30 was submitted. Thanks.

Why are you keep applying for OA Visa which requires you to have a 'useless' health insurance? Non-Imm O visa is just fine. No insurance and no police background check required. But remember to submit a new TM30 when you enter with a new visa if you intend to an extension after that.

4 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Why are you keep applying for OA Visa which requires you to have a 'useless' health insurance? Non-Imm O visa is just fine

A Non O-A provides a 2 year stay and does not require funds to be maintained in a Thai bank account.

Suits some folk that visit home country at minimum every two years. 

The insurance is a pain but certainly the non O-A suits some folk. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, richn4 said:

That's correct.  As long as you are on Permissions to stay of the same Non Imm O or O-A Visa, there is no need to re-submit a new TM-30.  That would only be required when you left Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit, applied for a new Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country and then re-entered Thailand on that NEW Visa.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

A Non O-A provides a 2 year stay and does not require funds to be maintained in a Thai bank account.

I understand.  All the inconveniences and hoops to jump over vs 800,000THB in the bank.  Just like those who opt for Elite visa.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This 100%. (a) I do not want to have such money uselessly tied up in a Thai bank account or pay the forex fees both bringing in and taking out such a lump sum. (b) I travel back to the UK twice a year so applying for an O-A in the UK online is a lot easier for me than going through the hoops at an immigration office in Thailand. (c) The annual insurance requirement is not onerous and can be had for a trivial premium from Axa in Thailand with a large excess which I am able to pay if necessary - I mean, on another visa you'd still have to pay for healthcare somehow if necessary.

20 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

I understand.  All the inconveniences and hoops to jump over vs 800,000THB in the bank.  Just like those who opt for Elite visa.

Each to their own. I consider an online application for an O-A that's turned around in a few days by the UK embassy to be significantly more convenient than the alternative and view the hoops and the time it takes for a local application with horror: tying up good money in a local bank account, paying forex fees both into and out of the country on a lump sum, getting approved statements from a bank, getting proofs of TM.30s and 90-day reports, time taken at the immigration office on multiple occasions. I, too, understand that some people enjoy that process. Personally, I enjoy uploading a clearly defined set of docs to a web site and sitting back. But this is off topic to the thread's TM.30 discussion that also fills me with dread. Most of these local Thai processes fill me with dread.

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

That's correct.  As long as you are on Permissions to stay of the same Non Imm O or O-A Visa, there is no need to re-submit a new TM-30.  That would only be required when you left Thailand without a Re-Entry Permit, applied for a new Non Imm O-A Visa in your home-country and then re-entered Thailand on that NEW Visa.

Perfect. Thank you so much for the confirmation. I will not bother our landlady until we renew the lease next August which will coincide with my new O-A.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richn4 said:

Perfect. Thank you so much for the confirmation. I will not bother our landlady until we renew the lease next August which will coincide with my new O-A.

When it has not been done yet, your landlady or yourself as tenant can register the address where you are staying on the IO TM-30 website.  Having done that, the registrar will receive a username:password which will allow him/her to file a TM-30 on-line of any foreigner staying at the premises without the need of having to go in person to the local Imm Office. 

I did sent you PM a comprehensive guideline document outlining how to do this (it's not rocket science, but without clear guidance you could get easily lost in the process). 

• Like 1