Justice Ministry Accused Of Granting Undue Privileges To Thaksin

webfact

9 hours ago, bendejo said:

Undue?  Hey, he's paying good money for those privileges!

Strictly coincidental that those medical problems arose as soon as he set foot in LOS.

Without taking sides was it not reported long before he came back to Thailand he was not in the best of health?

However, I think that "not being able to sleep" does not really count as an illness that the prison hospital was unable to treat, causing him to be transferred to the Police Hospital! I would imagine that ALL prisoners have the same problem on their first night of incarceration! 

Tightness in the chest was a good enough reason on its own if he has a heart problem, but somebody could have thought of a better illness than "insomnia" as a secondary reason!

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Last week the fugitive was celebrating a Birthday party no health issues 

Considering he had to postpone a trip due to health reason just prior to the birthday..

How do you know he had no health issues ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

This is small potatoes when you consider the judiciary allowed a convicted heroin dealer to become a lawmaker, but barred a liberal MP from taking his seat due to stealing a lady's watch 20 years ago.

AND an  Army general/MP who didn't declare a few million baht's worth of watches prior to taking up his position in the Government? Or has that case not been proved yet as he "forgot about them"?

4 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Yeah. It's about time he started giving some of his money back to the people he took it from.

I am always amazed at how all the ills of Thailand are blamed on Thaksin.

Yet nobody blames it on corruption regularly carried out by the military, the police, all departments of the civil service, the monks, abbots and the NOB on a daily basis.

Add that lot together, and it makes Thaksin look like a schoolboy stealing the odd sweeties from a shop.

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

Undue privileges? He's locked up? Can't go where he pleases, what do people want? Blood? Yes Thaksin haters want blood don't they? 

He has been sentenced  to 8 years in jail..... let him at least be treated similarly to others with a similar sentence.  If there are reasons not to, like ill health, let it be dealt with openly.

7 hours ago, Reigntax said:

The paid protestors don’t appear to be the most intelligent looking of the species 

Smart enough to know the election was a farce and they've been screwed again.

Some people are driven to seek justice and some content to sit and watch, or, worse, even criticize them.

• Love It 1

6 hours ago, malibukid said:

let him eat fish head soup

As you obviously don’t know, Thaksin was a very very rich man before entering politics !  He has given more to Thailand than the thieving Military . Lastly, any former president is not thrown into prison , and if he has had special treatment due to health problems ( which he has had for many years) the present illegal government would not take the chance of ignoring a former presidents claims, and possibly putting Thaksin in danger. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Yet nobody blames it on corruption regularly carried out by the military, the police, all departments of the civil service, the monks, abbots and the NOB on a daily basis.

Add that lot together, and it makes Thaksin look like a schoolboy stealing the odd sweeties from a shop.

Hm,...A school boy that is responsible for the deaths of some +/_3000 people !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Who appointed the justice minister? Who cut a deal with PT to be part of this administration? Who thinks a deal was not made in regard to the old man? Of course he is getting special treatment. That was likely part of the deal. Expect the sentence to be commuted. Soon. 

Maybe someone at the very very top!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, geisha said:

As you obviously don’t know, Thaksin was a very very rich man before entering politics !  He has given more to Thailand than the thieving Military . Lastly, any former president is not thrown into prison , and if he has had special treatment due to health problems ( which he has had for many years) the present illegal government would not take the chance of ignoring a former presidents claims, and possibly putting Thaksin in danger. 

A wanted criminal, a liar, a cheat, a defrauder of democracy, a thief, a murderer and an abuser of trust in his past position. Not to mention having a square head. I think I just swallowed a bit of vomit!!!

Edited by bizboi

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

All that you say is true, but remember former US President Truman's motto "The buck stops here" 

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Undue privileges? He's locked up? Can't go where he pleases, what do people want? Blood? Yes Thaksin haters want blood don't they? 

I remember when Thaksin did too!! 3000 victims blood chained up in the back of trucks!!! Sorry to spoil the image of your little semi demi god!! 

2 minutes ago, bizboi said:

I remember when Thaksin did too!! 3000 victims blood chained up in the back of trucks!!! Sorry to spoil the image of your little semi demi god!! 

You know what, I don't give a damn about the 3000 supposed dead drug dealers who were poisoning the youth of Thailand. The broke the law and paid the price.....tough luck to them. End of story. And he's not a Demi-god to me, I'm not even Thai. But I( live in the north east, not pampered Bangkok, and people here tell me that he did more for poor people here in 5 or 6 years than all of the other governments put together since 1932. Why should I believe your opinion about Thaksin over the people who actually benefited from his policies (like extending the electricity grid....my mother in law got electricity in her house in the first year of Thaksin's rule....no-one did it before, I wonder why. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

For any one who want to know the whole true story in an informative and an eye opener details regarding the new PM and Thaksin read here courtesy of CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/23/asia/thailand-explainer-election-prime-minister-intl-hnk/index.html

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

For any one who want to know the whole true story in an informative and an eye opener details regarding the new PM and Thaksin read here courtesy of CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/23/asia/thailand-explainer-election-prime-minister-intl-hnk/index.html

The whole true story courtesy of CNN? Isn’t that an oxymoron?

6 hours ago, retarius said:

You know what, I don't give a damn about the 3000 supposed dead drug dealers who were poisoning the youth of Thailand. The broke the law and paid the price.....tough luck to them. End of story. And he's not a Demi-god to me, I'm not even Thai. But I( live in the north east, not pampered Bangkok, and people here tell me that he did more for poor people here in 5 or 6 years than all of the other governments put together since 1932. Why should I believe your opinion about Thaksin over the people who actually benefited from his policies (like extending the electricity grid....my mother in law got electricity in her house in the first year of Thaksin's rule....no-one did it before, I wonder why. 

'Why should I believe your opinion about Thaksin over the people who actually benefited from his policies'

In other words, why should you want to know the whole story about Mr. Thaksin? Why know the full truth?

Mr. Thaksin's story is long. As for the war on drugs, most were gangland style killings, few cases were pursued, and victims included whole families, women, children and old people. Afterwards an independent committee established by the Surayud government concluded that 1,372 of the 2,873 victims had no drug related records.

Edited by rabas
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

As for the war on drugs, most were gangland style killings, few cases were pursued, and victims included whole families, women, children and old people. Afterwards an independent committee established by the Surayud government concluded that 1,372 of the 2,873 victims had no drug related records.

The police had quotas to fulfill, how many people they had to kill.

And they got lists whom to kill.

Even in small places.

Everybody at the time knew this,  Thais being Thais,  nobody talked much about it. And nobody is talking about it now.

Yes, Thaksin did more for the poor than all former governments. No doubt about it.

And his inflationary economic policy (made by Morgan Stanley) laid the foundations that changed Thailand from a feudal rural society into a modern country:  compulsory schooling for much more than just 5 years,  made possible through student loans; raising the minimum wage so people were forced out of unproductive jobs (no more hordes of salesgirls sleeping on their counter); all kinds of grants and loans, e.g. village funds,  for big parts of the population.

Retarius maybe knows that a whole generation of Germans excused Hitler because, after all, he built the Autobahns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bizboi said:

Interior Minister, Chalerm Yubamrung thought it was a good deal and threatened to bring it back !

image.png.5e1128f2b78f201577e4f2a6a671754a.png