Trump seeks to make the most of historic Georgia mugshot

Social Media

32 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And who is supporting the Ukraine war on that not such a winding road from Iraq/Afghanistan. Trump/Carlson followers and also an emergent Black population who see massive inner city neglect and crime (as a result of liberal "policies" while $Billions are going to the military industrial complex as well as these bribed policy makers. 

That should read: Not Trump/Carlson followers. 

On 8/28/2023 at 4:36 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Can a country that elected the present POTUS possibly get any worse?

I doubt Trump can do any more damage than has been done already in the past 3 years.

Go for it, tell us about how awful it's been, especially compared to the Trump years. 

Facts, thanks. Real facts, not 'alternative facts'.  

How anyone can accept garbage like this is unbelievable, though looking at some members here it is painfully obvious that a good education and a sound mind are not commonplace.  (Irrespective of political leanings, this is utter crap)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The vast majority of illegal aliens enter the US through legal ports of entry. They are brought in by large agricultural businesses using fraudulent papers. These large businesses then donate large amounts to Republican politicians who then make speeches decrying illegal immigration, but do nothing to stop the flood of illegals coming in via legal ports of entry.

If you have any doubts, tell me what the Republican Congress has done to stop illegals entering the country.

This is an issue that you may only know about via propaganda, but I lived on the border for years. I agree that  walls in urban areas are useful, but building walls where almost no one crosses is pointless and wasteful.

If you really want to stop illegal immigration, go out to the fields around Bakersfield or Riverside, catch the illegals and put their employers in jail.

You may be surprised to learn that I hold the Washington establishment politicians equally as bad as each other, whatever party they claim to belong to. I don't see much difference between the sides.

If you really want to stop illegal immigration, go out to the fields around Bakersfield or Riverside, catch the illegals and put their employers in jail.

Agree 100%, and if I could I'd volunteer to arrest them myself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

And who is supporting the Ukraine war on that not such a winding road from Iraq/Afghanistan. Trump/Carlson followers and also an emergent Black population who see massive inner city neglect and crime (as a result of liberal "policies" while $Billions are going to the military industrial complex as well as these bribed policy makers. 

It makes no sense to compare the Ukraine war with the Irak war.

As to MAGA fans, there's no much change. They have not drawn lessons from the Irak war scam, and are still ready to believe any B.S. they are fed with.

17 hours ago, morrobay said:

Sure right after 9/11  as well as majority of non magas . They all bought this load that disgraced general put up. Have you heard what Trump and Carlson are saying about those wars as well as about everyone else. So conflating Trumps supporters now with I guess the Bush supporters then ?  I called those bush supporters SAPS twice.  And who all really should be in prison for that criminal deception. Invading Iraq after 9/11 would be like invading Mexico after Pearl Harbor. Search : Dick Cheney and Halliburton, Iraq /Afghanistan wars. 

Additional comment. I just checked and there was much more support by Republicans than by Democrats.

Since the start of the war, there has been a wide partisan gap on the question of using force in Iraq. In March 2003, with major combat operations ongoing, the gap was substantial: 93% of Republicans supported the decision to use force, compared with 66% of independents and 59% of Democrats. This gap persisted through the first year of the year. Across all surveys conducted in 2003, 90% of Republicans backed the decision to use force, compared with 66% of independents and 50% of Democrats.

Over the ensuing years, support for the war has plummeted among independents and Democrats plummeted, while Republicans have remained largely supportive. In surveys conducted in 2008 — the last year of George W. Bush’s presidency — just 17% of Democrats said it was the right decision to take military action in Iraq, compared with 73% of Republicans. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2011/11/23/views-of-the-iraq-war/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

It's great that he supports the Ukraine war. Biden is saving the world from fascism. I guess that's your main gripe?

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You may be surprised to learn that I hold the Washington establishment politicians equally as bad as each other, whatever party they claim to belong to. I don't see much difference between the sides.

Agree 100%, and if I could I'd volunteer to arrest them myself.

Yeah, we're over this both sides rubbish. It clearly isn't true. I'd rather have the American economy than any other right now.

Who you gonna arrest? The illegals struggling to support their families or the employers scamming the system for profits?

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's great that he supports the Ukraine war. Biden is saving the world from fascism. I guess that's your main gripe?

That was corrected to read Trump supporters do not support this Ukraine war. And I have no idea about your nonsense post 

33 minutes ago, candide said:

It makes no sense to compare the Ukraine war with the Irak war.

As to MAGA fans, there's no much change. They have not drawn lessons from the Irak war scam, and are still ready to believe any B.S. they are fed with.

How many times does it have to be said: Trump supporters as well as all other rational people- do not support this waste of $ Billions in Ukraine 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, morrobay said:

How many times does it have to be said: Trump supporters as well as all other rational people- do not support this waste of $ Billions in Ukraine 

Because, as before with the Irak war, they believe the B.S. served to them.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 2:28 PM, morrobay said:

The same kind of wrong side of history isolationist Americans that didn't support the US entering WW2. 

They also identified with the "America First" slogan (historically in the US a fascist one) and admired Hitler ("strong man leader") the same way they admire Putin. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Oh since I see the military industrial complex now getting billions like before in Iraq /Afghanistan while infrastructure in the US is degrading. And Bidens policy allowing the country to be overrun with hundreds of thousands illegals with benafits . And commiting crimes ( as if there are not enough US citizen lowlifes to deal with ) As well as these administration backed democrats liberal local/social  policies allowing anarchy in the cities--- That therefore I Love Putin????? Could care less about that guy. And to conflate those who were against  WW2 ( you must really be doing some searching to dig that up, Lol )  that was, unlike Ukraine, Iraq, Afghanistan, a physical threat to the US. Is ridiculous.  Hopefully DeSantis as president will straighten out this mess. So boys and girls - That's all she wrote! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, morrobay said:

Oh since I see the military industrial complex now getting billions like before in Iraq /Afghanistan while infrastructure in the US is degrading. And Bidens policy allowing the country to be overrun with hundreds of thousands illegals with benafits . And commiting crimes ( as if there are not enough US citizen lowlifes to deal with ) As well as these administration backed democrats liberal local/social  policies allowing anarchy in the cities--- That therefore I Love Putin????? Could care less about that guy. And to conflate those who were against  WW2 ( you must really be doing some searching to dig that up, Lol )  that was, unlike Ukraine, Iraq, Afghanistan, a physical threat to the US. Is ridiculous.  Hopefully DeSantis as president will straighten out this mess. So boys and girls - That's all she wrote! 

Is there any  independent country that shares a land border with Russia or the Ukraine that doesn't feel threatened by Russian aggression? You think such a big slice of Europe isn't of vital importance to world peace and the USA?

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, morrobay said:

I guess Russia isn't spending a ruble on it's military industrial complex. You are a Putin fanboi

• Thumbs Up 1

Trump ordered to appear in court for Michael Cohen lawsuit ASAP

Donald Trump is being ordered to come into court as soon as possible in a lawsuit that he had launched against his former lawyer, Michael Cohen.

In an unusual move, the judge updated the legal filing of Donald Trump's counter-suit late on Friday afternoon (below) demanding that his lawyers appear in court on the next business day.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-ordered-to-court-cohen/

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Another rant unsupported by facts.  Republicans used to be rational about immigration, now they scapegoat illegal immigrants the way Hitler scapegoated Jews.

I doubt there is anyone in the Pentagon who thinks the money spent supporting Ukraine is wasted; the lessons that Ukraine is teaching the US about its military strengths and weaknesses far exceed the cost of the support.  We are learning what works, what doesn't, what works for a while before countermeasures are developed, what kind of countermeasures are developed, etc. 

Most importantly, we are learning (once again) that modern war burns through munitions at a phenomenal rate, and that it takes a long time to gear up the supply chain and replace those munitions.  Unfortunately I'm sure that lesson will only last for a few years of peace before it is forgotten.

If Ukraine wins this war (likely if the Democrats retain the White House, unlikely under a cut-and-run Republican President) Russia will learn that it can't just invade and seize territory with impunity.  That is a lesson with tremendous benefit for the world.

However, a 2022 article in the University of Georgia School of Law’s Journal of Intellectual Property Law noted, “In the context of photographs taken by law enforcement during the booking process, the author of the mugshot photograph is the law enforcement agency.”

That could mean that if the Fulton County sheriff wants to go after Donald Trump for those profits, he might have the legal ground to do so. ????

Donald Trump's Mug Shot Merchandise Move May Cost Him His $7 Million Profit

https://news.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trumps-mug-shot-merchandise-145457593.html