France to ban female students from wearing abayas in state schools

Social Media

18 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The London Muslim  population is about 15 % and no one London borough has a majority Muslim population , so no London borough has a 50 % Muslim population 

So, you're saying the following - and the 95% statement - aren't true?????  ????

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Muslims have taken over Europe 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't they consider all non Muslims to be infidels? If so, how can they respect the non Muslims in the country they are in?

Hollywood has a jaundiced view of Muslims & Arabs, and it sounds as though various commenters got their take on Islam from Hollywood.

Muslims respect Christians & Jews as People of the Book, so they were not required to convert to Islam during the age of conquest, rather unlike the time when Catholics took over from Muslims in Spain. That's when Jews left for North Africa, etc, and are known as Sefardis.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 10:44 PM, Neeranam said:

The Muslim population in East London, well the area I stayed, Whitechapel is much more than 25%. 

On 9/7/2023 at 10:44 PM, Neeranam said:

Muslims are taking over Europe, yes. 

Facts really don't matter, do they.  25%/90%/15%/1% . . .  

On 9/7/2023 at 4:47 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't they consider all non Muslims to be infidels? If so, how can they respect the non Muslims in the country they are in?

Are you going to add Islamophobia to your list of attributes?  If so, then I suggest you actually understand what your term 'infidel' means.  

What is lacking respect is your understanding of issues. 

I sometimes have to wonder why it's so easy for people from an alien culture to go live in western countries and so difficult for western people to go live in non western countries ( or at least the ones we'd like to live in ). Try turning up in a leaky boat on a beach with no documents or money and see how welcoming the Thais or the Vietnamese or the Chinese would be.

2 minutes ago, Sing_Sling said:

Facts really don't matter, do they.  25%/90%/15%/1% . . .  

Are you going to add Islamophobia to your list of attributes?  If so, then I suggest you actually understand what your term 'infidel' means.  

Perhaps you should go live in Saudi for a few years to actually understand what you are talking about. I did.

Islamophobia?  :cheesy:x a million.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I sometimes have to wonder why it's so easy for people from an alien culture to go live in western countries and so difficult for western people to go live in non western countries

Ah, these 'alien' cultures . . . perhaps because they are more adaptable and people like you aren't?

( or at least the ones we'd like to live in )

Ah, the all-important caveat

Try turning up in a leaky boat on a beach with no documents or money and see how welcoming the Thais or the Vietnamese or the Chinese would be.

The perpetual victim . . . well done. 

Perhaps you should go live in Saudi for a few years to actually understand what you are talking about. I did.

That's your argument about what an 'infidel' is? ???????? ???????? ???????? 

I've worked in Qatar, Oman, Malaysia and Dubai - you can stay in your extreme example of Saudi to base your whole world view on.

4 minutes ago, Sing_Sling said:

Proven every time you post

2 minutes ago, Sing_Sling said:

Ah, these 'alien' cultures . . . perhaps because they are more adaptable and people like you aren't?

Ah, the all-important caveat

The perpetual victim . . . well done. 

Congratulations. You just posted something that is a deflection, pointless and stupid.

6 minutes ago, Sing_Sling said:

That's your argument about what an 'infidel' is? ???????? ???????? ???????? 

I've worked in Qatar, Oman, Malaysia and Dubai - you can stay in your extreme example of Saudi to base your whole world view on.

"worked in" is meaningless. Depends on what you did and where you did it.

Worked with hundreds of the ordinary people, or in a foreigner enclave with little contact?

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll get back to you when I care about what you think. Don't hold your breath.

Yet here you are, following my posts around like a dog on heat.  Well done. 

58 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Considering that is what you base your vapid opinion on the definition of 'infidel', understanding anything isn't your strong point

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Congratulations. You just posted something that is a deflection, pointless and stupid.

A valid self-description - finally you've contributed something worthwhile. 

3 - 2 - 1 . . . 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I sometimes have to wonder why it's so easy for people from an alien culture to go live in western countries and so difficult for western people to go live in non western countries ( or at least the ones we'd like to live in ). Try turning up in a leaky boat on a beach with no documents or money and see how welcoming the Thais or the Vietnamese or the Chinese would be.

You are posting that Westerners have difficulties in going to live in non Western Countries on a forum that is full of Westerners living in non Western Countries and try being a Thai trying to go and live in a Western Country .

Ah, he did use a caveat to exempt himself as he didn't quite realize the irony of his words . . . again . . . and included the royal 'we' to include all 'westerners'.  

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

( or at least the ones we'd like to live in )

Special. ????  EDL unite!

6 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are posting that Westerners have difficulties in going to live in non Western Countries on a forum that is full of Westerners living in non Western Countries and try being a Thai trying to go and live in a Western Country .

Did you miss the bit about turning up on a leaky boat, or did you ignore it because it doesn't fit your agenda?

My wife's application to settle in UK was very smooth. She's Thai. What's your point?

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Did you miss the bit about turning up on a leaky boat, or did you ignore it because it doesn't fit your agenda?

My wife's application to settle in UK was very smooth. She's Thai. What's your point?

My point was that Western guys can go and live in Thailand quite easily , but Thai men cannot easily go and live in Western Countries 

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

My point was that Western guys can go and live in Thailand quite easily , but Thai men cannot easily go and live in Western Countries 

Married to a western country national, study, work, single but with money in the bank. 

The requirements are similar with the exception of age.

How about a western man, under 50, not married and not working, trying to live permanently in Thailand?

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

Married to a western country national, study, money in the bank. 

The requirements are similar.

How about a western man, under 50, not married and not working, trying to live permanently in Thailand?

Its much easier on all levels for Westerners to go to Thailand, than it is for Thais to go to the West .

Thai retirees cannot get retirement visas in the West and younger Thais cannot just fly to the West and stay for a while , like we can go to Thailand

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its much easier on all levels for Westerners to go to Thailand, than it is for Thais to go to the West .

Thai retirees cannot get retirement visas in the West and younger Thais cannot just fly to the West and stay for a while , like we can go to Thailand

You said "live".

"Live" and "stay a while" are  not the same.

But hey, move the goalposts to suit your agenda. No problem. Why break a habit of a lifetime?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

You said "live".

"Live" and "stay a while" are  not the same.

But hey, move the goalposts to suit your agenda. No problem. Why break a habit of a lifetime?

No need to be unpleasant , as I don't want to speak in that kind of tone, I shall not reply to your point .

I dont need an argument on a Sunday morning, thanks all the same 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No need to be unpleasant , as I don't want to speak in that kind of tone, I shall not reply to your point .

I dont need an argument on a Sunday morning, thanks all the same 

Not unpleasant. Not arguing. You've changed your stance. Simple.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

Not impolite. Not arguing. You've changed your stance. Simple.

You stated that I have a life time habit of moving the goalposts when talking .

That is rude, untrue and argumentative .

I didn't even move the goalpost at all .

Its easier for retired people to retire and live in Thailand and its easier for non retired people to stay for a long time in Thailand 

"Live" was in reference to retired people

"Stay for a while:" was in refence to non retired people and I was answering your question .

You are rude and impolite 

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You stated that I have a life time habit of moving the goalposts when talking .

That is rude, untrue and argumentative .

I didn't even move the goalpost at all .

Its easier for retired people to retire and live in Thailand and its easier for non retired people to stay for a long time in Thailand 

"Live" was in reference to retired people

"Stay for a while:" was in refence to non retired people and I was answering your question .

You are rude and impolite 

Not rude. Your above post proves you've changed your stance, something you do quite often.

What is "a while"?

Young people from western countries can stay 30 days when they "just fly" to Thailand.

Now, back to my question. A western guy, under 50, not wishing to work and not married to a Thai. How easy is it for them to live in Thailand for a long time?

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 2