Has the 45 day exemption been reduced back to 30?

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

arrive 30 days, extend 30 days 1900b boarder bounce,

rinse and repeat twice only, a year (not sure if that is Jan-Dec or 12 months.). So 6months all up

Other options are getting visas from neighboring countries.

Or just get a Tourist visa that gives you 60 days and 1 extension of 30 days for 1900 baht. OP didn't indicating a long stay planned, just 45 days plus 30 day extension

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Paris333 said:

Attention monthly visa in Thailand is 28 w.o.r.k.i.n.g days........

"Monthly visa " is a term you invented.

Folk entering via Visa Waiver from approx 64 countries is referred to as visa exempt entry and gives a 30 day permission of stay stamp.

That can be extended by 30 days.

1900baht.

"Working Days" is irrelevant. 

Edited by DrJack54

9 hours ago, Paris333 said:

Attention monthly visa in Thailand is 28 w.o.r.k.i.n.g days........

The 30-day permission to stay from a visa exempt entry or entry using a transit visa is 30 days, but includes both the first and last days (so only 29 nights). Whatever you mean by "working days" is incorrect.

9 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Folk entering via Visa Waiver from approx 64 countries is referred to as visa exempt entry and gives a 30 day permission of stay stamp.

Actually they are different beasts, visa waiver means there is a bilateral agreement, whereas visa exempt has no such agreement

Also visa waiver is either 14, 30 or 90 days depending on nationality

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Actually they are different beasts, visa waiver means there is a bilateral agreement, whereas visa exempt has no such agreement

Also visa waiver is either 14, 30 or 90 days depending on nationality

The terms "visa waiver" and "visa exempt" are synonyms. Also, sometimes used, is "visa free".

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

The terms "visa waiver" and "visa exempt" are synonyms. Also, sometimes used, is "visa free".

Sorry but they are not synonymous, as explained in my post, with the reasons why. That is also why a person's nationality is important when giving advice.

5 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Sorry but they are not synonymous, as explained in my post, with the reasons why. That is also why a person's nationality is important when giving advice.

I agree that it is important to understand whether the visa exemption (aka visa waiver or visa-free entry) is under the tourist visa exemption scheme or bilateral agreement. In the latter case, the specifics of the treaty determine such things as how many days you receive on entry. They all come under the same umbrella term of "visa exemption". For instance, here is the announcement of the visa exemption treaty between Thailand and Russia: https://moscow.thaiembassy.org/en/content/101305-announcement-no-1-2562-visa-exemption-for-holders-of-russian-passports?cate=5d843b6a15e39c1abc00517b.