Where I live Ive noticed more locals are not obsessed with wearing the facial mask anymore. But some still are.

9 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

I’ve spent the last 3 months travelling in Italy, Croatia and am now in Turkey (sorry, Türkiye). Must have seen thousands of faces in crowded beach resorts and packed transport. Total of half a dozen masks in Italy. Absolutely zero in Croatia and zero so far in Türkiye. Thailand is really weird on this.

I think it tends to be a rather Asian phenomenon. I know in Japan many people would mask-up for half the year  pre-Covid.  Post-Covid and it's all year.
If you check out street-level web cams in places like Japan and China, there is still a fairly large percentage of people wearing masks as they do in Thailand.

Example: Tokyo live
https://www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/japan/kanto/tokyo/shinjuku-street.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, advancebooking said:

I think its quite weird that many thais are still wearing them when majority of population in western countries are clearly not. 

Still obsessing about what Thai people do in Thailand?!  Perhaps now is the time to move on to a new obsession; Chemtrails, DEW wildfires, or Pizza Parlor pedophilliac basements.

As always, our hopes and prayers are with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, connda said:

I think it tends to be a rather Asian phenomenon. I know in Japan many people would mask-up for half the year  pre-Covid.  Post-Covid and it's all year.
If you check out street-level web cams in places like Japan and China, there is still a fairly large percentage of people wearing masks as they do in Thailand.

The pre-covid Japanese approach to wearing of masks is perhaps the most socially responsible I have witnessed and without the hysteria of wearing a mask because everyone else is etc.... 

Before (and after) Covid, I travelled to Japan a couple of times per year and have a number of close Japanese friends, so have witnessed the before and after as well having held discussions on the topic with Japanese friends.

The approach of the Japanese towards masking was somewhat of an enigma to me until it was explained.

- If a person or someone in their household is unwell they wear a mask whenever in proximity of others.

- A minority wear a mask for self-protection, this would be more common with people putting a mask on when on the subway, but taking it off when walking down the street. 

- A minority wear a mask for pollution purposes when out and about. 

Post covid quite a lot of people were wearing masks in the busy area's of the city, there was still a mask mandate - this mandate was dropped in March of 2023.

- Back in February, about 80% of people wearing masks in the city.

- No one wearing masks outside of the major cities

Now, a good number of months since the mask mandate was dropped, mask-wearing is at less than 10% of the population in the city.

The webcam's of Tokyo in your link back this up. 

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 14.01.34.png

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 14.03.32.png

Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 14.04.13.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Top review says COVID lockdowns and masks worked, period

They might not be popular, but a major report shows combining these interventions can keep case numbers low.

https://www.politico.eu/article/masks-lockdowns-social-distancing-evidence-reduce-coronavirus-spread/

But none of the reports suggest that Mask Wearing should continue ad-infinatum...

The reports highlight that mask wearing was effective to 'some extent' along with other measures during the height of the pandemic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I've had 4 or 5 shots, including one bivalent shot for free in Thailand. I haven't had covid for 18 months that I've noticed. Must be just lucky I guess.

After his first week back at school my son had a cold.

We all caught the minor cold. 

A week later we find out one of his classmates tested positive on a home ATK.

No one was bothered....  we have no idea if we all caught a cold or covid.

On 8/29/2023 at 2:06 PM, advancebooking said:

Possibly, you are a very sensitive person in many respects. Perhaps you are from the English upper class or maybe from Oz?

So the purpose of your post is to draw people in who disagree with you and then mock them?

Just do your thing and don't worry about others. Grow up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rattlesnake said:

Says the guy who willingly took 5 shots!

If you are referring to C19 jabs, they do not stop you catching C19, but they probably stop you dying from it........

(P.S. I think 99.9% of us know that. ????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On the forums I visit I've noticed that some people are still obsessed with whether others wear  a mask.

Most don't care because it's not their business. They do what they believe best and let others make their own decisions without harassing them.

• Love It 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Of course it is.

d48e6be0d3197cf3.png

Oh, a member who doesn't like a "saving life business", repeat, business...

Yes, there are a lot like you out there, the same crowd that complain if they can't get treatment, no doubt.....????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, connda said:

I’m not seeing masked Japanese.  Very very few.

here is a much better live video where you can actually see the people. 

https://worldcams.tv/japan/tokyo/shibuya-crossing

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, a member who doesn't like a "saving life business", repeat, business...

Yes, there are a lot like you out there, the same crowd that complain if they can't get treatment, no doubt.....????

Glad it is now established we are dealing with a business. We have come a long way.

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

Glad it is now established we are dealing with a business. We have come a long way.

Of course it's a business, how else can medicine move on to find the cures, unless you're one of those Communist types..........:ermm:

When you go to a pharmacy, do you complain that THEY are making money from you....?  ????

1 hour ago, transam said:

Of course it's a business, how else can medicine move on to find the cures, unless you're one of those Communist types..........:ermm:

When you go to a pharmacy, do you complain that THEY are making money from you....?  ????

Great. Understanding and acknowledging this is a business enterprise is a necessary step and as I said, I am glad we finally got here.

Businesses do marketing. Marketing is the art of leveraging all available means to get the product to the consumer.

8752965042519f44.jpg

I find it quite funny. I'll sit in a crowded bar and nobody wears a mask. Then I see a girl get up put on a mask and walk out into the fresh air (well as fresh as Pattaya is going to get.) You would have thought it would be the other way round.

2 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I find it quite funny. I'll sit in a crowded bar and nobody wears a mask. Then I see a girl get up put on a mask and walk out into the fresh air (well as fresh as Pattaya is going to get.) You would have thought it would be the other way round.

Diesel fumes..............☺️

• Thanks 1