Trump trial in Fulton County will be televised, judge says

Social Media

MAGA lawyer named as state's witness in Georgia case swears he hasn't flipped on Trump: "Zero truth"
Election fraud conspiracy theorist Lin Wood was listed as one of the people serving as "witnesses" in a GA filing

PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 20, 2023 2:02PM (EDT)

Wood, however, denies any suggestion he has flipped on the former president. 

"There's zero truth to that," Wood told The Hill on Wednesday. "I'm always willing to go in under subpoena, I'll go testify and answer their questions, honestly, like I did in the grand jury." 

https://www.salon.com/2023/09/20/maga-lawyer-named-as-states-witness-in-georgia-case-swears-he-hasnt-flipped-on-trump-zero-truth/

09/20/23 1:39 PM ET

In an interview with The Hill, Wood said he’s simply responding to a subpoena.

“There’s zero truth to that,” Wood said when asked if he had turned against Trump.

A special purpose grand jury that heard evidence in the probe for months had recommended Wood be indicted, but prosecutors ultimately opted against charging him with Trump and 18 others last month. Wood previously indicated that he had been subpoenaed to appear before the special grand jury.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4214297-attorney-lin-wood-named-as-states-witness-in-georgia-case-but-says-he-hasnt-turned-on-trump/

Edited by jerrymahoney

Lin Wood: ‘I didn’t flip on President Trump’

5 hours ago

Former Atlanta attorney Lin Wood pushed back Wednesday on the notion that he would testify against Donald Trump in Fulton County’s racketeering case.

Wood’s name turned up in a new filing by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis naming him as a potential witness in the case, leading to speculation he would testify against the former president.

“I didn’t flip on President Trump. That’s just pure nonsense,” Wood told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I wouldn’t have any knowledge to flip on him.”

Wood said he has been told he will be subpoenaed by the prosecution, but he has not had any conversations with Willis about what questions he will be asked.

https://www.ajc.com/news/lin-wood-i-didnt-flip-on-president-trump/K36BYKE4LRABFKAPTKCZCXPQLM/

Edited by jerrymahoney

58 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Wood is cooperating with the prosecutor in exchange for not being indicted. That's called "flipping". 

He has told them what he will testify about, it doesn't matter how he sugarcoats it for gullible MAGA types.

This guy is a grifter, but the MAGiots don't understand he is grifting *them*.

Of course he's flipped no matter how much he denies it:

Georgia Has a New Witness Against Trump—and It’s a Big One

One of Donald Trump’s former lawyers on Wednesday denied flipping against him in the Georgia indictment, despite new court documents revealing otherwise.

"I did not have Lin Wood flipping on my bingo card," prominent national security attorney Bradley Moss reacted on X, the social media website formerly known as Twitter.

• Like 2

The actual court filing involves Lin Wood as a potential witness in the Powell case when he had also previously represented Powell in several ill-fated lawsuits.

The DA's office said it identified six attorneys who are representing various defendants but have also had previous involvement in the case or related matters, including by previously representing witnesses for the state -- a situation they say could result in those witnesses being subject to cross examination by their former attorneys.

"The state has worked diligently to identify any potential conflicts of interest concerning attorneys who currently represent Defendants in this case and who previously represented material witnesses or parties before the special purpose grand jury and other prost-election proceedings," the filing states.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/pro-trump-attorney-lin-wood-prosecution-witness-georgia/story?id=103359555

Edited by jerrymahoney

And this would maybe come up if Lin Wood was called as a prosecution witness:

At the end of December 2020, Wood launched a series of baseless allegations on Twitter: he implied that Chief Justice John Roberts was involved in the death of Justice Antonin Scalia, suggested that Roberts was a child trafficker, declared that the deceased Jeffrey Epstein was actually alive, and that Epstein could reveal the truth about Roberts. At the start of January 2021, Wood declared his belief that Vice President Mike Pence would "face execution by firing squad" for "treason", after Pence's lawyers fought a lawsuit which was aimed at making Pence refuse to count electoral votes for Joe Biden. Wood also called for Roberts and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to be arrested for treason. Wood was criticized for these comments, and responded by insisting that he is not insane.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Lin_Wood

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Lin Wood: ‘I didn’t flip on President Trump’

5 hours ago

Former Atlanta attorney Lin Wood pushed back Wednesday on the notion that he would testify against Donald Trump in Fulton County’s racketeering case.

Wood’s name turned up in a new filing by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis naming him as a potential witness in the case, leading to speculation he would testify against the former president.

“I didn’t flip on President Trump. That’s just pure nonsense,” Wood told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “I wouldn’t have any knowledge to flip on him.”

Wood said he has been told he will be subpoenaed by the prosecution, but he has not had any conversations with Willis about what questions he will be asked.

https://www.ajc.com/news/lin-wood-i-didnt-flip-on-president-trump/K36BYKE4LRABFKAPTKCZCXPQLM/

Well he’s named in the court filing as a prosecutor witness.

Maybe he’s concerned Trump’s extremist supporters might be directed to his home or family.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

One of Donald Trump’s former lawyers on Wednesday denied flipping against him in the Georgia indictment, despite new court documents revealing otherwise.

(Wood) was never formally part of the Trump campaign’s legal team, though he promoted the same baseless claims that Trump embraced and could shed light on efforts to upend the election results in Georgia.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/20/politics/lin-wood-georgia-election-subversion-case/index.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

(Wood) was never formally part of the Trump campaign’s legal team, though he promoted the same baseless claims that Trump embraced and could shed light on efforts to upend the election results in Georgia.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/20/politics/lin-wood-georgia-election-subversion-case/index.html

And?

He's flipped, simple as

"I did not have Lin Wood flipping on my bingo card," prominent national security attorney Bradley Moss reacted on X, the social media website formerly known as Twitter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

And?

He's flipped, simple as

OK you win. He's flipped. BTW here's your witness:

On January 11, 2021, Delaware Superior Court Judge Craig A. Karsnitz gave Wood's social media postings in his published reasons for an order revoking Wood's right to appear before the court.

Karsnitz described the allegations about (CJ) Roberts as "too disgusting and outrageous to repeat," and stated that he had "no doubt" that Wood's tweets (along with "many other things") played a role in inciting the attack on the Capitol that occurred a few days before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L._Lin_Wood

Edited by jerrymahoney

2 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

On January 11, 2021, Delaware Superior Court Judge Craig A. Karsnitz gave Wood's social media postings in his published reasons for an order revoking Wood's right to appear before the court.

Karsnitz described the allegations about (CJ) Roberts as "too disgusting and outrageous to repeat," and stated that he had "no doubt" that Wood's tweets (along with "many other things") played a role in inciting the attack on the Capitol that occurred a few days before.

He's now a state witness not my witness

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He's now a state witness not my witness

He is a potential witness. He is not a witness until he has been sworn in in court to testify as a witness.

And that might never happen as his credibility could easily be called in question.

And "here's your witness" was just court lingo for when one attorney turns a witness over to the opposing attorney for cross-examination.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

He is a potential witness. He is not a witness until he has been sworn in in court to testify as a witness.

And that might never happen as his credibility could easily be called in question.

IMO he's too dangerous/untrustworthy for either side to be used

7 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

And "here's your witness" was just court lingo for when one attorney turns a witness over to the opposing attorney for cross-examination.

You keep referring to my witness......I'm quoting those involved.

"Willis named Wood as one of the people slated to serve as "witnesses for the state."

"Avila, who had completed five combat tours, had lost a leg in an IED attack in Afghanistan, and had suffered two heart attacks, two strokes, and brain damage as a result of his injuries," wrote editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg. "To Milley, and to four-star generals across the Army, Avila and his wife, Claudia, represented the heroism, sacrifice, and dignity of wounded soldiers."

"After Avila’s performance, Trump walked over to congratulate him, but then said to Milley, within earshot of several witnesses, 'Why do you bring people like that here?

"Never let Avila appear in public again, Trump told Milley."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-wounded-veteran/

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Well in 32 days we have the craken in the docket along with some other poor soul that listened and believed in trump now he’s paying with his (if he’s lucky) career let the carnage begin that’s what you get when you do (business) with trump 

• Like 1