US English teacher arrested for sexual relation with 16 y/o student

webfact

9 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Samantha Fox posed topless in English newspapers after turning 16.

spacer.png

The guy looks young, he did wrong and should have known better. 

It is also not stated that they had full sex, just sexual relations. Wrong, but consenting.

Being American, hopefully there won't be insane American criminal charges laid against him.

Why not? He is an American on an American passport…

Let the American legal system have at him. A good case study to present to law students down the road after they fry him.

• Confused 3

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

But teaching in the UK is more like being a prison guard IMHO (I used to be a teacher).

Working conditions would be great if no parents or students.

We don't need no education.
We don't need no thought control.
No dark sarcasm in the classroom.
Teachers, leave those kids alone.
Hey, Teacher, leave those kids alone!
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!"

I spent the first three years of education in the 1950s in a private British school.  The quote above regarding 'eating your meat.'  That's true.  They'd serve up this horrid meat with blood vessel sticking out of it.  And you'd be forced to eat it.  "Aggghhhh."  A throw-back to WWII scarcity.
On the flip side - at that time British education was wayyyyyy ahead of schools in the US in STEM and general liberal arts.  It was a excellent education. 

Now?  The product of that US system comes to Thailand, bonks a 16 year old and probably will do time.  None too smart methinks.

12 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

For those of you who cannot get a handle on Google...

What is the Thailand Age of Consent?

The Age of Consent in Thailand is 15 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity. Individuals aged 14 or younger in Thailand are not legally able to consent to sexual activity, and such activity may result in prosecution for statutory rape or the equivalent local law.

Thailand statutory rape law is violated when an individual has consensual sexual intercourse with a person under age 15. However, sex with a minor under age 18 is a compoundable offense, regardless of consent.

Thailand does not have a close-in-age exemption. Close in age exemptions, commonly known as "Romeo and Juliet laws" in the United States, are put in place to prevent the prosecution of individuals who engage in consensual sexual activity when both participants are significantly close in age to each other, and one or both partners are below the age of consent.

Because there is no close-in-age exemption in Thailand, it is possible for two individuals both under the age of 15 who willingly engage in intercourse to both be prosecuted for statutory rape, although this is rare. Similarly, no protections are reserved for sexual relations in which one participant is a 14 year old and the second is a 15 or 16 year old.

I believe similar rules apply in the UK if both parties are under the age of consent the eldest is offered a police caution and placed on the sex offenders register. However if the caution is refused the case goes to court and the 'offender' is usually NOT placed on the register. Police and social workers usually push hard for a caution especially if the eldest is a boy

1 minute ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Under the US PROTECT Act (which has already been quoted on here at least twice, that doesn't matter. It's still a crime in the US and he can still be prosecuted for it.

Crazy.....................

Do you lot not have GF's of 16................:huh:

Are GF's at 16 kept behind bars.......................????

57 minutes ago, Kiwiken said:

A Paedophile targets Minors under 10 years of Age.

the age of consent in Thailand is 15.

Tool low in my opinion but please do not brand someone something they are not.

So He had sex with a 16 year old

Inappropriate behaviour for a Teacher but what other  Thai criminal law has he broken

Please read the link to the case of Big Ass that I posted. 

• Confused 1

Readers in AseanNow are not only from USA or UK. Try not to make most topics about those countries. Boring.

Irrelevant for majority or readers worldwide.

Luke has been arrested in Thailand and will be sentenced HERE. Likely serve first 2-3 years HERE before blacklisted, extradicted and serve remaining sentencing in his country.

Maybe more charges will be coming, since media reported previous similar cases that he has been involved in.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/tiktok-teacher-luke-rockwell-arrested-after-sex-with-16-year-old/

1575126264_Screenshot_20230904-175708_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.cd66a8aaa5d4a026be5c107a6e6de349.jpg

4 minutes ago, BMW Overlander said:

This thread is full of responses from people with pedophilia disorder starting with sick f... in very first reply. Glad to know who you really are.

I don't think you know what paedophilia is to make such an assumption.........................????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

http://langhub.com/en-th/thai-expat-news/483-thai-rock-star-convicted-of-statutory-rape#:~:text=Bangkok's Criminal Court on Wednesday,pleaded guilty of the charge.

I had to Google Big Ass Rape to find this old story.  I can't unsee it....

Anyway, the compound offense is not exactly statutory rape, as the article says.  I'm sure the law has been used a few times to force the guy to marry the girl he got pregnant.  It's an old law and by the way, it doesn't go both ways.  Only men can prosecuted.  A compoundable offense means that the decision to prosecute is up to the 
victim, not the public prosecutor.    

Edited by ricklev

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I don't think you know what paedophilia is to make such an assumption.........................????

Keep telling that to yourself. If your 15-16 year old daughter gets in same predicament you would sing entirely different tune.  Sick degenerate.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, BMW Overlander said:

Keep telling that to yourself. If your 15-16 year old daughter gets in same predicament you would sing entirely different tune.  Sick degenerate.

My ex UK wife was 16 when we met, now go away and read up on paedophilia.............????

Sick degenerate, well come back when you have done your research............????

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Two in one week.

the investigative unit, Division 4, Immigration Bureau, arrested Mr. David Long . Stage (Devid Longstregh), 46 years old. American nationality  The accused under the arrest warrant of the Southern Bangkok Criminal Court No. 766/66, dated 22 August 2023, committed an offense of Committing an indecent act to a child under 15 years of age, regardless of whether the child consents or not. The incident occurred at a school in the Sathorn area of Bangkok.

"Pol. Lt. Gen. Pakphumphit" led a press conference on the arrest of 3 cases of foreigners causing crimes in Thailand.

On June 30, 2023, the victim's mother reported the matter to the investigating officer. Thung Maha Mek Police Station said that while living in the house Nanny of the victim The accused was seen using both hands to sexually assault the girl. The victim informed the nanny that Mr. David, a teacher at the school where the victim was studying, often hit him with his hands and took pictures of his genitals many times. Later, the mother found out about the incident and took the victim to be examined at the hospital. as evidence and filed a complaint with the French Embassy in Thailand and various foundations To coordinate and report the matter to the investigating officer for legal action. 

https://www.nationtv.tv/news/crime/378928752

Great that the arrested these two and get them off the street. Its a shame they don't do the same  when the teacher is a Thai. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Lieutenant General Thitsit Sangsawan, commander of the Crime Suppression Division (CSD), ordered the arrest operation led by Deputy Commissioner Lieutenant General Piyarat Wesakanok, along with the assistance of the police investigative team from the Khlong Tan Police Station. 

Usual Thai BS laws and police seeking glory, she is over the age of consent so who's to say he had forced her to be separated from her parents against her will? 

But a teacher shouldn't be intimate with his students so he deserves to be terminated!

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I think you don't have to judge me.. There is a difference if the teacher is 23 and the girl is 16 maybe soon even 17.... in normal life it would not be a big problem. But now he is a teacher and it is a problem.. she is not underage but a minor and besides that it would be very different if the teacher was your age.. Old man with kids should be in jail...

Get help

• Like 1