US English teacher arrested for sexual relation with 16 y/o student

webfact

Against the law air not. Morally it’s wrong.  So for example it’s ok for a 70 year old man to have sex with a 15 year old?  Because the age of consent is 15?  And of course some people on here condone sex with someone who would be considered a minor because it’s legally permitted. 

And I bet many are living here or visiting because of that mentality.  
So if you are in Thailand do your own country a favor.  Stay in Thailand.  Because your own country probably doesn’t want you there anyway.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ricklev said:

You may wonder, if the age of consent is 15 and she is 16 and consented how could he have committed a crime?  The answer, as I understand it, is that there was literally no crime, UNTIL, the parents of the girl filed a complaint with the police.  

He's not being charged with having sex with her as that is not illegal but apparently this is his charge: "taking a minor who is over 15 years old but not exceeding 18 years old away from their parents, guardian, or caretaker without reasonable cause, willingly and intentionally." or in other words he didn't pay her parents any money - the relationship has been going 5 months. In the UK having sex with this girl would illegal as anyone with a duty of care (teachers etc) cannot have sex with them until they're 18 even thought the age of sexual consent is 16. 

• Thumbs Up 1

He is featured in Daily Mail.

Now he is truly famous.

Here's something for the lolz

"Rockwell is from Melbourne, Florida. He graduated from the University of Central Florida. He previously worked at the prestigious Wall Street English college in Bangkok, where he taught locals."

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Celsius said:

He is featured in Daily Mail.

Now he is truly famous.

Here's something for the lolz

"Rockwell is from Melbourne, Florida. He graduated from the University of Central Florida. He previously worked at the prestigious Wall Street English college in Bangkok, where he taught locals."

It's nice they are finally trying to get the schools in Florida turned around. 

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:

Not really, I can't help being educated.  you should try it some time.

Normal people dont google creepy stuff like that. People google things of interest like bus station, hotels, banks. You google child sex stuff. That is unusual.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, bignok said:

Normal people dont google creepy stuff like that. People google things of interest like bus station, hotels, banks. You google child sex stuff. That is unusual.

Who said I googled it?  When you assume... (cue: old joke  ASS U ME).

I volunteered one day per week in the legal sector, that's where I learned this, the age of the younger sexual partner makes a difference in the description of the accused.

Also, there's a movie called Gerontophilia (2013) that I watched a few years back.

13 hours ago, SuperSaiyan said:

It's not wrong if you would ask the father for the hand of his daughter and there would be no fornication, ie. no sexual relationship outside of marriage. This would be actually utterly morally the best and should be the only acceptable way.

that happened up near us in Isaan. 60yo farang asked to marry a 14yo village girl. deal done and happily married. until the idiot ran his Harley into the back of a rice truck a few years later. then the widow girl was past school age, had 2 kids, and no future. no Ranger either.

point is this is a legal thing in Thailand.

#

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Actually you are wrong. As an American citizen he is bound by the laws in the USA even if he is not in that country. He will find this out if he returns to the USA or perhaps he will be extradited back or have his visa for Thailand revoked and be forced to return. Either way he broke the laws and will be charged for it in the USA as well and added to their lists of pedophiles. 

No, I am actually not wrong. You didn't even read what I wrote. Your answer has nothing to do with what I wrote. Also, you don't understand what pedophilia means as well, please educate yourself on the topic.

Also, just for reference: In most US states age of consent is 16.

https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings/age-of-consent-by-state/

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Typical strawman deflection tactic. Stating a fact is just that...not a confession or admission...just the facts, regardless your opinion of stated fact(s). Certainly even "samong nok yai" understands that

In answer to your other query...you are funny. ????

Why is child abuse funny? Red flags galore

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, Skeptic7 said:

And yet againGoing on the offense when schooled. ????

And again Going on the attack instead of learning something. Quite pathetic actually. 

Creepy responses thats why. Child abuse is disgusting. Big red flags on you. Normal people dont laugh at child abuse. Highly suss posts from you.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, Celsius said:

Time to brush up on US laws. I am sure it is the same for Brits, Aussies, etc....

"Federal law prohibits an American citizen or resident to travel to a foreign country with intent to engage in any form of sexual conduct with a minor (defined as persons under 18 years of age). It is also illegal to help organize or assist another person to travel for these purposes."

Spot on.

For many years, Australian federal law is that under age sex in another country by an Australian is a crime punishable as if it had happened in Australia.

I believe that law has been very effective in tackling the issue of "Australian sex tourists going to South East Asia, Africa and other locations".  

• Thanks 2