Gun owners: It's time for us to stand up against the Second Amendment death culture

Social Media

18 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As you should European history, colonialism, Crusades and slave trade, of a  1000 or so years.  That 'rocks in glass houses' thing.

USA was established in 1783, and only took 82 years to ban the slave trade that Europeans loved.

And firearms have kept the citizens free of tyranny, from foreign or domestic tyrants.

2nd Amendment Rocks

"And firearms have kept the citizens free of tyranny, from foreign or domestic tyrants."

Hard to establish the truth of this assertion, but I'm sure many can try.

On 9/5/2023 at 9:10 AM, Social Media said:

Hanging in my office is a 100% American-made Gadsden flag. For quite a while I voted exclusively for Republicans, including twice for former Donald Trump, and once for Ron DeSantis, in 2018. I was formerly a lifetime member of the NRA — until I renounced my membership. I used to own an AR-15.

TLDR:

I used to be an american caricature.

Edited by n00dle

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Or simply ban the production of firearms to begin with, then you don't need any laws to regulate them.

Apart from the laws to ban them and then the laws required to prevent ownership. But you know it';s impossible as guns are made world wide. Far better to restrict ownership.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Apart from the laws to ban them and then the laws required to prevent ownership. But you know it';s impossible as guns are made world wide. Far better to restrict ownership.

Now we're back to the porous borders.  Truly is only 1 solution, stop making them.

Simply ban production worldwide, UN, world peace and all that, and actually would be the easiest to do.   Any UN member that doesn't stop production, is banned/sanctions from trading with any nation.

But that wouldn't be profitable, worldwide, and we all know what is more important.

Lives or profits, rhetorical obviously.  Humans are a horrific species, one of the few, that kill their own. for sport or profit.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Errr, how do you think the USA came into being? Was it not an armed population in rebellion against a totalitarian government?

The constitution can be updated if enough people want to do that ( amendments ). Apparently not enough do.

Then is not now. Then it was a nation united against an oppressor who had to send troops from afar! The US today is a nation divided. A nation divided is ripe for totalitarian rule. Indeed that would be the excuse the government would use.    

14 hours ago, Walker88 said:

He claims he drove all that way to 'help the police', who were likely much better trained and equipped than that high school punk. He claimed 'self-defense' when he murdered 3 people.

That fake crying he did on the stand was overly obvious, my nephew was better at that when he was 8.  That the judge didn't call him on that, well . . .

Crossing state lines with an automatic weapon and inserting himself into a conflict, ended up killing three people.  By the judge letting the little sheet slide on this is openly saying that self-appointed militias are ok.  The precedence is set.

And then there is the parent who bought the kid an assault weapon.

This isn't over, it's going to follow him through his life; unless he does another shooting.  He's been to MAL a few times, hanging with the great orange one himself.

Also, notice that the subject of school shootings/mass shootings in general does not come up in the MAGA diatribes. 

Edited by bendejo

6 hours ago, bendejo said:

That fake crying he did on the stand was overly obvious, my nephew was better at that when he was 8.  That the judge didn't call him on that, well . . .

Crossing state lines with an automatic weapon and inserting himself into a conflict, ended up killing three people.  By the judge letting the little sheet slide on this is openly saying that self-appointed militias are ok.  The precedence is set.

And then there is the parent who bought the kid an assault weapon.

This isn't over, it's going to follow him through his life; unless he does another shooting.  He's been to MAL a few times, hanging with the great orange one himself.

Also, notice that the subject of school shootings/mass shootings in general does not come up in the MAGA diatribes. 

The gun didn't cross statelines and the gun was a semi-auto. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And the NRA is a disaster.

No, it's not. You may not like it but it does the job it's members want it to do which is keeping gun ownership by individuals etc. So, it's actually a successful organisation.

If enough Americans wanted to change the constitution to ban the right to bear arms then it would happen. Obviously not enough do, so live with it.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, it's not. You may not like it but it does the job it's members want it to do which is keeping gun ownership by individuals etc. So, it's actually a successful organisation.

If enough Americans wanted to change the constitution to ban the right to bear arms then it would happen. Obviously not enough do, so live with it.

Fortunately, I do not have to live with it, as I left the US a long time ago. A very smart decision. One I am thankful for, daily. Left #1 behind. #1 in mass murder and serial killing. 

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 1:34 PM, cdemundo said:

"Here's one for you, make owning a firearm outrageously expensive."

I think requiring liability insurance for guns like is done for cars would help.

responsible gun owners should have no problem with it.

Let insurance companies create rates reflecting their risk for insuring a 22 pistol vs an assault rifle.

Can't think of any argument against this.

Check that, Can't think of any reasonable argument against this.

Seems strange to me why such a large % of a total population loves guns and has no hesitation to allow the public to walk in and buy a gun and ammo.

Plenty of countries where the number of folks who own guns or want to own a gun is a tiny % of the population. To me that's enlighten rational thinking. 

On 9/6/2023 at 5:22 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

A well armed populace is the best defense against a totalitarian government.

When the founding fathers created the constitution, IMO they desired to prevent the rise of "kings" in the US, and took measures to ensure it would not happen.

Given what I've been seeing happen in the US the last 6 or so years I wouldn't be giving up my guns, for sure.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Idon't understand why anybody would say that.

Please enlighten me.

That's one of those questions, if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand the answer.  I loved my firearms also.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Seems strange to me why such a large % of a total population loves guns and has no hesitation to allow the public to walk in and buy a gun and ammo.

Plenty of countries where the number of folks who own guns or want to own a gun is a tiny % of the population. To me that's enlighten rational thinking. 

This shows Yanks aren't alone with their love for firearms.  And guessing, they're just the legal one ????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_civilian_guns_per_capita_by_country

Edited by KhunLA