Trump vows to end ‘madness’ of EV push

Social Media

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

I'm no fan of Trump but he's bang on the money here.

Chinese manufactured EV's are not the answer to the dubious claims of the eco warriors. Even if the doomsday cult of climate alarmism had some merit (which it doesn't), switching from mining for gas/coal to mining for precious metals (and then charging the batteries made of those precious metals with electricity primarily generated from gas/coal) is a ridiculous concept.

Yes it is.

17 minutes ago, LS24 said:

image.png.2bd73e4cf57cc65e7a371ee456051a43.png

Source Volt Resources.

This is just in US currently . Manufacture in Europe is amazing. So what you say about China being the source of all batteries holds no water.

US lithium mines are 1% of world supply.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-crushing-us-america-battle-energy-evs-batteries-tech-war-2023-5

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

Biden is polling very low. One of the worst ever for sitting pres

Yet the GOP has been losing big time in the past several elections...555.

If those polls are accurate, how sad is it the GOP can't win against "the worst ever for a sitting pres"?

The GOP needs to step up is gerrymandering, fake electors, double voting, intimation techniques, insurrection attempts, coup attempts, etc,

Edited by bbko
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've got some good news for you:

Lithium Americas’ Breakup Is Really About China, Executive Says

Lithium Americas Corp.’s decision to split the company came down to one thorny issue: US-China relations. 
The mining company announced a plan in November to separate its Argentine and North American units into two separate entities. If approved by shareholders, the split would effectively distance it from one of its top shareholders, Ganfeng Lithium Group Co., a Chinese producer of the white, slivery metal

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

They are the answer to those enlightened souls who are buying them in droves.

Because Chinese EV manufacturers are growing market share so fast around the world, Tesla is being downgraded as a stock.

Really? I would say the opposite, EV buyers are well educated in the benefits of their EV's over ICE, it's why they bought them.

I dont buy ice. Whats it like?

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Rode in an EV yesterday. Lost 40% of its charge from a 1.5 hour drive.

Even if what you posted was halfway true, EV, solar power is the wave of the future. Sure it's not perfect these days, but neither was the gasoline powered car, cellphone, computers, airplanes, etc. when they 1st came out.  

On 9/6/2023 at 10:52 AM, BritManToo said:

Trump has a lot of common sense!

Those batteries are all sourced from China.

I remember they laughed when he told the Germans not to rely on Russian gas.

Giving your enemies power over your country is never a smart move.

Your narrative is getting a bit stale 'ol fella.

Tracking the EV battery factory construction boom across North America

Here's where the US stands on EV battery production, 1 year after the Inflation Reduction Act was signed

The onshoring of battery manufacturing for EVs started as a trickle during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now it’s a tsunami.

In 2019, just two battery factories were operating in the United States with another two under construction. Today there are about 30 battery factories either planned, under construction or operational in the country.

https://techcrunch.com/2023/08/16/tracking-the-ev-battery-factory-construction-boom-across-north-america/

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

You dont get out much do you?

Here's the view from the car

Screenshot_20230907_110555_LINE.jpg

This is truly stunning evidence. How could I even suspect  that a picture taken from a car doesn't prove your claim of a 40% loss of power? Oh, wait, actually I can conclude that given that your evidence is entirely irrelevant to your claim. 

• Thumbs Up 2