Trump vows to end ‘madness’ of EV push

Social Media

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Bs numbers

You don't like those particular numbers, or you just don't like facts? You are right in that they have "tanked" lately...

1M: -0.11% 

Really crashing, I must say...Maybe you have some "alternative facts" ?

10Y: +2173.29%

MAX: +21,513.79%

Edited by chacha boom

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The right wing always seem to have this all or nothing obsession ingrained into them. Everything is black or it's white when it's never really like that.

And yet, it's the lefties that want to limit our choices to EV's or EV's.  That's as black or white as you can get.  Most conservatives would prefer choice.  A lot of them choose EV's.  For their other car.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, impulse said:

And yet, it's the lefties that want to limit our choices to EV's or EV's.  That's as black or white as you can get.  Most conservatives would prefer choice.  A lot of them choose EV's.  For their other car.

I don't believe they have. Lefties have indeed pushed for a transition as quickly as possible but I don't think anyone has endorsed a total withdrawal of ICE vehicles before there's enough infrastructure in place. If you believe it's just a free choice issue, A or B, obviously climate change means little or nothing to you. Keep flogging that horse.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, chacha boom said:

You don't like those particular numbers, or you just don't like facts? You are right in that they have "tanked" lately...

1M: -0.11% 

Really crashing, I must say...Maybe you have some "alternative facts" ?

10Y: +2173.29%

MAX: +21,513.79%

Cherry picking nonsense. Its tanked 37% from the high price 2 years ago.

Bitcoin far exceeds it over 10 years.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bignok said:

Do you even understand what cherry picking term refers to? Oxford discribes it as:

/ˈCHerēˌpikiNG/
noun
noun: cherry-picking; plural noun: cherry-pickings; noun: cherrypicking; plural noun: cherrypickings
  1. the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.

Chacha boom gave you 10 years of data and you "cherry picked" 2 years of it. Tesla's drop in shareprice has a multitude of variables. Not least of which a certain high profile person involved that recently had a failed rocket ship explode soon after take off, suffering revenue for some other instant messaging folly and poor quality control and meeting deadlines with their car manufacturing.

There are other players in the market that now offer variety to Tesla and that is a good thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And the judicial system vows to end the madness of Trump! He is a relic.

The future is definitely not in gas powered vehicles, and this guy is the polar opposite of a visionary.

The future is a big place and when the technology has improved enough to be a better value prospect (without subsidies) in comparison to their equivalent petrol cars then they will be viable, but not in the next 5-10 years which I suspect is the time period Trump is talking about.

• Thumbs Up 2

47 minutes ago, LS24 said:

Do you even understand what cherry picking term refers to? Oxford discribes it as:

/ˈCHerēˌpikiNG/
noun
noun: cherry-picking; plural noun: cherry-pickings; noun: cherrypicking; plural noun: cherrypickings
  1. the action or practice of choosing and taking only the most beneficial or profitable items, opportunities, etc., from what is available.

Chacha boom gave you 10 years of data and you "cherry picked" 2 years of it. Tesla's drop in shareprice has a multitude of variables. Not least of which a certain high profile person involved that recently had a failed rocket ship explode soon after take off, suffering revenue for some other instant messaging folly and poor quality control and meeting deadlines with their car manufacturing.

There are other players in the market that now offer variety to Tesla and that is a good thing.

More nonsense. I said Tesla had been sold off. Last 2 years bear market. I dont care 10 years ago.

Sad there are so many that can't read and are just trying to score points. Wake up to yourself.

24 minutes ago, James105 said:

The future is a big place and when the technology has improved enough to be a better value prospect (without subsidies) in comparison to their equivalent petrol cars then they will be viable, but not in the next 5-10 years which I suspect is the time period Trump is talking about.

Yes they are expensive pieces of crap. Funny how some who promote them never even been in one.

19 hours ago, alex8912 said:

No. When almost 1/2 don't vote but others ( like you ) think that is impressive or " QUITE HIGH" and others even SAY it's the number one important issue for a " demo". Then your blinders or pure stubbornness are infiltrating your thought process. 

You just don't get it. If, in the past a group has  voted at a much lower rate than previously, and now votes at a disproportionately higher rate, that changes the electoral math. It's such a simple idea to grasp, I don't understand why you reject it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bignok said:

More nonsense. I said Tesla had been sold off. Last 2 years bear market. I dont care 10 years ago.

Sad there are so many that can't read and are just trying to score points. Wake up to yourself.

11 hours ago, bignok said:

Actually, it's you who's doing the cherry picking. You arbitrarily chose a point in time that would create an image of a massive fall. Why not choose a starting point of 5 years ago? Or even 3?  Had you chosen a starting point 3 years ago, Tesla stock would show a 100% price increase.

Edited by placeholder

2 hours ago, bignok said:

Oh, I read okay. And just pointed out your incorrect and ironic use of "cherry picked".

And I also gave you some very valid reasons for the sell off. reasons far removed from EVs in general. But you simply ignored that. Cherry picked again.

Edited by LS24
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As a % of the youth how many did that? I'm not saying that none are doing anything, only that I haven't seen any doing so.

They're part of the "Last Generation!" All they do is block traffic with that stupid bull...t. The entire nation hates them. Munich just passed a law that makes it illegal to do that in their city. Germany should make it illegal nationwide and punish it with 5 years imprisonment. That would stop that  nonsense very quickly. What pisses me off the most is that the firefighters have to come in and cut them off the road because superglue on its own didn't do the trick well enough, so now they mix it with concrete. So now they actually have to cut them out of the road and then fix the road as well afterwards. And all of that in the name of "protecting the planet"! It's utterly brainless!

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Given that the human race depends on industrialization to survive, what is the alternative?

Given that most of the human race depends on diesel power to grow and transport food, what is the alternative?

Given that millions depend on tourism to survive, what is the alternative to planes?

Given that most of our products are transported on oil burning ships, what is the alternative?

There is already an alternative. It's the hydrogen combustion engine and I don't mean the variant that is essentially just another electric vehicle, but the internal combustion variant, which produces nothing but water as exhaust fumes. We have had that technology since the 90s. The problem so far has always been that producing the hydrogen was much more expensive than producing fossil fuels because it needs a lot of electricity. But since solar panels have come a long way since then and countries like the US have large parts of their country that's almost always sunny, hydrogen is now feasible. While I love the sound of V8s, is it really still necessary to drive cars that guzzle 25 liters per every 100 kilometers/ do 5 miles per gallon?! There's quite a lot that can be done or at the very least be improved. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

There is already an alternative. It's the hydrogen combustion engine and I don't mean the variant that is essentially just another electric vehicle, but the internal combustion variant, which produces nothing but water as exhaust fumes. We have had that technology since the 90s. The problem so far has always been that producing the hydrogen was much more expensive than producing fossil fuels because it needs a lot of electricity. But since solar panels have come a long way since then and countries like the US have large parts of their country that's almost always sunny, hydrogen is now feasible. While I love the sound of V8s, is it really still necessary to drive cars that guzzle 25 liters per every 100 kilometers/ do 5 miles per gallon?! There's quite a lot that can be done or at the very least be improved. 

So let me understand that..

1. We Generate electricity
  2. We use it to electrolyse water into Hydrogen and Oxygen (25% loss)
  3. We compress and store the hydrogen
  4. We put it in trucks and bring it to garages
  5. Cars take that Hydrogen under pressure and put it in their tanks
  6. The cars then explode it and move around 2,000 moving parts (70% loss)

Or, isn't this better, it's certainly much more efficent...

1. We Generate electricity
  2. We put it into our BEV's (4% loss)
  3. It turns the motor (5% loss)

I am seeing a problem with your solution...

Edited by JBChiangRai
  • Thumbs Up 1

Understand this about Trump supporters.

If Trump had made a statement singing the praises of EV cars and policies to host their uptake, the Trump supporters on this forum would be on here raving about how good EVs are.

It’s why they present so many hollow arguments, they are parroting the cult line.