Trump vows to end ‘madness’ of EV push

Social Media

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Climate change can be the most important issue for young voters even if voter turnout from that group is zero.

Correlation/Causation Fallacy:

If two things appear to be correlated, this doesn't necessarily indicate that one of those things irrefutably caused the other thing.

Who cares what 18yo idiots think?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Who cares what 18yo idiots think?

I'd say the USA founding fathers did since many if them were 18 when they started their revolution. They were what you would call 18 yr old idiots ????????????????

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2013/08/how-old-were-the-founding-fathers-the-leaders-of-the-american-revolution-were-younger-than-we-imagine.html

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, bignok said:

Nonsense. 50% means half dont care enough to vote. Thats millions of people. 90% voting would be high.

Why would you double down on wrong? More 18-24 yr olds turned out to vote in 2020 than had, demographically, since the 1960s. Obfuscate all you want, it means more 18-24 year olds were motivated to vote than had been for 60 years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

I took and understand statistics quite well. You are saying as a percentage nearly half of a demographic NOT VOTING in the 2020 USA elections is an awesome stat. I'm not talking about the 1960's or 1970's etc.  Nothing incoherent going on here.  Don't try to pretend that 18-24 year olds care about climate change so much when they don't even lift a PEN in their home and then drop a ballad in the mail. 

See above. I'm done talking to walls. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Why would you double down on wrong? More 18-24 yr olds turned out to vote in 2020 than had, demographically, since the 1960s. Obfuscate all you want, it means more 18-24 year olds were motivated to vote than had been for 60 years. 

Which means young people cared less in the 1960s. You fail to understand math if you think 50% is a high turn out. 50% is low dude. 90% is high.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bbko said:

So in your opinion the average 20 y/o is an idiot and most on here don't know the basics of math & science.  Sheezz, talk about an over-inflated ego, no wonder you're a trump supporter.

Most youngster are clueless about the world. Many old people are too. Plenty of evidence. Most here have never read the IPCC reports and think 51% is a high score 555555

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, mikebike said:

See above. I'm done talking to walls. 

1/2 of 18-24 year olds could not pick up a pen, fill out a ballad and drop it off in their neighborhood mailbox in the 2020 USA elections. Why did you talk to walls? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

First and foremost it tells me Chomper Higgot likes to deflect. If climate change is important to 18-24 year olds they would actually pick up a pen, fill in a ballad while watching a tic tok video about a guy eating super spicy chips or twerking and then walk ( or burn fossil fuels driving ) to a mail box again watching a tic tok video about the wonders of Ozempic injections " not just for diabetes but now for weight loss" and then drop the ballad in the mail. 

Methinks it’s you deflecting.

Go take another look at the OP to remind yourself what the topic of discussion is.

• Haha 1

Wow!anyway to me it’s a simple question anyone bought a gallon of gas lately?yup it’s pricey but convenient.90% of most folks driving is local errands and their commute to work most electric vehicles can handle this plus the tax deduction and benefits to the environment…….it’s a no brainer I’m planing on one for our 2ond car in our future and keep our gladiator for longer trips and hauling stuff 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tug said:

…….it’s a no brainer I’m planing on one for our 2ond car in our future and keep our gladiator for longer trips and hauling stuff 

For a second car, I'd agree.  In fact, I'd call the EV my primary car if I ever decide to become a 2 car guy again.  But what's being run up the flagpole (and Trump is resisting) is the loss of choice- EV mandates/ ICE bans.  We won't have the option of an ICE car, even for those instances where an EV just doesn't have the range and for those days when they tell us to conserve watts because the grid is overloaded.

Edit:  Then the question for the Greens becomes, if you need an ICE for those times, just how much are you saving the planet by having a 2nd car?

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

For a second car, I'd agree.  In fact, I'd call the EV my primary car if I ever decide to become a 2 car guy again.  But what's being run up the flagpole (and Trump is resisting) is the loss of choice- EV mandates/ ICE bans.  We won't have the option of an ICE car, even for those instances where an EV just doesn't have the range and for those days when they tell us to conserve watts because the grid is overloaded.

Edit:  Then the question for the Greens becomes, if you need an ICE for those times, just how much are you saving the planet by having a 2nd car?

The vast majority of people will never face that issue with the range of EVs today and the number is rapidly diminishing. Certainly for somebody who lives in an outback town in Australia it possibly makes no sense to buy an EV just yet. For somebody in NY it makes a lot of sense. For trucks on major highways it makes a lot of sense. The right wing always seem to have this all or nothing obsession ingrained into them. Everything is black or it's white when it's never really like that.

• Thumbs Up 1