Thai women trafficked into Indian brothel seek legal action

snoop1130

they probably knew that it was more than massage, they can't say this here, however they get tricked as they didn't get the money promised, instead to be sex workers they were slaves. 100 000 bahts per month for sex workers isn't that much and they could even have friend making this amount in India, the problem here is that they got scammed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

100,000/30 days = 3333 per job. Do you think that the 'worker' gets all of that. No way.

As sex worker even more, they can get 1000 to 3000 for short time (1h) however here I think they would get peanuts or the very minimum. Here in Thailand depending the brothel they can take near half of what they get. For example if the "massage" is 1600 per hour then the lady get 800-1000, they can get many massages per day depending how attractive they are. Some are making 300 000 per month if they are working like a factory, and this is without counting the sponsors sending money from abroad for "love", they can accumulate several of them, even at 10 000 - 20 000 per sponsors it add up quickly. Just few calls, few minutes a day, a bit of web cam and one sponsor is secure and if they get the jack pot, one sponsor can send more than 50 000. I don't think these ladies were in this category though, they would not bother moving to India.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lolothai said:

As sex worker even more, they can get 1000 to 3000 for short time (1h) however here I think they would get peanuts or the very minimum. Here in Thailand depending the brothel they can take near half of what they get. For example if the "massage" is 1600 per hour then the lady get 800-1000, they can get many massages per day depending how attractive they are. Some are making 300 000 per month if they are working like a factory, and this is without counting the sponsors sending money from abroad for "love", they can accumulate several of them, even at 10 000 - 20 000 per sponsors it add up quickly. Just few calls, few minutes a day, a bit of web cam and one sponsor is secure and if they get the jack pot, one sponsor can send more than 50 000. I don't think these ladies were in this category though, they would not bother moving to India.

Yes, I didn't take multiple jobs per day into account, nor when the painter is in.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, I didn't take multiple jobs per day into account, nor when the painter is in.

I could be wrong maybe they were really not aware that it would be this kind of job but it's quite well known even for "normal" massage types. Anyway in both cases it's unfortunate for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cncltd1973 said:

I wonder what punishment she will be sentenced? that's at least 2 lives she's handed over to sex traders to be traumatized until they're worthless to the trade. didn't mentioned the ages of the women so we can only guess

No guessing required if you can read the full story.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lolothai said:

they probably knew that it was more than massage, they can't say this here, however they get tricked as they didn't get the money promised, instead to be sex workers they were slaves. 100 000 bahts per month for sex workers isn't that much and they could even have friend making this amount in India, the problem here is that they got scammed.

100k a month for an average sex worker in Bagkok would be a lot of money.

2 hours ago, Don Chance said:

It is not a billion.

The latest WHO-UNICEF data shows at least one-sixth of India’s rural population still defecate in the open and a quarter doesn’t have even basic sanitation access  

Why waste a good fertiliser if defecating in open field can serves 2 purposes? 

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Victims of a deception, however when going to work abroad it is worth investing some time in doing homework to check everything is straight before boarding the aircraft and leaving.

The internet is a useful tool in checking things out, just as a start.

Just like there's countless stories of farangs coming to Thailand, being told they are a "handsome man", falling in love with a bar girl only to end up with a lighter bank account and a broken heart.

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Cardinalblue1958 said:

What’s worse - incredible human stupidity or humans taking advantage of their fellow man for pure greed

case example - Trump followers or Trump himself 

Always those worse are those who are preying on the weak, gullible and vulnerable.

Edited by freeworld
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Yes some get duped but mostly they know its very risky business and its mostly their own countrymen that exploit them but their greed is too great.

Spot on….. 3 of wife's friends work the circuit Seoul, Bali, Dubai, Singapore with short breaks in between….

I lived and worked in India, a long time ago. I have been to Indian brothels. Not someplace you want to send up working. At some massage shops, a gal can kind of pick and choose her customers and what she is willing to do. So, definitely not as advertised. 

However, for a promise of 100,000 baht a month, it is unreasonable to expect that performing sex was not part of the deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jealous Lazy Westerner said:

Are you dumb , did you ever visit India . Did you watch people <deleted> on open field . Which country you from Mr . Old fart GrandDaughter slayer . Stop fake and jealous propaganda against India . Better take care your ( wives & gf)  grand daughters , and continue your disguising family line here in Thailand but without hate against a particular community .

Sorry but it’s true. I’ve spent a long time in India. The poverty of Delhi and Bombay is horrifying. The cast discrimination still exists, even though many Indians deny it. I lived in Goa, which is relatively prosperous due to the large tourist trade, but which also attracts a lot of unsavory characters. I rented a lovely villa from a friend who left to join the Osho Rajneesh in Poona .Getting up very early in the morning, I often saw the lines of workers in the fields doing their “ daily business “. Also the trenches with pigs under some of the poorer shacks makeshift toilets with no water !! It’s a very poor country , and I feel bad for the downtrodden Indians who somehow manage to eat.

3 hours ago, Jealous Lazy Westerner said:

Are you dumb , did you ever visit India . Did you watch people <deleted> on open field . Which country you from Mr . Old fart GrandDaughter slayer . Stop fake and jealous propaganda against India . Better take care your ( wives & gf)  grand daughters , and continue your disguising family line here in Thailand but without hate against a particular community .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, geisha said:

Sorry but it’s true. I’ve spent a long time in India. The poverty of Delhi and Bombay is horrifying. The cast discrimination still exists, even though many Indians deny it. I lived in Goa, which is relatively prosperous due to the large tourist trade, but which also attracts a lot of unsavory characters. I rented a lovely villa from a friend who left to join the Osho Rajneesh in Poona .Getting up very early in the morning, I often saw the lines of workers in the fields doing their “ daily business “. Also the trenches with pigs under some of the poorer shacks makeshift toilets with no water !! It’s a very poor country , and I feel bad for the downtrodden Indians who somehow manage to eat.

don’t feel bad for India or any developing Asian country . Worry about yourself . Wash your hand after using loo. Grand paaa 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Just like there's countless stories of farangs coming to Thailand, being told they are a "handsome man", falling in love with a bar girl only to end up with a lighter bank account and a broken heart.

There's no denying that either... you can't cure stupidity

19 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Naivety appears to be the problem here.

If something sounds to good to be true....then it probably is.

And ignorance, bad education and sheer desperation.

A shame they didn't consult with some of the ASEAN Now social scientists and detectives first.

33 minutes ago, BusyB said:

And ignorance, bad education and sheer desperation.

A shame they didn't consult with some of the ASEAN Now social scientists and detectives first.

Nah, they all knew they were going to work in a brothel.

Their complaint is really about not getting paid 100kbht/month for doing it.

How sheltered do you imagine 30+yo Thai women are?

8 hours ago, stevecarteraus said:

Sad to see victim blaming here. Each of us has fallen for a deception at some time but maybe not as bad as this. Human trafficking has millions of victims every year, sometimes fatal consequences, there is no excuse for the perpetrators and to blame victims is pure arrogance and bastardry.

don't use sloppy cliches to try and win an argument. If somebody swims on a shark infested beach and gets eaten, are they a victim? NO ... we used to call people like that blo*dy idiots, dumb as*es, because when you have no common sense evolution will see you quickly become part of the food chain.

39 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Nah, they all knew they were going to work in a brothel.

Their complaint is really about not getting paid 100kbht/month for doing it.

How sheltered do you imagine 30+yo Thai women are?

They don't target the smart ones, they go for the vulnerable ones because they're the ones who fall for it.

Too easy to blame the victims of what is a serious crime involving fraud, kidnapping, trafficking, extortion and forcing people into prostitution.

How good that we on ASEAN Now lead such pristine lives and are so knowledgeable - especially about people we've never met.