Who lives in a studio ?

georgegeorgia

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

This thread is about studios so people banging on their non studios is off topic, but expected

Understood, but you included ‘sea view’ in your criticism, which I think was unfair. I think a pleasant view contributes to a healthy outlook. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Understood, but you included ‘sea view’ in your criticism, which I think was unfair. I think a pleasant view contributes to a healthy outlook. 

yes it does i have a partial sea view and mountain view, but people bang on about seaviews and they are over rated, i see better views when out and about outside Pattaya

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

yes it does i have a partial sea view and mountain view, but people bang on about seaviews and they are over rated, i see better views when out and about outside Pattaya

There you are, doing it again. You have no idea as to what others can see and experience, but you choose to insist that you do and that what you do is better. You are just going on your limited experience. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Says the person who always thinks he knows better ???? in his OCD way

If I do, it’s quantifiable, as opposed to a ‘jumped up’ opinion.
You should actually learn the meaning of OCD, rather than utilising the word like a petulant school child. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

How high up do you have to be before mosquitoes are not a problem? 

They don't make them that high. I've rented a unit on the 21st floor and had lots of bites. Now I insist on a screen regardless of floor. The “no mosquitoes that high“ is another one of the lies the agents/landlords perpetuate to convince another sucker to sign on the dotted line. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

For me it's about hedging my bets, I didn't want to spend too much buying a place in Thailand, remember they can kick us out anytime, make the retirement financials stupid high. Money is better invested elsewhere, but I appreciate people like bragging rights, so many bedrooms, sea view etc etc yawn yawn

When one can rent a great place here for under $1000 a month, why buy? It is a renters market here. Hooray! 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Everyone to their own I suppose spidermike, and I would never have thought that I would be living in an apartment, albeit 50 square metres with a large balcony, after having a large and lovely three bedroomed house on a large piece of land in the UK, and similar in NZ.

When I moved to Phuket I bought a nice house and kitted it out to my specs, especially the kitchen and bathroom areas and was quite happy living in it along with the GF and her daughter, and whilst I was there I bought another house that needed doing up, because I wanted something to do.

Jump forward five years and after the GF and I split, I found that the house was just too big for one person, and I felt like I was rattling around in it, although I'd had a very large house in the UK, now it just seemed too big and of course it had to be cleaned. So I sold it, and as I had already sold the other house, I needed to look for somewhere to live, so I searched around and found this apartment.

I thought I would stay in it for a few months to give me time to look around, and here I am some 12 years later, still in it, and I don't have a problem with the space because it's all I need, and although I occasionally look around at other apartments, I feel at home here and the people who own it know me and are very nice, and is very convenient to all I need so why move?

I could easily afford to buy another house if I wanted to, but as I'm happy and satisfied here, there's no need to do so.

It is all about contentment. And if renting, hard to beat a good landlord. If it works for you, stick with it. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, gargamon said:

They don't make them that high. I've rented a unit on the 21st floor and had lots of bites. Now I insist on a screen regardless of floor. The “no mosquitoes that high“ is another one of the lies the agents/landlords perpetuate to convince another sucker to sign on the dotted line. 

Agree.

On 9/7/2023 at 11:32 AM, PoorSucker said:

My Studio is about 40sqm + balcony where eight people can sit comfortably.

12 floor, central Pattaya, partly seaview, pool, gym, underground garage.

100.000 baht per year in rent, fully furnished.

pls show a photo with 8 people sitting on your balcony.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Oceans look like oceans. A sea view is super boring imo. Mountains are better.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Oceans look like oceans. A sea view is super boring imo. Mountains are better.

I think it gives you a sense of space and expanse, when behind you all there is is 30 m2 with a bed occupying most of that. 

The conclusion is , I couldn't live in a studio , the ones that look like hotel rooms would be the worst .

Watching TV from your bed everyday .

Sink outside in some ,in fact some have only the bathroom sink 

Nope ... couldn't do it 

I have empathy for you guys doing it ,is that what you wanted in life to end up in a small bedsitter ?

I found a nice studio central in Hua Hin at Condochain. Old <deleted>ty building but it had Great balcony and Great view. One of the best prospects I looked at back in time before I decided not to invest in any condo in Thailand. There is several old condominiums that is worth checking out in the area if studio with feeling of larger room and large balconies. 

Myself happy to live without neighbour's outback in Isan for now, but later, it might be more realistic with Bangkok Hospital and blueport as closest neighbour's ???? 

At minimum an outside kitchen at balcony if no space inside for a decent kitchen. 

091 436 9379

https://maps.app.goo.gl/P27T1rrYF7eFgkQSA

26 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

The conclusion is , I couldn't live in a studio , the ones that look like hotel rooms would be the worst .

Watching TV from your bed everyday .

Sink outside in some ,in fact some have only the bathroom sink 

Nope ... couldn't do it 

I have empathy for you guys doing it ,is that what you wanted in life to end up in a small bedsitter ?

I assume you have come to the light about the down side of being a minimalist? What made you change your mind from thinking you would be happy with a mat on the floor to think sitting on the bed to watch TV was not acceptable?

I think I am a bit of a minimalist but never have I considered a mat on the floor without a fridge to be a possibility.

20 hours ago, NextG said:

There you are, doing it again. You have no idea as to what others can see and experience, but you choose to insist that you do and that what you do is better. You are just going on your limited experience. 

It’s posts on where he is, etc, not advice on the op’s question or advice for others. Like he is posting to confirm his own situation.