A stark reminder of Thai "hospitality"

mike111

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well how do you think I found out it was too thin ...   I only used a couple of sheets, I've still got the plastic wrap it came in,   it's slightly stained but i'm sure they'll understand that can't be helped.

Take the condoms back used, say they were a bit small

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

It may be easier for you Mr Wiggy, but I can Google anything on my phone that I can do on my PC/tablet. Now back to Thai hospitality please.

As can everyone else that has a phone. It's never good to assume. Just said it's easier to google on a computer, especially if your vision isn't it used to be. As per the topic, I agreed with him that some here are prejudiced against foreigners and won't go the extra distance like they will with locals. I've seen this. Some think he's being petty.We weren't there, so I give the benefit of the doubt to him.

Edited by fredwiggy

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Some time ago when I was living on Samui I had an issue with an air conditioner that I had just bought from Homepro. I went into Homepro asking for service and got no satisfaction at all. I asked for the manager which is something that I usually do, when I am not getting anywhere, and she had a terrible attitude and was very unhelpful.

I had got her name, went home, looked up the head office in Bangkok, sent them a quick email explaining the situation calling her out by name and within an hour I got a phone call from a vice president telling me that everything would be addressed, and he said that I should go back into the store the following morning. When I did I got a deep bow from the manager, I'm so sorry I misunderstood yesterday. What can I do to make you happy? It was the exact response I wanted the first time around but that I got after she had been scolded by the VP, and likely her job had been threatened if her attitude didn't improve. Sometimes we just have to escalate things to a more senior employer or manager in order to get things done here, sometimes the fools on the floor just don't know what service looks like.

My Thai wife was shocked when I first started doing this, as she tried to explain to me that they do not have customer service in Thailand. I explained to her that they sure do! Now she realizes that service does exist, can exist, and will exist if the right amount of will, force and action is brought to the table.

Well it happened. Fact. All I can go on. And you don't know me, so doubt all you want. Why would I fabricate a story like that? Think about it. I did not reach out to a VP. I simply sent an articulate note to the email contact on the website. And unlike your supposition that they do not get read, it was responded too quickly. Might have helped that I added that I was averaging 100,000 to 200,000 baht a year in Home Pro expenditures with my hilltop villa, at the time. A VP took it upon himself, called me that day, speaking perfect English, and asked me if I would be kind enough to visit the store again tomorrow. 

I suppose with any service anywhere, it comes down to the approach one uses, negotiating skill and fortitude. I do not let these things go. 

You can lay down and die, like a submissive sheep in this life, or you can defend your dignity and put up a fight. 

I usually choose the latter. Don't consider myself to be a dog or a doormat, and prefer not to let others that I do business with treat me like either. 

My Thai wife has been astonished a dozen times when things like this have come up, and she has seen me wage battle. She just shakes her head and says great job. I had no idea!

Your wife sounds a bit slow.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love It 1

returning a few dollars worth of stuff to a shop in Thailand ? really ?

this has nothing to do with "Thai hospitality", this behavior is akin to a beggar not a foreigner with several time the income of the average Thai, no wonder you are treated like one.

go back to europe if you like those freaking laws so much ... and watch as you slowly drown into them.

Edited by freeman01
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, freeman01 said:

returning a few dollars worth of stuff to a shop in Thailand ? really ?

this has nothing to do with "Thai hospitality", this behavior is akin to a beggar not a foreigner with several time the income of the average Thai, no wonder you are treated like one.

go back to europe if you like those freaking laws so much ... and watch as you slowly drown into them.

The farang hate on the site really is a phenomenon.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yes very strange but 100% correct.

Not really.

How about the word bow?

Is it?

1   something used with an arrow.

2   a man bending from the waist.

3   part of a tree. No that is spelt bough.

How about sew? is it something to do with

1   repairing a garment.

2   planting fruit and vegetables. No, that is spelt sow.

Sow pronounced differently but spelled the same is a female pig.

How about

cough

rough

tough

trough

Or toe and toe.

Or to, too and two.

Or waist and waste.

If you are fluent in English and taught old style English of 50 or 60 years ago you would understand that English is context based.

So the sentence " he shot an arrow" can only mean one word, Bow.

If UK English is not your first language it is a very hard language.

That is without

US English

Canadian English

Australian English

New Zealand English

Indian English

Pakistani English

All the other variations of English

Not to mention Singlish from Singapore or Tinglish from Thailand.

All that plus Welsh, Scottish Highland and Lowland, Northern Southern Irish, English.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

As can everyone else that has a phone. It's never good to assume. Just said it's easier to google on a computer, especially if your vision isn't it used to be. As per the topic, I agreed with him that some here are prejudiced against foreigners and won't go the extra distance like they will with locals. I've seen this. Some think he's being petty.We weren't there, so I give the benefit of the doubt to him.

They'd likely have had more respect if it was a local, rather than treating him with such contempt..... mainly because they'd fear the local's reaction.

Farang are generally not considered a threat to Thais in any way.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

There's absolutely nothing in that article that says they don't count deaths after leaving the sceme. It's nonsense.

When you reply, you have to post the whole thing, or others might take it out of context. I said, the newscasters have said they aren't counting the deaths after leaving the scene. Then I posted that link for the other man who replied to my topic, for his benefit. That was two different things I posted that aren't related to each other besides both being about Thailand traffic deaths.

• Confused 2

35 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

When you reply, you have to post the whole thing, or others might take it out of context. I said, the newscasters have said they aren't counting the deaths after leaving the scene. Then I posted that link for the other man who replied to my topic, for his benefit. That was two different things I posted that aren't related to each other besides both being about Thailand traffic deaths.

I didn't include that bit because it sounded like nonsense. Which newscasters? You watch Thai news, speak fluent Thai and they preface the news by saying that? More nonsense.

Unfortunately I do have to endure Thai TV news sometimes, I do speak Thai, I have never heard them say that,

Surely it can't be hard to find a link to support that claim if even newscasters are saying it randomly? Must be lots of evidence to support it.

18 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I didn't include that bit because it sounded like nonsense. Which newscasters? You watch Thai news, speak fluent Thai and they preface the news by saying that? More nonsense.

Unfortunately I do have to endure Thai TV news sometimes, I do speak Thai, I have never heard them say that,

Surely it can't be hard to find a link to support that claim if even newscasters are saying it randomly? Must be lots of evidence to support it.

No, my girlfriend is Thai, and translates. I've heard it a few times, not sure where, but it wasn't  Thai reporters on Mono 29 or 27. Some news you can get here they speak English. If I remember, it was channel 2, Thai TBS or another in the lower channels. I don't make things up, and why would I? That's not something you would make up for any reason. It makes sense that local channels would only speak of deaths at the scene, and not do a follow up. Stats should include follow up for a certain amount of days, so it wasn't from a link, but I've heard it a few times. It also may have been on American channels, as I do get news from home o Yahoo.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

7/11 return policy:

Returns & Exchanges Guidance

Your item must be in its original unused condition to be returned, unless there is a manufacturer defect. You must return the item within 30 days of your purchase. Discounted sale items and gift cards are final and cannot be returned or exchanged.

To determine if you are eligible for a return, follow the steps below:

1. Email [email protected] with your Order Number and specify which product you would like to return. We will get back to you as soon as possible with return instructions.

2. Once the return has been received by our warehouse, a refund will be issued.

If you're looking to exchange an item, follow the steps above and place a brand new order!

*Some items may not be eligible for returns or exchanges. Items stated as final sale are unable to be returned or exchanged.

Did you seriously search for that, a handful of bags that cost next to nothing?

brilliant! ????