Age limit for student visa? 50?

Im not sure if its official rule or just some immigration offices have this age limit, but friend of mine in Phuket told me few months ago, that language school director said in Phuket if you are over 50 you can`t get ED visa.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, drkenchso said:

there is rumour or news that immigration is going to tighten up and monitor many kinds of visas application and requirement ed visa included. search for more info from stickmanbangkok.com or integrity legal youtuber

Your source is Stickman ???? ????

• Haha 1

In the previous Russian invasion (before the Ruble collapsed) Phuket immigration had to crack down on the ED visa because it was being used by the Russian mafia and prostitutes to work in and around Patong.  Compulsory classroom attendance, random school inspections and a raft of other measures where introduced.

As always this was not to actually stop Russians using the ED visa for nefarious purposes, but rather to increase the stream of teamoney.

I see similar pushback now from the Thais in Phuket as the Russian are back in force and working illegally right across the island (exactly as I predicted would happen a year ago but my posts were deleted as unfounded and speculative).  Immigration will now start to move to implement more restrictions on the ED.  I have met perhaps 50 Russians of all ages from Phuket that have visited the beaches in my region.  All of them were on the ED.  And I should add, many of them were families with Mum and Dad well over 50.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2023 at 2:18 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Over 50 he should just do the retirement process, far cheaper than a student visa

How is this cheaper? Don't I have to lodge 800K into a bank account and go through all of the hoop jumping to open one? 
Genuinely interesting in hearing more about this option. Maybe I have it all wrong.

4 hours ago, FreddieMercury said:

How is this cheaper? Don't I have to lodge 800K into a bank account and go through all of the hoop jumping to open one? 
Genuinely interesting in hearing more about this option. Maybe I have it all wrong.

With an agent non imm O retirememt, 26k first year, 12.5k year after, Student visa 40-50k

Here is a thread and also in that thread I posted link to ubonjoe post.

"No age limit" 

However as posted in this thread a better option is non O retirement with subsequent extension.

Does not prevent you from any studies. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1