Stray dog sanctuary’s ‘leash’ of hope in jeopardy as land lease nears end

snoop1130

13 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Firsyl I have twice been with people who were bitten by dogs in Chiang Mai. Many publics places you can't even go because people lets their dogs roam the streets and may bite.

Yeah this is a people problem first and foremost. The people here want and condone stray dogs running around their streets and refuse to euthanatize under any circumstance. I've given up trying to reason with them because it's clear they want this so outcome.

I wouldn't even bother to fund shelters because for every dog they "rescue" some idiots will be feeding strays and you'll get 5 more. Bottom line is Thai's have not learned to be civilized with dogs yet and there's nothing we can do about it.

I'm afraid that you're absolutely correct. As I said in previous posts, the government needs to get involved and take some meaningful action to stem the problem of stray dogs, but, of course, it never will. In my long experience here, I've concluded that government entities of all sizes are virtually useless. Ordinary citizens will do nothing, except possibly make the situation even worse, so there is no end in sight to the problem. 

• Love It 1

13 hours ago, quake said:

People first, end of

Animals don't even come on my charity list.

You can do what you want.

But don't come on a forum announcing how charitable you are to dog charities and expect, no flack.

( most of us keep our mouths shut about what we do )

So, yes you are sad for that.

Firstly, I can announce anything I want on a public forum as long as it doesn't violate the rules of etiquette. It's called freedom of expression, and it's considered to be a sacred right where I'm from. How unfortunate that the place you escaped from doesn't enshrine the same freedom. And, secondly, the majority of people who post here spend a great deal of time talking about exactly what they do, so your statement that people keep their mouths shut is absurd, ridiculous, and ludicrous. 

5 hours ago, acepredator said:

Firstly, I can announce anything I want on a public forum as long as it doesn't violate the rules of etiquette. It's called freedom of expression, and it's considered to be a sacred right where I'm from. How unfortunate that the place you escaped from doesn't enshrine the same freedom. And, secondly, the majority of people who post here spend a great deal of time talking about exactly what they do, so your statement that people keep their mouths shut is absurd, ridiculous, and ludicrous. 

What a laugh.  

face palm.JPG

• Thanks 2

Drove from pattaya to Udon the other week

I counted 22 dead soi dogs,  just on the offside of my car.

They are an epidemic here. 

Behind my place in pattaya, two packs of dogs, a pack of 10 and a pack of 11,  come to fight every night and sometimes in the day. ( can you imagine what that is like )

I would be vey happy if they departed this world very soon.

this congregation of dogs has been caused by idiots feeding them.

I see we have some of ( these idiots on this thread )

do-gooder's,  helping Thailand.

But they have,  no Soi dogs themselves.

This is  from google. not my journey

Best Soi dog 2023. :thumbsup:

soi dog.JPG

Edited by quake
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, go back there then, there are limits here!

There are limits there, too. Nobody ever said that freedom of expression is limitless. Generally speaking, the line is drawn when freedom of expression causes harm to someone else. The classic example, specifically concerning freedom of speech, is that one cannot scream "Fire!" in a crowded movie theater. Thanks very much for your suggestion, but I'll stay where I am for now. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, quake said:

Drove from pattaya to Udon the other week

I counted 22 dead soi dogs,  just on the offside of my car.

They are an epidemic here. 

Behind my place in pattaya, two packs of dogs, a pack of 10 and a pack of 11,  come to fight every night and sometimes in the day. ( can you imagine what that is like )

I would be vey happy if they departed this world very soon.

this congregation of dogs has been caused by idiots feeding them.

I see we have some of ( these idiots on this thread )

do-gooder's,  helping Thailand.

But they have,  no Soi dogs themselves.

This is  from google. not my journey

Best Soi dog 2023. :thumbsup:

soi dog.JPG

By definition soi dogs are not owned by anyone. They live in a soi, which is why we call them soi dogs. Simple enough for you to comprehend? And, yes, yet again I will say for about the tenth time on this thread that they are pests and that the problem needs to be dealt with in a meaningful and efficacious, but humane, manner. That manner does not involve hollow-point .22 bullets fired from a Sterling semi-automatic rifle or running them over with your car. I think that intelligent and compassionate people (something decidedly in extremely short supply on this thread) can find a better way to deal with this serious problem.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2023 at 3:00 PM, acepredator said:

Wow!!! Over half a century without meat. Congratulations. Your longevity is a testament to the benefits one can experience being meat free. And, yes, the hypocrisy of animal lovers who eat meat is appalling. I've known a significant number of animal lovers in my life, but only a few vegetarians and even fewer vegans. Sad to say, but the vast majority of people in the world will be eating meat until they draw their last breaths.  

So, you don't feed your dogs meat? 

Yoi don't care about the cows, chickens and other animals that are factory farmed, transported in crowded conditions, and killed in a slaughter house.....just to make food for your pampered pets? 

It amazes me the vegetarians or vegans that keep pets that eat meat. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2023 at 12:23 AM, jak2002003 said:

So, you don't feed your dogs meat? 

Yoi don't care about the cows, chickens and other animals that are factory farmed, transported in crowded conditions, and killed in a slaughter house.....just to make food for your pampered pets? 

It amazes me the vegetarians or vegans that keep pets that eat meat. 

I don't have dogs in Thailand, but in America I fed my dogs the canned dog food that they preferred, which was made from meat. While dogs are classified as omnivores, they are, in reality, carnivores by choice. If no other food source were available, they would eat food derived from plants, but they'd be much happier eating meat. Whoever heard of a vegetarian or vegan dog?

And, yes, factory farming is a crime against the animals that are forced to be subjected to it. But, of course, the vast majority of those animals are fed to people, not pampered pets. Pets have very limited choices in what they can eat, unlike people. If more people stopped eating meat, the factory farming system would undergo radical changes in a very short period of time. Don't blame pets for factory farming; blame people who feel they cannot live without consuming meat. 

Edited by acepredator
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, acepredator said:

I don't have dogs in Thailand, but in America I fed my dogs the canned dog food that they preferred, which was made from meat. While dogs are classified as omnivores, they are, in reality, carnivores by choice. If no other food source were available, they would eat food derived from plants, but they'd be much happier eating meat. Whoever heard of a vegetarian or vegan dog?

And, yes, factory farming is a crime against the animals that are forced to be subjected to it. But, of course, the vast majority of those animals are fed to people, not pampered pets. Pets have very limited choices in what they can eat, unlike people. If more people stopped eating meat, the factory farming system would undergo radical changes in a very short period of time. Don't blame pets for factory farming; blame people who feel they cannot live without consuming meat. 

So... Go and buy live rabbits and Guinea pigs to throw for dog to kill and eat.  That way you eliminate the cruelty of factory farming.

Double standards if you feed killed animals to your pets but say people are cruel to eat animals. 

Humans are also omnivores naturally...same as chimps.... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, quake said:

Yes , two roosters two days ago.

they are now chicken stock, excellent for my home made bake beans. :thumbsup:

( Feeding the soi dogs was a joke )

Well it shouldn't be, they need your support to bring up the next litter!

Just now, jacko45k said:

Well it shouldn't be, they need your support to bring up the next litter!

No your wrong, according to some posters, feeding soi dogs does not mean you get more soi dogs. :cheesy:

My eyes tell me different, but there you go.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

So... Go and buy live rabbits and Guinea pigs to throw for dog to kill and eat.  That way you eliminate the cruelty of factory farming.

Double standards if you feed killed animals to your pets but say people are cruel to eat animals. 

Humans are also omnivores naturally...same as chimps.... 

Thanks very much for the suggestion, but I find it to be just a bit on the impractical side. Buying and handling live animals would be very costly and difficult. In addition, modern, domesticated dogs wouldn't have the slightest idea how to kill and eat a live animal, at least the dogs I've owned wouldn't. Today's pampered dogs have evolved to be fed food that comes from a can or a sealed bag. I'm afraid there are no other viable options. 

• Sad 1