Biden impeachment inquiry: McCarthy says House will investigate president

Social Media

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

Trump lobbying key Republicans over attempt to impeach Joe Biden
Republicans prominent in move to accelerate long-shot bid say they have been in close touch with twice-impeached ex-president

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/13/trump-impeachment-biden-republicans-lobbying

This investigation has been ongoing for months, without any comment about Trump. Now the next step has been announced, suddenly Trump is supposed to be the driver! What a load.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My bet is on Biden winning on who will still have a job between McCarthy or Biden?

Matt Gaetz Gives Kevin McCarthy Final Warning (newsweek.com)

Bear in mind that prior to January 20th 2021 Gaetz was trying to get a pardon from DT (he didn't).  But seeking the pardon is an admission of guilt.  Was it for the well-known underage sex thing, or is there something else?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The key is that McCarthy did not want a vote of the full House for this inquiry. But, apparently it takes a vote of the full House to grant subpoena power.

HOWEVER, some committees already have subpoena power, and one of them could conduct the inquiry, with requiring a full vote of the House.

McCarthy must know the rule of the DOJ and is using this act to slow walk until the funding is passed to the Senate.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

McCarthy must know the rule of the DOJ and is using this act to slow walk until the funding is passed to the Senate.

McCarthy is going through the motions.

Anyway, the MAGA Republicans in the House are incompetent, so not much will come of this.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, impulse said:

To be complete, you need to add that the investigation has been going on for months, but without benefit of subpoena power.   

Pelosi handed them subpoena power by starting her Trump impeachment without a vote.   Apparently never figured it would be used by the other side.

My forecast still stands.  Biden will have an off-camera health event which will force Dr Jill to announce his resignation.  Kamala will pre-emptively pardon Joe to "quit distracting from the business of gub'ment" (a'la Ford/Nixon) and Joe will have negotiated a pardon for Hunter as part of the deal.

Well a lot of things might happen but that could be one route.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LosLobo said:

This impeachment inquiry was predicated by Trump's perfect phone call, which was many, many months ago, in fact in July 2019.

Trump knew he could not fairly win the 2020 elections and sort foreign interference as he did in 2016.

To improve his election chances, he tried to blackmail Zelensky to get dirt on Biden from his son's link with Burisma.

Fast forward to the 2024 elections, this kabuki inquiry by the GOP is just episode two of Trumps's 2019 'perfect phone call'.

How Donald Trump's 'perfect' phone call foretold his 2020 loss | CNN Politics

You sound confused. 

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Criminals attacking a sitting president?  Rings a bell.

They obviously have proof and this inquiry will force more to be provided. 

Yes, obviously. When do you think they'll produce what they have already? After they go on a fishing trip? Fishing trips aren't a bad thing but in this case we know it's purely to deflect away from Trump.

44 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Yes, obviously. When do you think they'll produce what they have already? After they go on a fishing trip? Fishing trips aren't a bad thing but in this case we know it's purely to deflect away from Trump.

I'm not sure when they will, or even when they have to. They want as much as they can get before an actual impeachment and this inquiry process apparently helps them get it.  

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You keep saying things like this might happen soon, or be patient all will be revealed in the future.

Somehow it never does.

I was responding to impulse about his forecast. What are you talking about?

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Well a lot of things might happen but that could be one route.

25 minutes ago, billd766 said:

You keep saying things like this might happen soon, or be patient all will be revealed in the future.

Somehow it never does.

7 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I was responding to impulse about his forecast. What are you talking about?

I was responding to your post.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

I'm not sure when they will, or even when they have to. They want as much as they can get before an actual impeachment and this inquiry process apparently helps them get it.  

They claim they already have it. Just not telling us. This impeachment is all about Trump. Because Trump got impeached twice. The maganauts think this is the best shot they'll get. Most people think they're in the clown car.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They claim they already have it. Just not telling us. This impeachment is all about Trump. Because Trump got impeached twice. The maganauts think this is the best shot they'll get. Most people think they're in the clown car.

Not according to CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics/poll-hunter-biden/index.html

This inquiry is all about Biden & family and mainly what happened before Trump even announced he was running. 

Edited by nauseus
+ last para
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Not according to CNN

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics/poll-hunter-biden/index.html

This inquiry is all about Biden & family and mainly what happened before Trump even announced he was running.

The impeachment is now. The time of the alleged crime is completely irrelevant. The house nut jobs don't care if Biden has dirty shoes, they just want to impeach him.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

But you got a response anyway. 

Anything posted on ANN/TVF is open to any response from any poster.

Even if it's nothing to do with the post that you are responding to? 

Carry on then but it can get lonely out there. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

Even if it's nothing to do with the post that you are responding to? 

Carry on then but it can get lonely out there. 

I was directly responding to your post and not to any other post.

If I wanted to reply to a different post then I would not have replied to you.