When you're old & lonely

georgegeorgia

7 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

think that you think too much 

Yesterday I watched a video of someone who walked around the slums in Manila including little tiny alleys with people's laundry hanging up.

"This is real", he said.

People were very friendly, he said.

Sure,I would walk around at night, he said.

So.... the point is that Manila is full of lots of really poor people who are happy and just trying to get by.

But I already know that.  I don't need to walk around slums to see that.  I've already walked around in low income areas in many countries.  90% of people are good people just getting by.  It's that other 10% you gotta watch out for.

Why push your luck?  Thrill seeking?  Surviving getting knifed? 

What's the point?!?!?

Your inability to use Google search for 30seconds and find budget accomodations in a reasonably safe neighborhood is not something that a majority of the world wants to see.

"Favala" tourism to me is pointless.  You're either part of the problem or you're part of the solution.  Smart people already know Manila is a place to avoid.  There's lots of places in the world to avoid, no need to list them here.

You treat people with respect and they treat you the same.  But their path is for them to walk, not I.  Me walking around with a camera on a selfie stick mumbling about how real poverty is does nothing for the people experiencing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

One needs to make themselves happy also.  If you don’t have much going for yourself, you will be miserable.  And women don’t usually go for miserable men that have nothing to show for themselves.  And can barely take care of themselves. And I’m not talking about women who are bar girls or just looking for money. 

30 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

One needs to make themselves happy also.  If you don’t have much going for yourself, you will be miserable.  And women don’t usually go for miserable men that have nothing to show for themselves.  And can barely take care of themselves. And I’m not talking about women who are bar girls or just looking for money. 

That goes for women too. A lot have nothing going for them and depend on manipulation and guile to get what they want. 
On the male side, there are those who are unable to make a connection. It doesn’t take a genius to understand that shooting fish in a barrel is not the same as fishing in a river. But that is exactly why they travel to Thailand.  So we have on the one side, males lacking the necessary social skills to make and keep a friend, at the mercy of women whose sole purpose is to extract money from them. 
The illusion of the ‘girlfriend experience’ has faded away and reality is biting them. 

Edited by NextG
  • Love It 1

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

So apparently so many Reg's ,it's fun for awhile isn't it ,moving to Thailand particularly Pattaya,then you find out there is no real friends,no family , No real love 

10 years ago I worked at a community college (I was not an instructor) in CA and I was surprised that there were many girls who were interested in me, even though I was in my early 50s. I heard a few times that they wanted to have sex with me (amazing beautiful girls). They just wanted to have fun with a handsome nice smiling man ???? . There were many hungry teachers as well, in different ages.
Here you have to pay, one way or another. Nothing is free. You will be lonely even though you have some people around you. 

6 minutes ago, The Theory said:

10 years ago I worked at a community college (I was not an instructor) in CA and I was surprised that there were many girls who were interested in me, even though I was in my early 50s. I heard a few times that they wanted to have sex with me (amazing beautiful girls). They just wanted to have fun with a handsome nice smiling man ???? . There were many hungry teachers as well, in different ages.
Here you have to pay, one way or another. Nothing is free. You will be lonely even though you have some people around you. 

I don’t think you’re really cut out for teaching. Maybe try sanitation or some profession where you work alone, like accounting.

• Haha 1

I'm not ashamed to say I feel like this guy at times.

There's a number of younger expats in Thailand but they are mostly busy with work and I don't meet them often. The type of expat that tends to be available to be buddies with is fat old men that like to spend there time in bars shagging hookers. Which is fine but not my cup of tea.

So if you have no family and few friends in Thailand and no job life can get lonely pretty fast.

Finding good women can be a challenge. Most of the girls in apps are prostitutes or ladyboys.

There's a good video about loneliness I saw the other day that I will post below. 

I didn't realise the physical affects it has on people.

It is a common thing and I bet there's a bunch of Reggies in Thailand.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

So some expats pay to be loved and have someone care for them?

Yes, although my wife loves me, and has her own small shop, I still give her an allowance, that way anything she wants its up to her to buy, easier for me to budget, no sudden expenses.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

I have had at least three girlfriends that told me they loved me but didn't show it.

I have had four dogs during my life and none of them told me they loved me but they certainly showed i!

And I am NOT a human you need to avoid!

The ones that suggest such silly things in the first place are the ones you do need to avoid. 
If someone takes good care of their animals, they are likely to also take good care of you. It would be their nature. 

20 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

It's weird to bring your own to a restaurant. If the tea is not good, why not order something else, and drink the tea at home.

I occasionally bring Old Bay crab and shrimp seasoning to Oishi to add to the hot pot.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, transam said:

If one doesn't like the marriage traditions of the country you want to live in, why come...?   ????

You might like to consider that not all women require all the marriage traditions to be met, especially as in the case of the OP, that of sinsod or dowry of any kind.

11 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

You might like to consider that not all women require all the marriage traditions to be met, especially as in the case of the OP, that of sinsod or dowry of any kind.

Of course, we are all individuals with individual thoughts, but, farangy's should fully understand traditions here, before they get involved....:whistling:

We always get the tough guy members spouting their "I give nothing" tosh, but do we really know they give nothing............????

On 9/13/2023 at 5:31 PM, georgegeorgia said:

He came here to Pattaya he says and now is depressed , sits in his apartment all-day he can't meet a proper partner to love in Pattaya and he misses his weekly Bingo in Australia and his Lawn bowls 

That's on him. My last year in LOS I never had a woman at all, and was never lonely. There is so much to do in LOS that one is never going to find if sitting in the room. One has to go out and look.

Take up a hobby, work at an orphanage or such like. Plenty to do and meet people at same time.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That's on him. My last year in LOS I never had a woman at all, and was never lonely. There is so much to do in LOS that one is never going to find if sitting in the room. One has to go out and look.

Take up a hobby, work at an orphanage or such like. Plenty to do and meet people at same time.

Do you regret leaving? 
We’re your financials really that bad that you couldn’t afford to stick it out?

It’s rare that I see a happy post from you, but you seem more engaged than earlier at least. 

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2023 at 6:02 PM, georgegeorgia said:

So some expats pay to be loved and have someone care for them?

It's not about "love" whatever that is. It's about having someone around, a warm body to wake up next to, being looked after ( depending on how much one wants to pay ).

Unless one is demented, one knows it's only as long as the money flows in her direction.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1