Lauren Boebert says she ‘fell short of values’ after Beetlejuice groping video

Social Media

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

And right wingers on on thin and sordid ground in even making an issue out of this.

That's YOUR job.   What I don't see is anyone making excuses for her. She needs to take the "L" and move on.  Nothing to defend or justify about her idiocy. 

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

This may seem strange, and the news reports don't seem to say much about it, but at least one source I'm reading says vaping in indoor public areas is illegal in Colorado.

Current status as of 2023

"Colorado’s vaping laws continue evolving but include strict regulations as of 2023:

• Indoor vaping bans for nicotine products in all public spaces, workplaces, transit, etc."

Fines and Penalties in Colorado

Colorado has implemented fines and penalties for violating vaping laws:

"Public vaping in prohibited indoor areas results in fines around $500 per infraction."

https://www.coloradoclassic.com/are-vapes-legal-in-colorado/

So, if the above is correct, what Boebert and her date were doing wasn't just rude and inconsiderate (ignoring the complaints of a pregnant woman sitting nearby), but also in violation of Colorado law.

"Surveillance video captured during the "Beetlejuice" musical in Denver appears to show Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO) vaping inside the theater, which contradicts her claim that the smoke was emitted from fog machines."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/09/16/lauren-boebert-vape-theater-beetlejuice-ebof-vpx.cnn

Indeed, indoor vaping in public areas is illegal in Colorado:

Coloradans Can’t Vape In Public Indoor Spaces Anymore — And Smokers Outside Have To Be Farther From Doors

· Jul. 1, 2019, 4:00 am

"Colorado lawmakers have told vapers and e-cigarette users to take it outside. 

A change to the Colorado Indoor Clean Air Act, effective on July 1, adds vaping to the longstanding prohibition of traditional smoking in most indoor public spaces."

https://www.cpr.org/2019/07/01/vaping-law-colorado-indoor-clean-air-act-smoking/

• Like 1

Lauren Boebert’s claims go up in smoke as new video emerges

"it is illegal to vape indoors except in businesses that hold a “marijuana hospitality” license. The Buell Theater explicitly prohibits vaping except in designated areas.

And then Boebert, through her spokesperson, lied about it."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/9/15/2193433/-Lauren-Boebert-s-already-sketchy-reputation-goes-up-in-smoke

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

That's YOUR job.   What I don't see is anyone making excuses for her. She needs to take the "L" and move on.  Nothing to defend or justify about her idiocy. 

Now it's "idiocy". People do all sorts of stupid things. Most have nothing to do with dishonesty. You just can't bring yourself to acknowledge explicitly that she lied or abandon your claim that somehow the culture of D.C. could somehow be partly responsible.

• Like 1

By the way, it also appears to be technically illegal to be filming a stage presentation without explicit permission (which is also what Boebert was doing), due to copyright and other laws:

"Theater officials later removed Boebert and her date after Boebert was caught illegally videotaping the performance.

The video shows Boebert almost constantly in motion, talking and shifting in her seat, with the theater camera picking up regular flashes as she uses both a vape and her phone.

About 10 seconds later on the video, theater officials show up to help Boebert find the way to the exit, but not without an extended argument."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2023/9/15/2193433/-Lauren-Boebert-s-already-sketchy-reputation-goes-up-in-smoke

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

With all the publicity this case is attracting, I wonder if the Denver City Attorney's office will cite Boebert for violating the state's law against indoor public space vaping?

• "We prosecute persons charged with municipal crimes including domestic violence, assault, shoplifting, trespassing, and traffic violations.
  • We handle nuisance abatement cases and licensing violations."

https://www.denvergov.org/Government/Agencies-Departments-Offices/Agencies-Departments-Offices-Directory/City-Attorneys-Office

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, candide said:

You may not share her political stance, but she's far from stupid. 

For example:

"Ocasio-Cortez attended Boston University, where she double-majored in international relations and economics, graduating cum laude."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez

Just FYI, Yingluck Shinawatra also attended a US uni

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

She screwed up.  I would say resignation from Congress would be the dignified thing to do. But probably wont happen.

Of course not, she's entitled, she follows her idol's behaviors and attitudes I can do whatever I want, I am above the law, above values and morals.

I wonder if she took any guns or rifles into the theatre?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Now it's "idiocy". People do all sorts of stupid things. Most have nothing to do with dishonesty. You just can't bring yourself to acknowledge explicitly that she lied or abandon your claim that somehow the culture of D.C. could somehow be partly responsible.

I think I did say that she lied. "The coverup attempt (which is obviously lying) made it worse" is what I wrote. Deny, cover up, deflect. Standard tactics for politicians who are caught out. 

• Like 1

Ahhh her mother must be so proud ???? as are her constituents lmao ???? not!perhaps in chambers they can shorten her title from gentle lady to slut lmao ???? oh boy………this ain’t going to age well bet her kids are proud to………now that’s sad ???? 

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There is nothing wrong with a woman having sex, or being frisky.

The only issue here is her hypocrisy.

I agree with you but not in a public space and not by a ((public servant)) she’s an embarrassment and I cannot imagine how this is affecting her kids………not a good thing 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I think I did say that she lied. "The coverup attempt (which is obviously lying) made it worse" is what I wrote. Deny, cover up, deflect. Standard tactics for politicians who are caught out. 

I just looked through all your previous posts in this thread. You wrote nothing of the sort. Kind of weird that you would make up a quote.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/17/2023 at 2:44 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not sure ‘hottie credentials’ are what motivate Democrat voters.

On 9/17/2023 at 2:46 PM, BenStark said:

I'm sure it wasn't brain credentials in AOC case either

AOC graduated Boston college with a double major cum laude....pretty and brainy.