Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

11 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've already stated my opinion. Although it was not accepted by some and often when I do state my opinion I'm told it stands for nothing as I can provide a link.

Anyway, there have been no charges. No evidence produced. Neither has anyone made a statement. 

Therefore, there is nothing to defend him for and I have not defended him, neither will I if he is eventually taken to court and found guilty.

Your last sentence is a disgrace.

You posted your answer to a question before I even asked it? I don’t want to have to scroll through your posts to find what you claim was an answer that covers what I asked, so if you don’t mind, can you point me to the post of yours where I can find your opinion that covers: “ So what is your ‘opinion’ on his behaviour of grabbing and sexually assaulting guests and colleagues alike?”

Since you claim that you have already stated an opinion that covers my question, if you don’t mind, you can simply show me where you did so and I can read it there. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've already stated my opinion. Although it was not accepted by some and often when I do state my opinion I'm told it stands for nothing as I can provide a link.

Anyway, there have been no charges. No evidence produced. Neither has anyone made a statement. 

Therefore, there is nothing to defend him for and I have not defended him, neither will I if he is eventually taken to court and found guilty.

Your last sentence is a disgrace.

Just to add, there is a lot of evidence that shows him groping and kissing guests and colleagues without their consent. So please express your opinion on that. This is what I am discussing. I don’t know anything about rape, so I’m not discussing that. Only that of which there is irrefutable proof. Okay?

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

You posted your answer to a question before I even asked it? I don’t want to have to scroll through your posts to find what you claim was an answer that covers what I asked, so if you don’t mind, can you point me to the post of yours where I can find your opinion that covers: “ So what is your ‘opinion’ on his behaviour of grabbing and sexually assaulting guests and colleagues alike?”

Since you claim that you have already stated an opinion that covers my question, if you don’t mind, you can simply show me where you did so and I can read it there. Thank you. 

My opinion has always been, not just for Mr.Brand but everyone in general, innocent until proved guilty. 

Trial by social media means nothing in a court of law. Both the accusers stance and the accused's stance should be accepted equally until there is evidence and proof to prove or disprove either.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Just to add, there is a lot of evidence that shows him groping and kissing guests and colleagues without their consent. So please express your opinion on that. This is what I am discussing. I don’t know anything about rape, so I’m not discussing that. Only that of which there is irrefutable proof. Okay?

I have not seem any evidence of such. I've read claims and accusations but not seen any evidence. 

It would appear, at this stage, neither have law enforcement as, at time of writing, no arrests have been made.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not seem any evidence of such. I've read claims and accusations but not seen any evidence. 

It would appear, at this stage, neither have law enforcement as, at time of writing, no arrests have been made.

Just for you:

1CD32032-31D1-45AB-B7F9-EEAC2519AE04.png.cb2873267eebb847bb23ab51a2b1f15e.pngBACA6422-577F-4782-BAE2-6812F72D6A40.png.3d957efe0a9bd37823f68165725796b1.png7025ACA2-77E4-4335-8A88-1FC2C73840A3.png.99eabfc89974a0121666c98c1b29fd3e.png

What’s your opinion? Okay if it were your wife or member of your family?

2 hours ago, NextG said:

Just for you:

1CD32032-31D1-45AB-B7F9-EEAC2519AE04.png.cb2873267eebb847bb23ab51a2b1f15e.pngBACA6422-577F-4782-BAE2-6812F72D6A40.png.3d957efe0a9bd37823f68165725796b1.png7025ACA2-77E4-4335-8A88-1FC2C73840A3.png.99eabfc89974a0121666c98c1b29fd3e.png

What’s your opinion? Okay if it were your wife or member of your family?

I can't see the evidence showing it to be non consensual. She seems quite happy in that embrace.

My wife would not be in that situation. She believes in her wedding vows.

A member of my family? If they were happy, as the woman in the photos seems to be, it's up to her/him.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

I can't see the evidence showing it to be non consensual. She seems quite happy in that embrace.

A member of my family? If they were happy, as the woman in the photos seems to be, it's up to her/him.

As I expected…

One of the reasons people like yourself condone such behaviour, is that it doesn’t ever happen to you. 
People tend to laugh these things off on camera, doubly because they assume that it’s all in fun and don’t want to be spoilsports. 
But I know what it’s like and don’t like it at all. 
Only recently a middle aged woman(to put it politely) groped me in the elevator of my condo. I was appalled but said nothing, but just felt sickened by her actions. 
Not the only occurrence of female molestation and not once did I give consent nor object vociferously, but just walked away or left without saying anything at all. People’s reactions don’t tell you how they really feel. 
Did she try to kiss him? She did not. He forced himself upon her, but she was simply a ‘good sport’ with regard to it. Now extrapolate that to trying it on with most anyone he could and get the measure of his disgusting behaviour. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Evidence?

It’s widely known in the industry. Whereas you are just clueless and disgusting in your defence of his repulsive behaviour. Watch the video for yourself to see if she consents to his trying to kiss her. 

Edited by NextG

17 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s widely known in the industry. Whereas you are just clueless and disgusting in your defence of his repulsive behaviour. Watch the video for yourself to see if she consents to his trying to kiss her. 

I'm not clueless or disgusting. I'm not defending him as, at time of writing, there is nothing to defend him against.

If strong evidence comes to light, currently only allegations, heresay and some people using their dislike for him to try him by social media, and it's proven he did what the allegations say, I will be the first to call for prosecution.

32 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm not clueless or disgusting. I'm not defending him as, at time of writing, there is nothing to defend him against.

If strong evidence comes to light, currently only allegations, heresay and some people using their dislike for him to try him by social media, and it's proven he did what the allegations say, I will be the first to call for prosecution.

Strong evidence? You are already dismissing the very clear pattern of behaviour. Stop writing utter bilge with you suggesting that you would be the first… truly pathetic and disgusting. You don’t convince anyone here. 

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Strong evidence? You are already dismissing the very clear pattern of behaviour. Stop writing utter bilge with you suggesting that you would be the first… truly pathetic and disgusting. You don’t convince anyone here. 

Stop the insults. It's totally unnecessary. 

I've told you my point of view. I've asked for evidence to support yours. You don't seem to have any.

Abuse of all kinds us wrong. I have been victim of abuse so know how it feels. Abuse by reputation leading to trial by social media us also wrong.

Anyone who is found guilty of that they have been accused of deserves the full brunt of the law. Rapists and abusers belong in prison but are also entitled to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

• Like 1

Stop the insults. It's totally unnecessary. 

I've told you my point of view. I've asked for evidence to support yours. You don't seem to have any.

Abuse of all kinds us wrong. I have been victim of abuse so know how it feels. Abuse by reputation leading to trial by social media us also wrong.

Anyone who is found guilty of that they have been accused of deserves the full brunt of the law. Rapists and abusers belong in prison but are also entitled to be presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

Russel Brand will get his day in Court and he will be tried there  .

He isn't getting a trial on twitter

16 hours ago, transam said:

I never said he was............????

I'm glad to read that. Can't stand the bloke myself, but it's time men in general started to fight back against the premise that all men are rapists.

I actually had occasion to confront a female accommodation manager on her desire to ban men, and she flat out told me that "all men are rapists". She lost when I appealed to the board, which was not composed of misandrists.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

That isn't the point. He has been tried in the court of social media and found guilty without any proof. It's already affected his ability to earn a living.

I'm so sick of people convicting others of nefarious activities without a shred of actual evidence. Lots of that going on on this forum about a certain man they don't like.

Stick to the actual reality .

He hasn't been tried anywhere and he hasn't been found guilty anywhere .

There have been numerous allegations and also some evidence .

He is a multi millionaire and he doesn't need to earn a living .

There is some actual evidence in the E-mails he wrote 

4 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

I agree that she doesn't seem unhappy, though I am unable to read her mind.

Did she make an official complaint after though? If not, she can't have considered it a big deal. Perhaps she has other experiences of men trying to undo her bra in a different setting. I think it's probably a quite common event for men to be attempting to undo women's bras, though the courts are not clogged with cases about them doing so.

In any event, it was in a public place and even Brand should not be so stupid as to do something criminal while other people photographed it.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I couldn't care less about him in particular. I'm against the notion that famous men in general are targets of greedy women using an opportunity to get a payday.

If he were Joe the plumber, would he by on trial by social media? I think not. Just another reason I despise social media.

Rapists and people who abuse others deserve all they get IMO , some famous guys think that they can rape anyone they like , its great to see the victims exposing rapists 

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Rapists and people who abuse others deserve all they get IMO , some famous guys think that they can rape anyone they like , its great to see the victims exposing rapists 

If you are being specific about Brand, have you ignored the fact that he has not been convicted of rape, despite having a reputation?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I couldn't care less about him in particular. I'm against the notion that famous men in general are targets of greedy women using an opportunity to get a payday.

If he were Joe the plumber, would he by on trial by social media? I think not. Just another reason I despise social media.

Joe the plumber knows he can't get away with it.